Main Menu

If TC played today

Started by perry geyton, April 10, 2022, 06:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

We'd of won,
With  Harrison playing behind him, zero creativity in our midfield

Still not quite sure why Challobah gets the nod over Seri either

Either way I quite enjoyed that game, was exciting to see us struggle for once, congrats to the 2 tone boys, lord Dammers must be proud

Jules

+1
Chalobah and Reed together is fine to see out a match when winning with 20 mins to go. It's not a creative pair and can't start together. Not sure what Seri has done to not be getting any minutes. We need him or Cairney back in that advanced CM role.

Also, now Carvalho's future is decided, I'd try playing Harry Wilson in the No10 role and I'd play BDR wide right and Kebano on the left of Mitro.

ALG01

Exactly. Except i don' t like being out played and having a class player on the bench we needed on the pitch.
If seri was not available then reid should have been the attacking midfielder from the start, or we needed to completly change the style to make up for the ponderous uninspiring midfield we had today

bobbo

We may not have won but we would have been better I feel and jus maybe we could have won.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

SuffolkWhite

In the last game Reed and Chalabah did well, but for me the game was crying out for Seri or Cairny.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

SP

Unfortunately, playing injured players is never an option.

Not sure if Seri is also carrying a knock as he seemed to be hobbling over to the dugouts?

Whitestone

We should always start with one of Cairney or Seri in home games to get us on the front foot. I can understand the Reed/Chalobah partnership in tough away games, that said, I'd rather not see it at all, unless we're looking to close a game out, as the pair of them lack any serious creativity. Agree with the OP,   Cairney was missed today.

AnOldBrownie

We match up poorly against them defensively.

7 goals in two games.

True....we needed more creativity, but we probably would have conceded another two goals.

Not a good match up for Fulham (surprisingly).

:012:

filham

Hard to see how we can play attacking football with out either Seri or Cairney in the team.
Ch
Chalobah has not come up to scratch and Onomah really does not look good. Both have the right physique but the skills are missing.
A new dominant midfielder is needed for next season.

rebel

Chalobah is a project, like Omonah was for Parker.

Fulham1959

Quote from: perry geyton on April 10, 2022, 06:40:09 PM
We'd of won,
With  Harrison playing behind him, zero creativity in our midfield

Still not quite sure why Challobah gets the nod over Seri either

Either way I quite enjoyed that game, was exciting to see us struggle for once, congrats to the 2 tone boys, lord Dammers must be proud

Or, we'd have won.

JimmyConway

Rubbish! If Cairney had played. Feeble excuse.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: rebel on April 10, 2022, 08:09:01 PM
Chalobah is a project, like Omonah was for Parker.
Hmm, I can think of better words, for both, other than projects!
I'm not having a go at these two, but we have better and should consider upgrading if we want to survive next season.

Somerset Fulham

There is 100% a player in Chalobah, Onoma should probably be playing for Sunderland.

perry geyton

Quote from: Jules on April 10, 2022, 06:48:27 PM
+1
Chalobah and Reed together is fine to see out a match when winning with 20 mins to go. It's not a creative pair and can't start together. Not sure what Seri has done to not be getting any minutes. We need him or Cairney back in that advanced CM role.

Also, now Carvalho's future is decided, I'd try playing Harry Wilson in the No10 role and I'd play BDR wide right and Kebano on the left of Mitro.
Yeah Fab wouldn't get a look in if I was the manager,
I'd have him polishing the wheels of the team bus

Reed has to play holding and I'm hoping Seri's not a 100% cos there's no excuse for him not starting

Twig

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 10, 2022, 09:26:34 PM
There is 100% a player in Chalobah, Onoma should probably be playing for Sunderland.

Well if there is then I'm still waiting to see it.

The Rational Fan

I totally understand why Marco Silva played Chalobah, because Marco Silva desperately needs a backup defensive midfielder for next season that can a) "have a high work rate" (like Reed), b) "break up play" (like Reed), c) "hit a long pass to the wingers" (like KMac or Seri) and d) "provide some aerial support to the center-backs" (like Chambers or KMac). Unfortunately, Chalobah still looks like he has that potential, but he isn't delivering any of those qualities consistently.

RaySmith

We created plenty of chances, especially in the second half, even if the final ball was often off, and we didn't get the rub of the green, but it was in defensive midfeld and at the back - Ream saved us on so many occasions, that we seemed unable to cope with their pace and movement.