watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Neco Williams from Twitter

Started by f321ffc, April 25, 2022, 03:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Neco Williams says here in an interview with Wales Online that he'll be "going back to Liverpool in the summer feeling like a more mature player". Also adds that he doesn't know where he will be playing next season.
Williams:"I don't know yet where I will be playing next season. I'm focusing on getting this year done, get the Wales games over in June + we'll see what happens then. If that's either staying at Liverpool, or if it's going out on loan again, I'm not entirely sure at this stage."
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: f321ffc on April 25, 2022, 03:55:20 PM
Neco Williams says here in an interview with Wales Online that he'll be "going back to Liverpool in the summer feeling like a more mature player". Also adds that he doesn't know where he will be playing next season.
Williams:"I don't know yet where I will be playing next season. I'm focusing on getting this year done, get the Wales games over in June + we'll see what happens then. If that's either staying at Liverpool, or if it's going out on loan again, I'm not entirely sure at this stage."

The stumbling block is the lack of a peg in our changing room for him

perry geyton

Liverpool aren't doing us any favors

WestSussexWhite

It's been taken out of proportion. In the full article he says that he doesn't yet know where he will be playing next season but he wants to play every week

JimOG

Quote from: f321ffc on April 25, 2022, 03:55:20 PM

There's a longer version on This Is Anfield...in which he emphasises he wants to play regularly...can't see that at Liverpool

filham

The spell at Fulham has probably added to his confidence and Liverpool will now want to take a closer look at him before allowing him to move on.

PaulJ123

He's never replacing Trent so be interesting how he wants his career to go.

Would be backup to Trent for basically his entire career so relying on an injury to get a run or does he move on and get first team football?

Both obviously have benefits so interesting to see what he does.

bill taylors apprentice

In today's world he will go where the money is and even if he was very keen to sign for FFC why would he broadcast the fact, there's a possible World Cup showcase to shine in.

There are going to be negotiations and he will not be showing his preference at this stage.

Lordedmundo

Provided Silva wants him - I'm sure will Neco will be back next season, whether on loan again - or as a permanent signing.

ffc73

If he can stay fit Tete, imo, is a better defender & we will be doing a lot more defending next season.
I think our money is better spent on other positions that need upgrades.

love4ffc

Not to highjack the thread but, I was listening to Kasey Keller commentating on Zack Steffen's awful performance in the recent FA Cup semi-final. 

He basically said a player who is either the benchwarmer/backup player or who is currently the fringe player who is loaned out, must make hard decisions in todays footballing world.   A player in those situations must either go where the money is and be content with playing when needed and inconsistently or choose to go where they will get regular first team playing time for probably a lot less money. 

At the end of the day, it is for each player to decide what is more important to them.  How much money they have in the bank at the end of their career or to take up new challenges possibly in different leagues to be a part of a first team with regular playing time. 

Also, let's not forget that FIFA is clamping down on the number of players that a team can own and then loan out.  Surely that will be weighing on Liverpool's decisions about Neco's future with them.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

bobby01

Quote from: PaulJ123 on April 25, 2022, 04:31:19 PM
He's never replacing Trent so be interesting how he wants his career to go.

Would be backup to Trent for basically his entire career so relying on an injury to get a run or does he move on and get first team football?

Both obviously have benefits so interesting to see what he does.

I agree really but Trent was really poor yesterday.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

filham

I guess bench warming at Liverpool with a handful of league appearances, full FA CP matches, League Cup matches , a cup medal at the end of the season and a big fat weekly pay cheque can be quite attractive.

bobby01

My take on the full article is he is going back to Liverpool,as contracted and does not know if he is going out on loan again. Total non story really, especially if we have not entered into any negotiations yet.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

davew

Quote from: FFC73 on April 25, 2022, 04:59:15 PM
If he can stay fit Tete, imo, is a better defender & we will be doing a lot more defending next season.
I think our money is better spent on other positions that need upgrades.
Have to agree with your comment and our defence as good as it is in the Championship, will probably be no better than Watford or Norwich had this season, maybe worse. Looking back at the 2020/21 PL table our goal difference was surprisingly only -26, whereas their goal differences are already -36 and -41, so Parker at least got the defensive strategy better. Can't wait for the transfer window!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Bronaldinho

Something has happened in the Fab deal for sure. All the media gone silent on it, and Silva talking about possibilities of him staying. I'd guess it's all linked.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

filham

Quote from: Bronaldinho on April 26, 2022, 09:53:19 AM
Something has happened in the Fab deal for sure. All the media gone silent on it, and Silva talking about possibilities of him staying. I'd guess it's all linked.
That is the best post I have read for a while, number one priority after promotion is to retain Carvalho.