watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 15/04/22...

Started by WhiteJC, April 15, 2022, 12:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Harry Wilson finally fulfilling potential three years after magical Derby loan spell

The winger has been a shining light for Fulham since he joined from Liverpool and Friday could not only see the Cottagers edge in on promotion but see Wilson push his old club closer to relegation

Harry Wilson was at a crossroads in his career last summer.

The Welsh winger had just completed a season on loan in the Championship with Cardiff. That was his fifth separate temporary spell away from parent club Liverpool and then aged 24, Wilson had a decision to make. Off the back of an impressive campaign for the Bluebirds, Wilson went with his country to the delayed European Championships although it did not end how he would have liked.

He made three cameos from the bench in the tournament, with his final act seeing him receive a red card in the thumping at the hands of Denmark in the last-16.

There was plenty of speculation over his future but eventually, he ended up cutting ties with Liverpool and moving to the Championship again, this time with freshly-relegated Fulham. They forked out a big fee - reported to be £12m. And it is a decision that has paid off handsomely. Not only are his new employers on the verge of an immediate Premier League return, Wilson is in arguably the best form of his career. He has notched 10 goals in the league and has a whopping 14 assists to his name - the joint-highest tally in the top four divisions.

Those numbers explain why Wilson is one of three players nominated for this season's Championship Player of the Year award, along with Fulham colleague Aleksandar Mitrovic and Bournemouth's Dominic Solanke.

Harry Wilson's superb form for Fulham has seen him shortlisted for the Championship player of the year award, along with teammate Aleksandar Mitrovic (right)

Prior to this season, Wilson's best output had come during one of those aforementioned loan spells away from Liverpool when he spent the 2018-19 term at Derby. Ironically, next up for Wilson's Fulham is a trip to take on the Rams with both sides firmly heading in different directions.

Whilst the Cottagers are destined for the top table, County are heading for League One after a season littered with problems. The reunion with one of his old clubs is sure to stir emotions for Wilson, who played a huge role in Derby's march to the play-off final that season. He scored 16 times as Frank Lampard's men moved within one game of the top flight.

Wilson helped Derby County reach the Championship play-off final during his loan spell in 2018-19

That would prove to be a sliding doors moment for the East Midlands side, with off-field troubles culminating in their current plight. Speaking before the two sides' goalless draw back in November, Wilson spoke of his affection for his old side. "I loved my time there from start to finish," said the 25-year-old. "It finished on a bit of a sour note losing the play-off final but my experiences there, I've got nothing but fond memories.

"The fans, the way they treated me, the support they gave me was unbelievable and the team we had. I made friends for life and people that I still keep in contact with now. I've got nothing but happy memories from that place. To see a club that you feel so strongly for being in the situation they're in, is obviously sad."

With his stock on the rise again, you would not bet against Wilson hammering another nail in his old side's relegation coffin on Friday.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/harry-wilson-fulham-derby-liverpool-26713527

WhiteJC

Queens Park Rangers fined £5,000 after Fulham loss

QPR's players were unhappy with the awarding of a 78th-minute penalty that was converted by Aleksandar Mitrovic

Queens Park Rangers have been fined £5,000 and assistant boss John Eustace £3,000 for incidents in the club's Championship loss to Fulham on 2 April.

An independent regulatory commission found the club failed to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion in the 78th minute of the game - which Fulham won 2-0.

Eustace admitted improper conduct towards the fourth official.

The stoppage-time incident also saw Eustace get a one-match touchline ban.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61110707

WhiteJC

Fulham reveal major injury boost ahead of Derby County clash

The latest Derby County news from DerbyshireLive as Fulham boss Marco Silva delivers an update on his squad ahead of the encounter at Pride Park

Fulham boss Marco Silva says he will have his full squad available heading into the Championship clash with Derby County on Good Friday (8pm).

The league leaders are 10 points clear of second-placed Bournemouth, though last weekend's 3-1 home defeat against Coventry City was a shock for Silva's side.

But the Portuguese boss says his players will solely be focused on the task they have on their hands heading to Pride Park, as they continue their push to claim the league title and promotion to the Premier League.

"I'm fighting for it, like my players are," Silva said in his pre-match press-conference. "I'm really concentrated on my job. I came here to do something special. I'm working from the first day to achieve it.

"The winning mentality we are creating all together and the way we are playing so far.

"The team spirit, the togetherness has been really pleasing for me."

On having a full squad to boost his chances of doing so, he added: "All the squad are available. TC [Tom Cairney] had a small issue after QPR but he is available for this match."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-reveal-major-injury-boost-6954013

WhiteJC

Rooney: "The Mood Is Good And We Will Give It Everything"

Wayne Rooney has insisted the mood is good in the Derby County camp as they approach what he has described as a 'big' Easter Weekend.

Derby will face Sky Bet Championship leaders Fulham at Pride Park Stadium on Easter Friday (8pm kick-off) before heading to Queens Park Rangers on Bank Holiday Monday (3pm kick-off).

Rooney's side, after being impacted with a 21-point deduction this season for entering administration and a historical breach of profitability and sustainability rules, are continuing to fight to remain in the second tier of English football.

They are nine points adrift of safety with five matches left to play and, although the odds are against them, Derby are well versed to taking up a challenge head on.

First up is the visit of Premier League bound Fulham and Rooney has stressed that the visit of the Cottagers is a game his side need to win.

"The mood is good," Rooney told RamsTV. "The lads have trained well, been energetic and worked really hard so it's a big game for us.

"We know Fulham are a very good team, they are top of the league, and we go into this one knowing that we need to win.

"There is pressure on us but that's where we are at; we have to get three points.

"I'm sure by 5pm on Easter Monday, we will know exactly where we are at in terms of if we have got a chance or staying up or we haven't."

He added: "We have got a plan of how we want to play and we feel we can hurt them. They are not unbeatable.

"We must be solid; we have to work hard and we know we have to give everything and go into it with that mentality."

Fulham are on course to return to the Premier League at the first time of asking this term under new boss Marco Silva.

They are ten points clear of AFC Bournemouth in second place and automatic promotion could be confirmed as early as Friday night, should results go their way and then pick up all three points against the Rams.

Aleksandar Mitrovic's goals have played a key role in hiring the Cottagers to the top of the table and he has netted a staggering 38 goals in 38 appearances in the league.

On Fulham, who Derby held to a 0-0 draw at Craven Cottage in November, Rooney said: "I think they have been clinical this season.

"They have Mitrovic up top and they score a lot of goals, but they are clinical and take their chances.

"They have a big squad of players and they are the best in the league so it is a challenge for us.

"We know that we are coming up against a good team but if we stick to our game plan and what we feel will work for us, and where we can hurt them, then we have a chance."

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/04/derby-county-vs-fulham-april-2022-pre-match-interview

WhiteJC

Allsop: "We Have To Be Positive"

Goalkeeper Ryan Allsop believes Derby County need to approach the final five games of the 2021/22 season with a positive mindset as they prepare to take on league leaders Fulham on Good Friday (8pm kick-off).

The Rams have a handful of games remaining to turn around a nine-point deficit or face relegation from the Sky Bet Championship.

It's a tough ask, especially having been deducted 21 points earlier in the season, but the Rams have performed admirably to still be in with a chance of avoiding the drop this deep into the campaign.

Victories are now crucial if Wayne Rooney's side are to avoid the drop into Sky Bet League One but they face a tough task as the division's leaders head to Pride Park Stadium.

The Cottagers have an outside chance of being promoted to the Premier League on Friday should results earlier in the day go in their favour, but with the Rams fighting for their lives, Allsop knows Derby will be going all out for all three points.

"We have to be positive and approach every game as though we are going to win," he told RamsTV. "We know it's going to be a tough game against Fulham, they are top of the league, but I think we can hurt anyone in this division with the way that we can play.

"If we set up right and play the way we want to then we are a dangerous team for anyone to face. We are going to approach it positively and go for the win.

"We can cause teams problems with the way we set up and the structure we play from. Some results have gone against us when we have been more in the game.

"We have conceded sloppy goals which we need to get better at but in terms of us being in matches and staying in them. We've been in every single one, bar a couple.

"We need to approach this one with a positive mindset and we have to win games at this stage. We are going to go for the win and you don't know what's going to happen in football.

"We have got to win every match we play and that's what we are going to try and do."

He added: "Fulham are a very good team. They have shown that throughout the season. They had a bad result the other day as they lost 3-1 to Coventry City but we know they are going to cause us problems and it's how we deal with that and nullify them.

"We need to impose our game on to them and try our best to win. It's not going to be easy but we know we are capable of doing it."

The Rams are back at Pride Park Stadium, a place where they have enjoyed some memorable moments throughout the season.

Victories against Stoke City, AFC Bournemouth and Sheffield United, all of whom came to town on a good run, provide Derby with hope that they can earn a result against Marco Silva's side.

And, for Allsop, the news of a preferred bidder being named by the club's administrators could provide a boost to the Rams squad.

American businessman Chris Kirchner, who has been in Derby over the past couple of days, is hoping he can conclude a deal to buy the club and Allsop believes it is positive news for everyone attached to the football club.

"It's a massive boost for everyone at the club in terms of it moving forward and getting a bit of clarity on the situation for the future," he said. "I think it's massive for everyone in the building, fans and everyone associated with the club.

"It's a massive boost, a massive positive and we need to concentrate on what we do on the pitch and do our best and give our all.

"It has been a long season and we've had to face a lot in terms of stuff off the pitch. There have been stressful moments throughout the season with uncertainty but hopefully we are on the other side of that now and we can start to look forward and plan ahead."

Despite all the off-field issues, on the field, Allsop has enjoyed his football with the Rams so far.

The shot-stopper cemented his place in the starting line up at the start of December and has been a consistent figure between the sticks, following his arrival as a free agent last summer, as the Rams have pushed to stay in the division.

"I absolutely love it here," Allsop admitted. "I can't express how much I have enjoyed this season in a weird way. I've enjoyed my football more than I've ever enjoyed it this season.

"It's been difficult off the pitch but in terms of style of play and the way we approach things on a day to day basis, and the way we work, it's been such an enjoyable time to play in this team.

"It does feel like home and I've loved every minute of it in terms of playing games and the way we play. Hopefully it will only be more enjoyable now that the situation is getting sorted off the pitch."

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/04/allsop-we-have-to-be-positive

WhiteJC

Pre-Match Information: Fulham (H)

Derby County face Fulham in their latest Sky Bet Championship fixture on home turf.

Wayne Rooney's side will face the Cottagers at Pride Park Stadium on Friday 15th April (8pm kick-off).
For those supporters attending the game, we wish to provide the following guidance and information:
COVID Pass Rules Changes

From 27th January 2022, it was confirmed it was no longer mandatory for venues to require attendees to be checked for their COVID-19 status and this applies for matches at Derby County Football Club.

However, some venues or events may still choose to require proof of COVID-19 status as a condition of entry and supporters attending away matches are recommended to check each club's policy in advance.

Supporters are recommended to keep up to date with the latest UK Government guidelines in relation to COVID-19 by visiting gov.uk/coronavirus.
Match Tickets

* Match tickets for home supporters will be on sale until kick-off from the Ticket Office and until 6pm online on dcfc.co.uk.

* The Ticket Office counters at Pride Park Stadium are open from 10am until kick-off.

* The Ticket Office phone lines will open at 10am and close half an hour before kick-off at 7:30pm.

* Supporters are advised to arrive as early as possible if they are purchasing tickets on arrival to avoid queues and potentially missing the start of the game.

* Match tickets that have been sent via the 'Print at Home' delivery method have been sent to the email address we have registered to your Fan ID (please check your junk/spam folders) so please ensure that your details are up to date on dcfc.co.uk.

* If you have NOT received your e-ticket please contact the Ticket Office on Ticket.Office@dcfc.co.uk before the day of the game, in order to avoid unnecessarily queuing at the Ticket Office on matchday.

* Supporters that selected the 'Print at Home' delivery option must print their tickets prior to arriving at the stadium on white A4 paper, using black ink only.

* The option to use Mobile Tickets is no longer available on the turnstiles with Season Ticket Cards in operation.

* Supporters that had a match ticket posted to their home address, or purchased from the Ticket Office, are advised to scan the ticket at the turnstiles as normal.

* There is no option to upgrade nor downgrade tickets on the day of the game, therefore please make sure you have obtained/purchased the correct age category.

* Supporters must ensure their personal and contact details are correct and must provide their current telephone number when purchasing a ticket.

* Supporters with any match ticket related enquiries prior to the day of the game are advised to email Ticket.Office@dcfc.co.uk. Disabled supporters with any access enquires are requested to email [email protected].

* Ticketing FAQs for this game can be found here: dcfc.co.uk/page/ticketing-useful-information?k=fe88ed3b36b97f746b0b1dc4af36319a1d64204e
Stadium Access Issues

* Supporters having issues gaining entry on their tickets are advised to visit the Turnstile Access Issues Windows at the rear of the North Stand from 6:30pm

* The turnstiles will open at 6:30pm and kick-off is at 8pm. Supporters are encouraged to arrive early to avoid unnecessary queues and potentially missing the start of the game.

* Please note that tickets are NOT on sale from the Ticket Access Windows.

* Matchday staff will be available to assist with any queries and direct supporters to their seats. They will be wearing blue tabards and be located around the stadium.

* Bags must be no larger than 45cm x 30cm x 15cm and are subject to search. There is no on-site storage facility for oversized bags. If you have a medical condition that requires you to bring a bag or other equipment, please email [email protected].
Disabled Supporters

* Disabled supporters who have claimed a complimentary Personal Assistant Ticket will also be required to email [email protected] with the full contact details of their Personal Assistant (full name, address, telephone number) as entry into the stadium will not be permitted until this information has been provided.
Code Of Conduct

* Derby County's COVID-19 Supporters Code of Conduct can be found here: dcfc.co.uk/page/covid-19-supporters-co...
Car Parking

* In conjunction with Derby City Council, an online booking system for Pride Park Stadium matchday car parking priced £8.50 (Location No. 754606) is now operation.

* Seasonal Parking Pass holders are not required to book online but must continue to display their car park hanger on the day to avoid incurring a fine.

* Non-Seasonal Parking Pass holders are advised that parking in Car Park A or B without booking via the link provided below risk incurring a fine. Therefore, please book your car park pass in advance of making the journey to Pride Park Stadium.

* For more information and to reserve your space in advance of attending any first team match, visit https://secure.mipermit.com/derby/Account/PayAndSt...

* If you have any questions regarding the matchday parking ticket, please email [email protected].

* Supporters that require Accessible Parking are advised to email [email protected] prior to the match.
Supporter Safety

* In the interest of our supporters' safety, we are advising fans to wear a face covering or face visor (covering both their nose and mouth) in the concourses and toilet areas, unless they are consuming refreshments, medically exempt or under the age of 12.

* Although wearing a mask is no longer mandatory, please consider others around you. Please also continue to use the hand sanitising stations around Pride Park Stadium and try and avoid close contact with others where possible. Finally, please always follow the guidance of Stewards.
Supporter Behaviour

Anti-social behaviour at matches will not be tolerated.

Repeating the previous communication issued earlier this month, Derbyshire Constabulary and the club have had to contend with an unusually higher number of incidents when attending both home and away first team matches.

The club wishes to remind supporters that any form of anti-social behaviour is unacceptable and whilst these instances only represent a small section of supporters, those who behave in this way are only demonstrating a complete lack of respect for all those associated with Derby County.

The support that the club has received in the most challenging of circumstances this season is hugely appreciated, but it should be noted that future incidents could result in further ramifications for the club in the form of either fines or sanctions.

Anyone behaving offensively at a match can expect to be dealt with by the authorities and the club, who continue to work closely with supporter groups to address anti-social behaviour from individual fans and will always support prosecutions when that is the appropriate course of action to take.

Derby County will also continue to collaborate with Derbyshire Constabulary and the Safety Advisory Group to ensure security operations are robust and effective and provide additional support when necessary.

The club's message is very simple to those intent on causing trouble; you do not represent Derby County and, if you cannot control yourself, you are not welcome at matches.
Matchday Incident Reporting

* Supporters can report any incidents or concerns directly to Derby County Match Control on a matchday at Pride Park Stadium via text message. This includes: the use of discriminatory language, anti-social behaviour or any Health & Safety concerns. You must start your text with DCFC, then your message and send to 88440. Please include as much information as possible, including the Stand Row, Seat Number and Names where possible.
Medical Emergencies

With over 20 million supporters attending EFL fixtures each season, there will be occasions where a supporter will require medical treatment during a match.

The health and safety of everybody attending matches at Derby County is of paramount importance, so fans can be reassured that all Clubs have a Matchday Medical Plan with dedicated crowd medical teams in stadia, ready to assist at any point during the match.

If a supporter becomes unwell at Pride Park Stadium and requires medical assistance, then we strongly advise that the nearest steward is made aware who will ensure that the crowd medical team is notified and that appropriate care is provided.

It is important to note that the responsibilities of the crowd medical teams are separate to club medical support teams for players.

This season, a number of EFL matches have been paused while medical treatment has been provided to supporters. On several occasions, the usual Matchday Medical Plan has been bypassed with members of the Clubs' on-pitch medical teams called in to assist.

Supporters are asked not to alert players or staff on the pitch as in most cases the crowd medical team will be able to provide medical care as the match continues.

Should a situation arise where there is a need for the match to be halted, a decision will be taken between the crowd medical team, the ground safety team and the match officials with the information relayed to the supporters at the ground.

This is in line with the briefing note produced by National Events Medicine Advisory Group (NEMAG) in conjunction with the Sports Grounds Safety Authority's (SGSA) and football authorities.

Again, it is important to remember that if you have any concerns or need assistance while at the match, then please notify your nearest steward.
Refreshments

* A limited menu will be served from the concourse kiosks, including pies, hot dogs, drinks and confectionary. This includes a limited range of hot and cold food plus draught alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages.

* Pride Park Stadium is now a cashless venue, debit/credit cards (excluding AMEX) and contactless payment are accepted.

* Due to a change in Matchday Safety Guidelines ALL drinks from the kiosks within Pride Park Stadium will be served after being decanted.
Fans Park

* The Fans Park, located in the Toyota West Stand car park, will be open from 6pm until kick-off and supporters will be able to purchase alcoholic and non-alcoholic pre-match refreshments.
The Yard

* The Yard at Pride Park Stadium will be open from 6pm until kick-off and after the final whistle until 11:30pm. A Bar Menu will be available to supporters on first-come, first-served basis.
DCFCMegastore

* The DCFCMegastore will be open from 9am until 8pm.

* The DCFCMegastore's 'Ministore' outside the stadium will be open from 5pm until kick-off at 8pm.
Matchday Betting

* Supporters wishing to place a matchday bet can do so using club partner Unibet's fast and secure betting App easily from their mobile, as well as at the Unibet stations in the concourse areas.

Download from the Apple Store: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/unibet-pro/id4633353...

Download for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com....

Please Note: 18+ only. begambleaware.org.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/04/pre-match-information-fulham-h

WhiteJC

The strange feeling of inevitability at Fulham

The bizarre feeling of inevitability may even have hit the most pessimistic of Fulham fans this season. Marco Silva's swaggering side were in no doubt of what they were to achieve this season and have navigated the Championship with the same confident manner. As with any season for any football club, it has had its ups and downs with losses to Blackpool, Reading and two to Coventry being contrary to memorable 7-0s at the aforementioned Reading and Blackburn Rovers and two back to back 6-2s against Bristol City and Birmingham. It's almost easy to forget that Fulham had a period of 2 wins in 6 games before 7 wins in a row was followed up by a 5 game winless run.

With six games to go, Fulham hold a 10 point lead at the top and a 14 point lead of 3rd placed Huddersfield on top of 16 point gap on 4th placed Nottingham Forest who hold a game in hand. All this means that it would take near perfection for the chasers plus a complete capitulation at Craven Cottage to catch Fulham and ruin the promotion (17/18), relegation (18/19), promotion (19/20), relegation (20/21) and promotion (21/22 pending) pattern. Fulham began to wrestle control of 1st place thanks to the seven game run of wins and a strong start to the new year.

To mention inevitable and Fulham without mentioning Aleksandar Mitrovic would be criminal. Our Serbian talisman has thrived in Marco Silva's system of constant attacking waves and actual patterns of play, a refreshing style of football that clearly knew how it was going to try and score against the opposition as opposed to having a 'philosophy' for philosophies sake. There a few words to describe Mitro's season that haven't been said before, 38 goals (and counting) in 38 fixtures plus 7 assists that only 13 players in the division have bettered has featured a hat-trick of hat-tricks, a longest goal drought of 3 games and as I write, more goals than 3 clubs in the division. The inevitable Championship Player of the Season continues to write himself into Fulham folklore.

Sometimes you can just see 'it' in a player. It's an innate appreciation and control of the ball, it's a manipulation of space off the ball and in special cases, immense work rate to press and move. Fulham's Scholar Of The Year in 2020 and the Fulham Supporter's Trust Academy Player of the Year in 2021, Fabio Carvalho, had the same inevitable stardom of the likes of Ryan Sessegnon in years prior. His move to Liverpool also had a feel of certainty, his style and skillset as if Jurgen Klopp had him built in a factory.

While new and returning faces have contributed to Fulham's success this season, a word of support to the inevitable Tim Ream. His assured displays into his mid-30s have seen us enjoy perhaps his last year of Craven Cottage with comfortable distribution and collected defensive style. A typical Tim Ream defensive motion followed by "Ream" from the Fulham Faithful will be missed when his time is up. With more Fulham appearances than Aaron Hughes, Clint Dempsey and due to overtake Luis Boa Morte, Tim Ream's service to the club is second to few, let alone in the 21st century when the only player to join Fulham post-2000 and have more appearances for the club is Brede Hangeland. A cult hero in the final year of his contract at Fulham may just be on the way out with inevitable contributions to a near-certain Championship trophy.

While Fulham are almost mandatorily busy on transfer deadline day, the inevitability of Fulham's position has seen the club (all but) secure the signing of Manor Solomon from Shakhtar Donetsk in April. The Premier League planning appears to be well underway, a luxury the lottery of the play-offs can't buy you. Fulham are set to not only have more time than their fellow promoted Championship clubs but about five-weeks preparation and transfer time on their (to be) fellow Premier League sides.

When things seem so certain, it's important to enjoy them at the time. Don't stress yourself out about mathematical points predictors when Silva's side have done so well to have such a strong lead into the final straight. Enjoy these last few games and drink in every moment as a trophy lift at Craven Cottage is feeling inevitable.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/04/the-strange-feeling-of-inevitability-at-fulham/

WhiteJC

Riverside Season Tickets: ST Priority & General Sale

2021/22 Season Ticket Holders will have exclusive access to purchase seats for the 2022/23 campaign in the new Riverside Stand Lower Tier from Tuesday 19th April at 10am.

The response from supporters across all three priority groups has been fantastic. Fans are reminded that all seats in the Lower Tier are available to purchase on a first-come-first-served basis – with very high demand expected, and to avoid disappointment, supporters looking to secure seats in the new stand as soon as possible.

Please note, any 2021/22 Season Ticket Holders who purchase in the Riverside Stand will not have their current seat reserved for 2022/23 renewal.
Priority Group 3

Supporters in Priority Group 3 have until 5pm on Monday 18th April to purchase their seat in the new Riverside Stand Lower Tier.
2021/22 Season Ticket Holders

Season Ticket Holders who were not in any of the three Priority Groups will have a three day exclusivity window to secure a seat in the Lower Tier for 2022/23 Season.

These seats will be available to purchase online at tickets.fulhamfc.com, by phone on 0203 871 0810 (Mon-Fri, 9:30am-4:30pm) or in person from the Ticket Office at Craven Cottage.
Additional Seats

Supporters who have already committed for 2022/23 will also be able to purchase additional seats in the Riverside Lower Tier between 10am on Tuesday 19th and 5pm Thursday 21st April. Please note, additional seats are only available to buy over the phone on 0203 871 0810 (9:30am-4:30pm) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office - supporters who fall into this group will not be able to purchase online during this window.
General Sale

Subject to availability, new Riverside Stand Lower Tier Season Tickets will be made available on General Sale, from 10am on Friday 22nd April.
PREPARE FOR YOUR SALES WINDOW

With in-person visits to Craven Cottage unavailable, use the Club's 3D seat tool to gain an understanding of what seats remain and the different types of views available from the new stand.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/april/14/riverside-season-tickets-general-sale-info/

WhiteJC

Promotion Permutations

When Fulham kick-off in Good Friday's evening fixture, we will know whether or not it's possible to confirm promotion with a victory over Derby County.

The day starts with Nottingham Forest's trip to Luton Town, and if the Reds lose at Kenilworth Road, three points at Pride Park will confirm our return to the Premier League.

Even if Forest draw, a Fulham victory will all but mathematically seal a top-two place, such is our superior goal difference.

Huddersfield Town can technically still catch us, too, but the highest points tally available to them is 85, so a Whites win would put us out of their reach.

But regardless of any permutations, Marco Silva insists his side will be concentrating purely on themselves.

"What happens in the other results, is not the main thing for us right now," he explained. "If you start to focus on other sides, then you don't keep the focus on ourselves and what we can do, and you can have problems.

"One of the main things for us is we always focus on ourselves, it's what we can control, and we can control our game against Derby. There are things we can't control at all, and we will not lose energy, time and focus on this situation.

"We are really calm about the situation. From the first day, [promotion] was our aim and we are fighting for it.

"We know nothing is guaranteed yet and we have to keep fighting, keep working hard, keep enjoying the moment as well, embrace the challenge like we are doing so far.

"We go into the match thinking only about getting three points, and at the end we will see what will happen in the table, and the consequence that will come from the match.

"That's the way we've been preparing so far, and nothing's changed. We have six games to play, and the next one is the most important one for us."

Promotion is not the only target for the Club, with Marco hoping his men get their just rewards for a phenomenal season, with winners' medals come May.

"We don't have just one goal in our mind," he stated. "Of course, the main thing for us is to get promoted, [but] we want to fight to be Champions, we want to fight to finish on the top.

"Most weekends we have been there, at the top of the table, and we will fight for it until the last day of the Championship.

"I know that some clubs will fight for the same. Not many for the top right now, two or three, but more are fighting for promotion.

"We have to keep our feet on the ground, focus, focus, focus, keep the concentration.

"I think the last game is a good example of how we can't lose one second of focus, because if you are not 100 per cent in the game then things that happened last Sunday against Coventry can happen again. And we don't want that."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/april/14/promotion-permutations/

WhiteJC

1983 and all that

The mere mention of Derby County will bring a frown to the face of any Fulham fan of a certain vintage. Malcolm Macdonald's homegrown side, put together on a shoestring budget, might well have blown their chances of a second successive promotion by the time they headed for Baseball Ground on the final day of the 1983 season following three consecutive defeats that transformed a seemingly comfortable advantage over Leicester City in a straight shoot-out with the Foxes for the third promotion spot, but that ill-timed loss of form doesn't diminish the scandalous nature of what transpired.

It is hard not to think of what Macdonald's magnificent side – very similar in their adventurous approach to Marco Silva's current Cottagers in many ways – might have been able to do in the top flight. The team was packed with quality from Gerry Peyton in between the sticks, the homegrown duo of Tony Gale and Jeff Hopkins competing with Roger Brown in central defence, the industrious Rob Wilson, Ray Lewington and gifted Ray Houghton in midfield and the prolific Gordon Davies paired with Dean Coney up front. The Whites did things in real style – scoring four against Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Grimsby and Wolves – and, even after their late stumble, a win at Derby would have ended Fulham's fifteen year exile from English football's elite after Leicester could only draw with Burnley.

Derby were desperate for the points themselves to avoid relegation and there was a nasty atmosphere in the air, with Houghton recalling that home fans had mimed throat-cutting gestures to the visiting players as they entered the ground. The travelling supporters had coins, a pigs head and urine thrown at them, and there were fights in the vicinity of the Baseball Ground both before and afterwards. Luck wasn't with Macdonald's men on the field, either. Home goalkeeper Steve Cherry produced an outstanding save to deny Coney an opener and Davies was incensed at not being awarded a penalty after being fouled in the area. Referee Ray Chadwick appeared reluctant to punish a succession of niggly home fouls – that in the modern game might well have been punished with red cards rather than yellows, but that all seems rather tame when you consider how the game ended.

Derby got the goal their survival hopes depended onto when Bobby Davidson volleyed home with fourteen minutes to play. The tinderbox exploded. Home fans scaled the fences in celebration and the stewards and local police failed to prevent the fence gates from being opened. The home crowd flocked around the perimeter of the pitch. Houghton had a shot superbly tipped over the crossbar by an inspired Cherry – and supporters surged onto the field to congratulate the Derby goalkeeper. The contest was now a farce. Lewington remonstrated with several fans as he looked to take the ensuing corner but had to abandon his usual run-up to get the ball in.

Wilson went on a run down the left wing and was felled by a tackle from a supporter. Referee Chadwick restarted proceedings with a drop ball. When he blew for an offside decision, thousands of home fans invaded the pitch again to acclaim Derby's survival. The players sought sanctuary in the dressing room, with Hopkins – who had his shirt ripped apart – punched several times by Derby supporters. Chadwick said that there were 78 seconds left on his stopwatch, but the reality was that the consistent stoppages following Davidson's goal would have necessitated plenty of injury time.

Macdonald, who never got to manage in the top flight, was apoplectic with rage. He insisted the game should be replayed – repeating over and over in his post-match interviews that a football match was meant to last ninety minutes. Fulham's appeal to the Football League was dismissed the following Monday, with the league's then chairman – one Graham Kelly – claiming: "It would be monstrously unfair on other clubs affected, most of all Leicester City. The circumstances cannot be recreated unless you replay almost the whole of the Second Division programme." A second appeal, supported by a 38-page submission, also failed with the League referring to regulation nineteen of their rules, which gave them 'absolute discretion'. Fulham's fabulous side was quickly broken up with the asset-stripping that followed almost taking the club out of business altogether.

There may have been a modicum of revenge earned in recent seasons – with Derby going down from the Premier League after drawing with Roy Hodgson's side during the Great Escape and those goals from Ryan Sessegnon and Denis Odoi settling a tight play-off semi-final in 2018, but it is understandable that memories of that horrid afternoon remain fresh for all who witnessed such an injustice. How fitting it would be were Fulham to clinch promotion at Pride Park tomorrow night.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/04/1983-and-all-that/

WhiteJC

£12m man Liverpool sold last summer could now be named best player in his entire league

Former Liverpool winger Harry Wilson has been nominated for the Championship Player of the Season award.

The 25-year-old, who joined The Reds aged seven, has been excellent for The Cottagers as they look certain to bounce back to the Premier League.

Wilson has hit double figures in both goals and assists in the Championship this season. His 14 assists is a league high, while he's also managed to weigh in with 10 goals of his own.

As per fulhamfc.com, Wilson will battle it out with Aleksander Mitrovic and fellow Liverpool old-boy Dominic Solanke for the award.

Mitrovic is likely to be a shoo-in for the award having plundered an unprecedented 38 goals in the league this season. Wilson's standing as a scorer and a creator will stand him in good stead to run the Serbian close, though.

Good luck Harry!

Liverpool feeling short-changed
After playing just once during his Liverpool career, the Welshman was finally moved on by Jurgen Klopp last summer. The £12m that it cost Fulham to bring him to West London felt like a good deal for Liverpool at the time.

But given his output since then, it's possible that The Reds were a little short-changed on Wilson. It'll be interesting to see whether he can make the step up to the top division next season.

Liverpool may feel some disappointment at potentially losing out on a chunk of money for Wilson. But this should be tempered by the deal they look to have struck for Fabio Carvalho.

According to The Athletic, The Reds have already agreed a deal to bring Carvalho to Anfield next season. The fee looks like being around £7.7m including add-ons.

That looks an incredible deal on the face of it. Even more so when you consider that he has also made the shortlists announced today. The 19-year-old is one of three players nominated for the Young Player of the Season.

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2022/04/14/12m-man-liverpool-sold-last-summer-could-now-be-named-as-the-best-player-in-his-entire-league/

WhiteJC

Stylish Fulham have bossed the Championship all season and stand on the brink of promotion this weekend with striker Mitrovic eyeing up a record... But after two failed attempts to remain in the Premier League, can they shed their yo-yo reputation?

Fulham could be promoted to the Premier League over the Easter weekend
    If Nottingham Forest lose and they win on Friday, they'll get over the line
    Alternatively, wins over Derby on Friday and Preston on Monday will be enough
    Marco Silva's side can still surpass a century of goals and and points
    But the step up to the Premier League has proved difficult in recent seasons
    Whether they spent big or not, Fulham came back down in 2019 and 2021

The victory champagne should be nicely chilled, having been on ice for an awful long time now.

Fulham should finally be able to uncork it over the Easter weekend as they return to the Premier League in about as straightforward a manner as the notoriously demanding Championship will allow.

If Nottingham Forest lose at Luton Town on Friday lunchtime and Fulham then win at Derby County that evening, they'll be home. Otherwise, a win over the Rams and also Preston North End on Tuesday will do it.

Fulham have been head and shoulders above everyone else in the Championship this season

Manager Marco Silva has got his side playing with panache and the goals have flowed

Fulham could be promoted on Friday if Nottingham Forest lose at Luton and they beat Derby

Marco Silva's team won't surpass Reading's post-2004 rebrand points record of 106, set in 2005-06, but they can bring up a century with a maximum of 18 points from their remaining half-dozen games.

Fulham have already racked up 94 goals from 40 matches and they should surpass the Royals' record tally of 99 goals from that same campaign. Indeed, a goal glut from here may see them beat Manchester City's 108 from 2001-02.

Their deadly striker Aleksandar Mitrovic will certainly fancy his chances of scoring the five more goals he needs to overtake Guy Whittingham's post-1992 second-tier record of 42.

He's already smashed the 33 by Brentford's Ivan Toney that set a Championship record last season.

Fulham have been ruthless, stylish and consistent in equal measure. Both Blackburn Rovers and Reading have taken 7-0 pastings on their own ground. Bristol City and Birmingham City were hit for six in the space of four days. They've scored four or more goals on 10 occasions.

Silva's commitment to attack has made this Fulham side a far more entertaining watch than the Slavisa Jokanovic-led promotion side of 2017-18 and Scott Parker's 2019-20 vintage. It explains why this Fulham will go up as champions rather than fighting through the play-offs.

But the Craven Cottage regulars will be forgiven for already looking forward to next season and whether their yo-yo club can finally establish themselves in the top-flight again.

It's become even more imperative now that west London rivals Brentford are staying up for a second season and the £80million Riverside Stand - with its £1,000 season tickets and rooftop swimming pool - nearing completion.

The question now is whether Fulham can stay in the Premier League - unlike the last two campaigns in the top-flight in 2018-19 and 2020-21

The redevelopment of the Riverside Stand will boost the capacity of Craven Cottage

Ahead of their 2018-19 Premier League season, owner Shahid Khan sanctioned £100million of spending on new signings but they still finished second bottom, some 10 points adrift of safety.

When they last came back up, amid the Covid pandemic in 2020, outlay was more modest, with a greater reliance on loan signings. The frugal approach didn't work either, they finished 11 points shy of Burnley in 17th.

So are they good enough to stay up this time around?

Clearly much will depend on Mitrovic, a man of prodigious scoring feats in the Championship who has been a flop in the Premier League with returns of nine for Newcastle in 2015-16 and just 11 and four in Fulham's two seasons.

It may be better this time around. After all, the 27-year-old has plenty of top-flight experience in the bank but he just doesn't seem able to bully Premier League defences like those in the Championship.

Equally, Fulham don't really have anyone else as a senior centre forward and would be well-advised to sign one in the summer even if it risks upsetting the Serb. If Mitrovic picks up an injury, they are seriously diminished.

Craft and creativity from the flanks has been a Fulham hallmark for some time now and they're not short of options. Whether they're Premier League calibre is another matter.

Harry Wilson, who cost £12m from Liverpool, has enjoyed an outstanding season with 11 goals and 15 assists. The Welshman will relish a first proper crack at the Premier League after his Liverpool career faded into EFL loan spells.

Harry Wilson has excelled in Fulham colours since joining the club from Liverpool for £12m

Left winger Neeskens Kebano has also performed well this season but his contribution to the last Premier League campaign was minimal and he was ultimately loaned out to Middlesbrough.

Ivan Cavaleiro also struggled to make the step up last time and has seen his effectiveness this season hampered by a groin injury.

The point is, Fulham place a great emphasis on flying wingers but none of the present options are proven in Premier League football.

19-year-old playmaker Fabio Carvalho has enjoyed a superb breakthrough year but is bound for Liverpool in a deal initially worth £5m that could rise to nearer £8m.

Fabio Carvalho's impressive season has led very quickly to a big club move with Liverpool

Fulham will finalise a £6.3million move for Shakhtar Donetsk star Manor Solomon this summer

The Portuguese is clearly on a good trajectory and Fulham have been wise to insert a future sell-on clause but it won't help them now.

They have already invested the Carvalho money in the £6.3m signing of Manor Solomon, the Israel international winger, from crisis-hit Shakhtar Donetsk.

Just as important, if not more so, next season will be keeping goals out. Fulham have kept 15 clean sheets this season and conceded only 35 times, the joint-best record in the league.

But their Premier League ventures have been messy at times. They shipped 81 goals in 2018-19, a shocking return but they improved this to 'only' 53 last season.

Jean Michael Seri, Harrison Reed and Nathaniel Chalobah shield the defence well but Silva will have to get the balance right and it could well tilt towards a more conservative approach to avoid the midfield being overrun and it could be to the detriment of Fulham's identity.

Right-back Neco Williams has slotted in nicely since arriving on loan from Liverpool in January and his brimming confidence was in evidence in the win over Blackburn, when he almost chipped the Rovers keeper from his own half.

Jurgen Klopp may have other ideas but perhaps Fulham could secure another season from Williams.

United States international Tim Ream and Tosin Adarabioyo have formed a strong central defensive partnership and both will be raring to have another crack at the Premier League.

That especially applies to Ream, who was demoted to the bench for much of last season after Ola Aina and Joachim Andersen arrived on loan and Parker went three-at-the-back.

But there's no avoiding the fact there is a considerable gulf in quality between the Championship and the Premier League.

Many of the current squad have learned this from bitter experience. This time around, Fulham may opt to keep a winning side together and hope for the best rather than interfere too much.

But reinforcements will still be required in many areas to boost squad depth. Otherwise, Fulham may well find themselves praying there are three worse teams than them on their latest Premier League adventure.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10719509/Can-Fulham-stay-Premier-League-season-Championship-promotion-beckons.html

WhiteJC

Up next: Derby County (a)

Any trip to Derby County is likely to conjure up a fair bit of rage for the longstanding Fulham fans. The Whites might have relegated the Rams in 2008 and, after winning at Derby in the regular season, memorably won a play-off semi-final final a decade later thanks to the soaring Denis Odoi, but the memories of Malcolm Macdonald's side being cheated out of a chance of promotion to the top flight certainly linger. None of that will particularly relevant to Marco Silva's side, who despite stuttering towards the finishing line with just two wins in their last five fixtures, have a chance of sealing their return to the Premier League at Pride Park tonight.

Derby have already shown they aren't pushovers this season. Wayne Rooney's side, who have battled bravely against adversity all campaign, badly need a win to keep their hopes of a miraculous escape alive after their points deductions and financial uncertainty. A mixture of experience and youthful exuberance helped County claim a precious point at Craven Cottage earlier in the campaign, when they held a norovirus-hit Fulham side to a goalless draw. Rooney's motivational powers and tactical acumen have impressed many – the Rams would be safely ensconced in mid-table had they not been hindered by the EFL's penalties for Mel Morris' reckless gambles – and the clutch of homegrown stars who have flourished when thrown into the first team hint at a brighter future.

There does seem to a bit of light at the end of Derby's annus horribilis, with American software supremo Chris Kirchner finally confirmed as the club's preferred bidder after an agonising wait at the hands of the administrators. Any successful takeover would likely impose another 15-point handicap next season but Kirchner's arrival would remove the spectre of liquidation for one of English football's biggest names. If the club's academy can continue producing young gems and Rooney remains at helm, then brighter times might just be closer than you might think for one of the game's sleeping giants.

No Championship club has suffered fewer home defeats than Derby, so the trip to Pride Park will be far from straightforward for Silva's side. Rooney's blend of workmanlike knowhow and precocious young talent has inspired plenty of memorable performances against the league's leading sides this term – and you wouldn't bet against another act of defiance this evening. They have the fourth best defensive record on home turf in the division with the evergreen Curtis Davies still a miserly presence at the heart of the back four, as demonstrated in a masterful display in SW6 back in November.

Fulham boast the Championship's most clinical away record, with thirteen wins and 48 goals scored in twenty matches, and they will chomping at the bit to put things right after Sunday's error-strewn defeat at the hands of Coventry City. Silva could hand fit-again captain Tom Cairney a recall after the Whites were both out-thought and outplayed in the engine room last weekend but wholesale changes after a setback don't appear to be the placid Portuguese coach's way. He will seek an uplift in intensity and application against a ferocious opponent and continue to carefully assess who might be able to make the step up from his current squad.

MY FULHAM XI (4-2-3-1): Rodak; Williams, Bryan, Adarabioyo, Ream; Reed, Cairney; Wilson, Kebano, Carvalho; Mitrovic. Subs (not used): Gazzaniga, Tete, Hector, Chalobah, Seri, Decordova-Reid, Muniz.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/04/up-next-derby-county-a/

WhiteJC

Fulham potentially set to hold advantage over Huddersfield Town in transfer race

Premier League outfit Chelsea will give centre-back Levi Colwill a chance to shine during pre-season but would most likely send him out on loan to a top-tier side if he fails to force his way into the Blues' first team, as per a report from 90min.

The 19-year-old has been a key player for current loan side Huddersfield Town this season, helping to transform the Terriers from strugglers to genuine promotion candidates with his 26 league appearances this term.

Managing to get on the scoresheet twice and recording one assist in the process, it's his defending that has received the most plaudits with the teenager establishing himself as one of the best young talents at Stamford Bridge.

With this, he has attracted interest from several sides ahead of a potential move in the summer window with Carlos Corberan's men and Fulham both thought to be weighing up a potential move.

They aren't alone in this race, however, with Everton, Leicester City and Southampton also said to be in the running for his signature.

The top-tier trio look set to hold an advantage in this pursuit, with 90min reporting that a loan move to the top flight looks certain for the central defender if he can't impress at Stamford Bridge in pre-season.

And it also means the Cottagers look more likely to get this deal over the line at this stage with Marco Silva's men closing in on automatic promotion and the Terriers' fate looking uncertain with a play-off place beckoning for them.

The Verdict:

This could be a decent deal for Silva's side because this loan agreement would allow them to add depth and quality in an area they need to improve, whilst enabling them to address other areas too because this deal is unlikely to cost too much.

Bringing the teenager in may also allow them to offload the likes of Michael Hector, Alfie Mawson and Terence Kongolo, all of whom haven't featured much this term but are probably on a decent salary.

With these potential departures on the way and Tosin Adarabioyo arguably needing a centre-back partner, at least two players in this position may need to be recruited to give Silva's men the best possible chance of remaining afloat in the top tier beyond the end of 2022/23.

Other positions may also need to be addressed though including the forward department with more competition needed for Aleksandar Mitrovic and Rodrigo Muniz – and a Fabio Carvalho replacement is also needed to fill the void he will leave.

They look set to fill this void by bringing in Manor Solomon, so it wouldn't be a massive surprise if officials at Craven Cottage decide to focus on the centre-back area next.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-potentially-set-to-hold-advantage-over-huddersfield-town-in-transfer-race/

WhiteJC

Fulham eye 39-year revenge mission against Derby for 'game that never ended'

The Cottagers can potentially seal an immediate Premier League return with victory over Wayne Rooney's side - laying to rest an infamous match back in 1983 that ended up costing them promotion

Good Friday could turn into a great Friday for Fulham.

Depending on what third-placed Huddersfield and fourth-placed Nottingham Forest do earlier in the day, the Cottagers could well be toasting promotion back to the Premier League around 10pm. The irony that Marco Silva's side can achieve such a feat against Derby County, of all teams, may perhaps be lost on many younger Fulham fans.

But those of a certain age will cast their minds back to the events from 39 years ago. The 1982-83 campaign saw Fulham going for a second straight promotion, having come up from Division Three the year before. Malcolm MacDonald's side looked in fine fettle for one of the three automatic spots (in the days before the play-off system was introduced) for most of the season.

But a late season collapse would allow a resurgent Leicester to pip them to the post, with the Foxes not losing any of their final 15 games. Nevertheless, a goalless draw for Leicester against Burnley opened up the chance for Fulham to clinch elevation if they could win away at Derby on the last day.

The Rams had plenty to play for themselves, in need of a win that would guarantee them a spot in the second tier for the following season. It was an understandably tense affair at the Baseball Ground that day, but the vast majority of the stadium erupted when Bobby Davison notched for the hosts with 14 minutes to go.

Fulham's Ray Houghton attempts to stop Derby's Archie Gemmill in a keenly-contested clash on the final day of the 1982-83 season ( Image:
Popperfoto via Getty Images)

That goal then sparked unsavoury scenes with home fans spilling onto the pitch, clearly overjoyed at the prospect of survival. Robert Wilson, who was playing for Fulham that day, said of the atmosphere: "I looked at the clock on the ground when the goal went in and noticed fans coming on to the pitch.

"They simply kept coming off the terraces and it became very difficult to play. It was very intimidating. I have never been so frightened in my life. I wondered if I was going to make it."

Malcolm MacDonald was unable to get Fulham promoted from the Second Division and was critical of how their game at Derby was managed by the officials

Police officers stormed the pitch in a bid to restore order but fans could only be scaled back as far as the bylines and behind the goals. This, understandably, increased the hostility for Fulham's players who were seeing their promotion dreams disappear by the second. Referee Ray Chadwick then blew his whistle, to the surprise of some onlookers, with only 89 minutes on the clock.

A lengthy process followed in trying to get players and officials off the pitch safely. Then, amazingly, Chadwick indicated that the match still had 78 seconds to go as his "final whistle" had actually been blown for an offside.

But amid a full-on pitch invasion there was little hope of that becoming a reality.

Fulham's defeat sparked joyous scenes as Leicester City won promotion to the top flight in 1983

MacDonald, speaking post-match, was fuming: "The rules state the game should last for 90 minutes." Fulham eventually appealed, asking for the game to be replayed but it fell on deaf ears.

Football League secretary Graham Kelly would later say: "It would be monstrously unfair on other clubs affected, most of all Leicester City. The circumstances cannot be recreated unless you replay almost the whole of the Second Division programme."

That afternoon in the East Midlands would prove to be a sliding doors moment for Fulham, who would end up going back down to the third division in 1986. They would have to wait until 2001 to finally return to the top tier. Another chance to get back there represents itself tonight - and with it the chance to push Derby closer to the abyss at the same time.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fulham-derby-promotion-revenge-1983-26714407

WhiteJC

Fulham may be cruising into the Premier League but NINE other teams are fighting for promotion from the Championship, with Bournemouth being hunted down for that last automatic spot and Luton aiming for their first taste of the Premier League

The Championship is perhaps the toughest division in the world to escape from
    This season, as many as 10 different teams are fighting for the Premier League
    Fulham are flying high at the top while Bournemouth are also in the automatics
    However, below them a host of sides are battling it out for a place in the top six
    Likes of Huddersfield, Nottingham Forest and Luton are gunning for Wembley

'The Championship is probably the hardest second division in the world.'

Who said that, you ask? It was none other that Pep Guardiola, the king of winning trophies. He has coached all around the world and knows exactly how difficult it is to achieve success in football. He is also absolutely correct.

With 46 matches to play and the dreaded play-offs at the end of the season, the second tier is one of the toughest divisions to escape. Many clubs have tried, failed, and then plummeted down the ladder into mediocrity.

It is unforgiving and takes its toll on a whole squad. But the reward for promotion is enviable riches, and the play-off final, held at Wembley every campaign, is the most lucrative match in the world because it is worth £170million to the winners.

This time around, high-flying Fulham are nailed-on to escape that dogfight. They are sitting in first place, ten points ahead of second, and could even go up this weekend.

As for the rest, they are braced for a flurry of games and drama before the curtain comes down and teams are left to lick their wounds or party the night away.

Here, Sportsmail takes a look at the promotion and play-off picture as it stands...

Fulham are top of the Championship and are destined for a Premier League return this year

FULHAM

Position: 1st

Top scorer: Aleksandar Mitrovic (38)

The champagne has surely already been popped at Craven Cottage. Fulham have led the way at the top for most of the season, and will wrap up promotion soon.

They could bounce back to the big time this weekend, with two victories over Derby and Preston guaranteeing them a spot in the top two.

Even a loss against Wayne Rooney's men may not be enough to stop the celebrations should Nottingham Forest fall at Luton.

Marco Silva's side may have slipped up to Coventry last time out in a major shock, but they will certainly be playing Premier League football again next season.

Remaining fixtures:

April 15 - Derby (A)

April 19 - Preston (H)

April 23 - Bournemouth (A)

April 26 - Nottingham Forest (H)

May 2 - Luton (H)

May 7 - Sheffield United (A)

Aleksandr Mitrovic has scored 38 goals in the second tier to fire the club back into the big time

BOURNEMOUTH

Position: 2nd

Top scorer: Dominic Solanke (25)

Despite their inconsistencies, Bournemouth have flitted in and around the automatic promotions for most of the season - although their form has stuttered recently.

It is their superb start, then, that set them in good stead. The Cherries went unbeaten for their first 15 league games, and have steadily built on that.

Importantly, they score plenty of goals, although their defensive vulnerability at times has seen them slip up for some surprise results.

Stringing together two promising results during this busy period will surely see them home and dry, and earn them a spot back in the top-flight.

Remaining fixtures:

April 15 - Middlesbrough (H)

April 18 - Coventry (A)

April 23 - Fulham (H)

April 26 - Swansea (A)

April 30 - Blackburn (A)

May 3 - Nottingham Forest (H)

May 7 - Millwall (H)

HUDDERSFIELD

Position: 3rd

Top scorer: Danny Ward (13)

Having been Marcelo Bielsa's assistant at Leeds, Carlos Corberan knows all about high-octane football. That is exactly what his side have served up this season.

Suddenly, almost out of nowhere, they have become contenders for automatic promotion, having shrugged off the stuttering first season under their manager.

Recent wins over Hull and Luton have seen them cling onto third, and picking up six more points should seal them a play-off spot at the minimum.

They may even be aiming for more, although Bournemouth hold two games in hand on them and are already four points adrift in second.

Remaining fixtures:

April 15 - QPR (H)

April 18 - Middlesbrough (A)

April 22 - Barnsley (H)

April 30 - Coventry (A)

May 7 - Bristol City (H)

NOTTINGHAM FOREST

Position: 4th

Top scorer: Brennan Johnson (15)

It has been a remarkable turnaround for Nottingham Forest under Steve Cooper.

When he took the reins at the City Ground in September, they were rooted bottom of the table and had axed Chris Hughton. Now, they are set to finish in the top six.

Notably, they also hold two games in hand on the teams around them and, if they win both while Huddersfield slip up, could even move up into third spot.

They enjoyed a superb run in the FA Cup, too, and despite them facing Fulham and Bournemouth soon, they will be confident in their hopes of reaching Wembley.

Remaining fixtures:

April 15 - Luton (A)

April 18 - West Brom (H)

April 23 - Peterborough (A)

April 26 - Fulham (A)

April 30 - Swansea (H)

May 3 - Bournemouth (A)

May 7 - Hull (A)

LUTON TOWN

Position: 5th

Top scorer: Elijah Adebayo (16)

They may have hit a bump in the road recently, but Luton are still enjoying a remarkable season, especially considering their lowly budget.

Nathan Jones has rubbed people up the wrong way with his passionate celebrations, but there is no denying that his superb coaching has breathed life into this charge.

Next up for them is Nottingham Forest, a six-pointer in the play-off tussle.

A victory will settle their nerves, with Fulham to come in their penultimate game. They have worked hard to get here, and will not want to collapse just before the line.

Remaining fixtures:

April 15 - Nottingham Forest (H)

April 18 - Cardiff (A)

April 23 - Blackpool (H)

May 2 - Fulham (A)

May 7 - Reading (H)

SHEFFIELD UNITED

Position: 6th

Top scorer: Billy Sharp (15)

Spearheaded by the evergreen Billy Sharp and enjoying a bounce under Paul Heckingbottom, there is no reason Sheffield United can't finish in the play-offs.

Slavisa Jokanovic's tenure was ill-fated from the start and the surprise promotion of their current manager from his role with the U23s was initially poorly received.

He deserves credit, however, for inspiring a turnaround which has helped United into the top six. Their formidable form at Bramall Lane has brought the fans back onside.

Last time out, they were irked by their draw with Bournemouth, but dominated the promotion favourites. Repeat performances will set them in good stead.

Remaining fixtures:

April 15 - Reading (H)

April 18 - Bristol City (A)

April 23 - Cardiff (H)

April 29 - QPR (A)

May 7 - Fulham (H)

BLACKBURN ROVERS

Position: 7th

Top scorer: Ben Brereton Diaz (20)

Despite their dip in form in recent months, Blackburn Rovers still remain firmly in the top six picture. However, earlier this season, they had been sat inside the play-offs.

Their recent run of just one win in five typifies the inconsistent nature that has threatened to derail their bid, but they do have a favourable end to the campaign.

As it stands, Tony Mowbray and Co are two points adrift of two points.

However, with the pressure now firmly on, they will need to claw together a string of victories in order to ensure they keep their shot at Wembley glory alive and kicking.

Remaining fixtures:

April 15 - Peterborough (A)

April 18 - Stoke (H)

April 25 - Preston (A)

April 30 - Bournemouth (H)

May 7 - Birmingham (A)

MIDDLESBROUGH

Position: 8th

Top scorer: Matt Crooks (9)

Take a bow, Chris Wilder. In the same vein as Steve Cooper, the former Sheffield United boss has helped inspire his Middlesbrough side up the table.

Before him, they were floundering under Neil Warnock.

None of their players have scored 10 goals or more in the Championship, but they do have a nice spread of marksmen and have also tightened up at the back.

If they can continue their strong form at Bramall Lane (which has albeit taken a hit with back-to-back losses), they may well be able to force their way into the top six.

Remaining fixtures:

April 15 - Bournemouth (A)

April 18 - Huddersfield (H)

April 23 - Swansea (A)

April 27 - Cardiff (H)

April 30 - Stoke (H)

May 7 - Preston (A)

MILLWALL

Position: 9th

Top scorer: Benik Afobe (11)

At the start of the season, even Millwall fans would likely have been surprised by a play-off charge come May. However, that scenario is now within their reach.

Not burdened by lofty expectations, Gary Rowett's side remain in the edge of the scrap for the top six. Currently, they sit in ninth, four points adrift.

Their hopes were very much kept alive after they thumped Barnsley 4-1 at a raucous Den, following their disappointing three-game winless streak.

With the likes of struggling Peterborough, Hull and Birmingham still to come, Rowett will surely be telling his squad that they are still capable of an unlikely top-flight bid. 

Remaining fixtures:

April 15 - Preston (A)

April 18 - Hull (H)

April 23 - Birmingham (A)

April 30 - Peterborough (H)

May 7 - Bournemouth (A)

COVENTRY

Position: 10th

Top scorer: Viktor Gyokeres (16)

Their victory at Fulham spoke volumes: Coventry aren't giving up without a fight.

Boss Mark Robins is doing a truly superb job at the Midlands outfit, after guiding them into the second tier and then ensuring they would remain there.

And instead of them glancing nervously over their shoulders, they have instead placed their sights upwards - with six points between them and the play-offs.

They face tricky tasks against Bournemouth and Huddersfield in their run-in but, even if they were to fall out of contention, this has been a super season for them.

Remaining fixtures:

April 15 - Birmingham (A)

April 18 - Bournemouth (H)

April 23 - West Brom (A)

April 30 - Huddersfield (H)

May 7 - Stoke (A)

WHO WILL GET INTO THE PLAY-OFFS?

It is very hard to look anywhere other than the teams already occupying the top six.

Huddersfield and Nottingham Forest have enjoyed superb form in consistent batches this season, which should see them take third and fourth respectively.

In fifth, Luton do look vulnerable after not winning in their last three, but they should score enough goals to fire them to enough points to get them into the play-offs.

Sheffield United are level on points with the Hatters and could feasibly move above them - and it is unlikely that the teams below them overtake them in that final place.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10719007/Championship-state-play-automatic-play-races-season.html

WhiteJC

Derby Matchday Preview

Derby County v Fulham | Friday 15th April 2022 | 8pm | Pride Park | #DERFUL

The opposition

Not many might have expected Derby to still be fighting for survival with five games to go, but it's credit to the job Wayne Rooney has done that they are still hanging on.
    It remains a tough ask for the Rams, who sit nine points behind 21st placed Reading, while Barnsley are also above them in the table with a point extra, and a game in hand.
    It's at home where Derby have enjoyed much of their success this season. Only three teams have left Pride Park with maximum points, a stat matched only by Bournemouth, West Bromwich Albion, and Preston North End.

Derby team news

Colin Kazim-Richards is out for the season with an ankle injury, while Max Bird is currently in the middle of a three game suspension.

Fulham team news

Marco Silva has a full squad to choose from, following Tom Cairney's return to fitness.

Tickets

This match is now off sale, and Derby will not be selling any tickets on the night.

Weather

A sunny day is forecast in the East Midlands, with temperatures still around the 15 degree mark come kick-off.

Permutations

Should Nottingham Forest lose in their lunchtime kick-off, a Fulham victory would seal our promotion back to the Premier League.

Coverage

As this match has been selected for live coverage on Sky Sports, we are unable to stream it on FFCtv. Commentary will be available to subscribers, though.

Player insight

Antonee Robinson knows our hosts will be fighting for their lives at Pride Park on Friday night.

"Derby are going to be coming at us," he told FFCtv. "The situation they've had this season is really unfortunate, I've been at a club where there's been money troubles and it is a shame for them.

"But they've still got every chance of staying up so they're going to be right at it."

Form

Derby: LLDWL

Fulham: DLWWL

Pre-match quotes

"We know Fulham are a very good team, they are top of the league, and we go into this one knowing that we need to win."

Wayne Rooney
Derby County Manager

"They have shown togetherness and team spirit. If they had the 21 points that were taken from them, they would be really comfortable in the table, they would be having a really good season."

Marco Silva
Fulham Head Coach

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/april/15/derby-matchday-preview/

WhiteJC

EFL pundit predicts score outcome of Derby County vs Fulham

Possessing a very slim chance of escaping the Championship relegation zone, Derby County face an extremely difficult task when they welcome league leaders Fulham to Pride Park this evening.

Despite their low position, worsened by a 21-point deduction near the start of the campaign, the Rams have proven to be tough opposition on home soil and have averaged 1.85 PPG at Pride Park this season.

Wayne Rooney's side are yet to taste defeat at home against a side in the top-six, something that will provide Derby fans with some motivation ahead of yet another massive Championship fixture.

Looking to secure promotion back to the Premier League this Easter weekend, Fulham will be eager to return to winning ways after a 3-1 defeat at home to Coventry City last time out.

Issuing his score prediction via his Sky Sports column, David Prutton believes that the Cottagers will run out as 3-1 winners this evening.

The verdict

Derby's excellent home form means that they are likely to put up a big fight against the league leaders this evening.

The Rams, who would be sitting comfortably in 17th if it was not for their points deduction will be eager to give it one final push to try and survive the Championship drop.

Fulham have proven to respond excellently after disappointing results, and with the options they possess within the squad, it is hard to argue against them.

Add to that the extra motivation of winning promotion over the Easter weekend, the Whites should be able to secure maximum points.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/efl-pundit-predicts-score-outcome-of-derby-county-vs-fulham/

filham

The suggestion that Kebano, Hector, Mawson and Seri could leave on a free this summer is surely not reasonable.
All four must , if under contract ,have a transfer value of a few million and at least could serve as good premier league bench warmers. It must be worth giving them a short contract.

WhiteJC

"He had a great season" – Director confirms club's plan to buy Fulham man in summer

André-Frank Zambo Anguissa's desire not to play in the Championship with Fulham saw him look for a move away from Craven Cottage last summer.

After renewing his contract in August 2021, the Cottagers allowed the 26-year-old to join Napoli on a loan deal with the right of redemption.

The midfielder has impressed for the Serie A side in his debut season in Italy. The Fulham owned player has made 24 appearances in all competitions and his displays convinced the Naples club to make his stay permanent.

On April 14th, Corriere dello Sport explained the 'operation is already planned' to buy the Cameroon international in the summer for €15m and Luciano Spalletti's side will pay the fee 'in their own time'.

Claims made by the newspaper on the Italian club's desire to buy Anguissa from Fulham are backed up by Napoli sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli.

"Anguissa? He had a great season, and our will is to redeem him, but the last decision is at the end of the season, but we want to redeem him," Giuntoli told Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli's program, Radio Goal.

"We have ideas, and we already make some considerations, then we play a game too important to go on individuals and think about the collective. At the end of the season, we'll talk to everyone and see what happens."

Giuntoli is only confirming what has been widely reported in the Italy about Napoli's plan to pay Fulham to buy Anguissa.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/he-had-a-great-season-director-confirms-clubs-plan-to-buy-fulham-man-in-summer/