watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

VAR Reviews and the Johnny Haynes Stand

Started by Craven_Chris, April 20, 2022, 12:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven_Chris

A practical issue now we are promoted back to the Premier League...

In the back half of the Johnny Haynes stand (where I sit), you can't see any of the big screens in the ground. That's fine at the moment, I have never seen these screens, I assume they just show the score and maybe goal replays, but I dont feel aggrieved at not being able to see them....

However, it occurs to me that next season we will have VAR which, I believe, gets announced on the big screens...and there will be a couple of thousand in the JH stand who can't see those screens. So for those of us sitting back there its really hard to celebrate a goal, because we wont know if the goal has been given, or if there is a review, or what the outcome of that review is.

I suppose the can announce it over the PA but that doesnt seem ideal. What we really need is a few monitors bolted on to the inside of the JH stand roof... I wonder if there are any FST types here who can raise this with the club?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Craven_Chris on April 20, 2022, 12:06:46 PM
A practical issue now we are promoted back to the Premier League...

In the back half of the Johnny Haynes stand (where I sit), you can't see any of the big screens in the ground. That's fine at the moment, I have never seen these screens, I assume they just show the score and maybe goal replays, but I dont feel aggrieved at not being able to see them....

However, it occurs to me that next season we will have VAR which, I believe, gets announced on the big screens...and there will be a couple of thousand in the JH stand who can't see those screens. So for those of us sitting back there its really hard to celebrate a goal, because we wont know if the goal has been given, or if there is a review, or what the outcome of that review is.

I suppose the can announce it over the PA but that doesnt seem ideal. What we really need is a few monitors bolted on to the inside of the JH stand roof... I wonder if there are any FST types here who can raise this with the club?
The FST subscription is £10 p a, half that for over 65s and juniors. Maybe consider joining? https://www.fulhamsupporterstrust.com/join-us/
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Craven_Chris

A very fair point, you know what, I will do it now!

filham

Oh , well one of the Premier League negatives is that we have to suffer VAR delays. wish you had not reminded us of that for a while.

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fcfulham55

Maybe they could introduce a few small screens for those missing out in the JH stand.
Sent from my Nokia 3310