watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next season!!!!!!!

Started by South Coast White, April 15, 2022, 10:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

If, as expected, we do gain promotion to the prem.
Based on recent performances, can anyone in their right mind believe we will stay up?
We just don't have the quality to compete at the highest level week after week. There's no way we can employ enough quality to our team with the resources Marco will have to spend. Too many positions to fill in my opinion to compete.

FFC1987

Quote from: South Coast White on April 15, 2022, 10:55:17 PM
If, as expected, we do gain promotion to the prem.
Based on recent performances, can anyone in their right mind believe we will stay up?
We just don't have the quality to compete at the highest level week after week. There's no way we can employ enough quality to our team with the resources Marco will have to spend. Too many positions to fill in my opinion to compete.

We're a team with a GD of 58 who has battered teams on our day. Yes I think, regardless of poor performances, they can beat EPL teams. I'm also certain, some of those EPL teams will also give us a good hiding on these sort of off days!

Would you have answered this question differently after one our battering of teams this season.......

RaySmith

Let's focus on getting up first!

Though I'm sure the club is working behind the scenes on potential reinforcements.

fancyfeet4

There is not doubt the team has some holes, and Carvahlo leaving will sting as he matures as a player.

But the Championship is a long season and we are getting promoted with little to no stress.  In the end the players are human beings and not robots.  They may be dropping their guard a bit, but I actually think they have a better chance next year.

The lesssons from previous campaigns in the PL is to focus on cohesiveness and sprinkle in a player or two.  Dont overhaul. 

If we stay up next season it will probably be tight, and there are players I think are great Championship players that will again struggle up a division, but I dont think our chances are any worse than previous years.  In the end we just need to stay up that first year.  Its so much easier after that.  The continuity this team has should serve us well in the PL. 

Andy S

If muniz was up to much he would have broken in to the first team by now