more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside stand

Started by StuinSalop, April 23, 2022, 09:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Putney_

Quote from: Hugh Gentry on April 23, 2022, 09:42:32 AM
No chance, £1,000 for a terrible, low down view.....why?

I don't know why we pay anything for football. The dread before the game, the majority of the game is filled with moans and groans. We just want to get to the final whistle for a result. We just want it to be done with.  Why pay for something we want to be over?

Andy S

To watch the skill by which it is achieved

HV71

Precisely Bobbo I managed to get seats in the penultimate back row Edge of the penalty area Putney end. I just want the best seat Icanget to watch the game ( won't ever be looking down on anybody- pretty difficult thing to do when you are a miners son from Mansfield- and proud of it )
COYW!

RaySmith

Quote from: _Putney_ on April 24, 2022, 02:06:27 PM
Quote from: Hugh Gentry on April 23, 2022, 09:42:32 AM
No chance, £1,000 for a terrible, low down view.....why?

I don't know why we pay anything for football. The dread before the game, the majority of the game is filled with moans and groans. We just want to get to the final whistle for a result. We just want it to be done with.  Why pay for something we want to be over?

For the fan it's about compulsion, addiction, escape from everyday life, atmosphere, the feeling when your team wins, the anticipation of the next game- look at how we missed it during lockdown.

Non fans enjoy seeing the skill on offer, the competitiveness, the atmosphere.

What would we do without it, and sport generally?

RaySmith

I would always choose down the front on the halfway line, for the best view, and the feeling of being involved in the action- it's where I used to go, standing on the Riverside terracing, when I first began  going to Fulham in the early 60's, and I'd pay to go there in the new stand if I could afford it.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 23, 2022, 12:55:03 PM
If i do purchase a seat in the new stand, if i wish to use the swimming pool whilst i am in attendance, will i be allowed to bring my Lilo ?

No running, petting or  bombing

cookieg

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 24, 2022, 07:05:57 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 23, 2022, 12:55:03 PM
If i do purchase a seat in the new stand, if i wish to use the swimming pool whilst i am in attendance, will i be allowed to bring my Lilo ?

No running, petting or  bombing

We might see plenty of diving though.

bobbo

0001.jpeg
Quote from: HV71 on April 24, 2022, 02:56:48 PM
Precisely Bobbo I managed to get seats in the penultimate back row Edge of the penalty area Putney end. I just want the best seat Icanget to watch the game ( won't ever be looking down on anybody- pretty difficult thing to do when you are a miners son from Mansfield- and proud of it )
COYW!
Nor me HV. I'm out of a very similar mould.  0001.jpeg
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Lambo

Only a handful of seats available

HV71

Thank god I bought my seats in the Riverside. - Tonight I was literally surrounded by Forest fans in the Putney end. As a group they were fine - just celebrating their teams performance - which is fair enough . However as a season ticket holder I simply don't want to sit in the ' away end " and before anyone pipes up " it will be worse next season ' I think that most of the seats that have sold in the Riverside have gone to decent FFC supporters who are not touts

To quote Bog ' thank you and good night "
I am so pissed off !! Not just with the result - Swansea imploding against Boscombe and having to put up with being in the away end !!!!!! Grrrrr

SP

Quote from: HV71 on April 26, 2022, 11:36:25 PM
Thank god I bought my seats in the Riverside. - Tonight I was literally surrounded by Forest fans in the Putney end. As a group they were fine - just celebrating their teams performance - which is fair enough . However as a season ticket holder I simply don't want to sit in the ' away end " and before anyone pipes up " it will be worse next season ' I think that most of the seats that have sold in the Riverside have gone to decent FFC supporters who are not touts

I feel your pain, only at Fulham could away fans stand up & openly celebrate a goal & no action is taken despite the row of stewards being feet away.

HV71

Quote from: SP on April 26, 2022, 11:41:20 PM

I feel your pain, only at Fulham could away fans stand up & openly celebrate a goal & no action is taken despite the row of stewards being feet away.

They were genuinely okay ( it's even more whacky when I come originally from Mansfield) we had a very pleasant chat but how do they get the tickets ?!!!! I really don't want to be there . A couple of games this season I have chosen to watch on Tv as this is not a one off !

SP

With reports of scuffles in the park & on Putney Bridge after the game, I'm not sure it would've been pleasant in the Putney End concourse had we equalised.

Riversider

Quote from: SP on April 26, 2022, 11:51:59 PM
With reports of scuffles in the park & on Putney Bridge after the game, I'm not sure it would've been pleasant in the Putney End concourse had we equalised.
You wait until we play Luton 🥺

Riversider

I am so pissed off !! Not just with the result - Swansea imploding against Boscombe and having to put up with being in the away end !!!!!! Grrrrr
Very naive I'm afraid if you think the Riverside Stand will be all Fulham next season.

HV71

Quote from: Riversider on April 27, 2022, 12:26:14 AM

Very naive I'm afraid if you think the Riverside Stand will be all Fulham next season.

I don't think it will but it will not be as bad as last night  - hence why I'm delighted to have made the move back to the Riverside