watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Six Of The Best (managers)

Started by filham, April 20, 2022, 06:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Osborne, jezzard, Tigana, Jocanovic, Parker, Silva.

Marca Silva now goes on the club's records as one of six managers who have taken a Fulham team into the top flight of English Football. I am tempted to say that Beddy Jezzard was the best of the bunch as he not only took his team to promotion but then kept us in the top flight for some 8/9 seasons on a shoe string budget. He was also our record scoring striker and a really loyal club man.
However a manager has to have the best players available and Beddy had the great Haynes playing for him all of the time.
Be just great if we could now be at the beginning of a long spell with Silva and for Mitro to stick with him.

ALG01

how can you miss out adams who did it on a shoestring?
or macdonald who's team got promotion with the squad campbel was getting relegated and then played the most scintilating football ever?

I think it should be eight not six

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: ALG01 on April 20, 2022, 06:54:14 PM
or macdonald who's team got promotion with the squad campbel was getting relegated and then played the most scintilating football ever?

Or Stock who got us to the cup final

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: ALG01 on April 20, 2022, 06:54:14 PM

Or Hodgson who got us to our highest top division finish and a European final?

Nero

Quote from: filham on April 20, 2022, 06:49:17 PM
Osborne, jezzard, Tigana, Jocanovic, Parker, Silva.

Marca Silva now goes on the club's records as one of six managers who have taken a Fulham team into the top flight of English Football. I am tempted to say that Beddy Jezzard was the best of the bunch as he not only took his team to promotion but then kept us in the top flight for some 8/9 seasons on a shoe string budget. He was also our record scoring striker and a really loyal club man.
However a manager has to have the best players available and Beddy had the great Haynes playing for him all of the time.
Be just great if we could now be at the beginning of a long spell with Silva and for Mitro to stick with him.

Good job we're not leeds that's a lot of statutes we would need

sunburywhite

Has to be Roy for me by a country mile
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Cambridge Away

Never saw the first two, but Hodgson and Adams easily above the rest. Even JoKanovic

rebel

Quote from: sunburywhite on April 20, 2022, 08:06:39 PM
Has to be Roy for me by a country mile

Agree 100%. The quite man, maybe not the 'flamboyance' or 'charisma' of others, but definitely the best.

Andy S

Twig

Roy has to be up there as number one, I just don't see any previous manager who equalled his achievements. 

In addition I agree that Micky Adams deserves a spot.

Finally an honourable mention to Kevin Keegan.

bill taylors apprentice

filham

Sorry, you are all missing the point, my six are those who have achieved the big target of getting us promoted to the top flight, that is the old 1st division or the premier league.
MacDonald came very close but just missed out. Agree all of the others were great managers but never took us into the top division.