more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Normal service has resumed

Started by somersetwhite, April 15, 2022, 10:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Quote from: Twig on April 15, 2022, 10:20:07 PM
We've been poor for a while now and even assuming we scramble a promotion slot this squad is woefully short of being Prem quality. And so are all the rest in the Champ this season imo.

Agree, 'we've been poor', but the subtle rotation of the midfield and other areas, doesn't help. The solid performances when we were hitting 6 / 7 goals was built on understandings on the pitch. I'm not sure you get that when you 'change' the team match after match.

Mr White

When we were flying Kebano was Starting and was a big influence,Why is he on the bench ??

rebel

Robinson gets forward quite a bit, I don't think Bryan did as much.

Arthur

Quote from: FacundoSavasfacemask on April 16, 2022, 06:57:31 AM
Quote from: Arthur on April 15, 2022, 10:49:47 PM
Quote from: FacundoSavasfacemask on April 15, 2022, 10:39:24 PM
Welcome back to all the Negative Ninnys and Neysayers, normal service certainly has resumed.

Looking beyond the reactions, are you going to tell the forum who the nucleus of players are around whom we can build a team to keep us in the P.L.? Because trying to rebuild with eight, nine or even ten new players for next season doesn't bode well in my opinion.

We need a better GK, a better LB, partner for Tosin, replacement for Reed and another forward. But at the same time, we should give some of what we have a chance in the Prem. They could well surprise everyone.

If Tete stays fit, we'll be okay at right-back. But his track record suggests we'll be fortunate if he does. Alongside a strong partner, Tosin will form an okay centre-back pairing. Assuming Carvalho moves on, our midfield may be able to accommodate either Seri or Cairney. But both? Wilson and Mitrovic? Another pair of 'maybes'. So, yes, with five additions, the others may stay fit, step up and surprise everyone. But based on the gulf between the quality of performance needed to survive in the P.L. and ours since the beginning of February, 'surprise' would seem a very apt description.