NFR - Your favourite ever player

Started by colossus, December 28, 2010, 11:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrumpy

Quote from: MJG on January 02, 2011, 09:28:53 AM
There can be only one...........IVOR
Heh, MJG. We agree on something!!

Ivor, Ivor, Ivor, Ivor, Ivor!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

finnster01

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 03, 2011, 01:38:50 AM
Quote from: MJG on January 02, 2011, 09:28:53 AM
There can be only one...........IVOR
Heh, MJG. We agree on something!!

Ivor, Ivor, Ivor, Ivor, Ivor!
I have to sign on to the Ivor camp.

Non-Fulham, I think Terry Butcher exemplifies everything there is in the "English Bulldog"

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

finnster01

Hard to ask more for your country than this in a football match
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

nevzter

Quote from: finnster01 on January 03, 2011, 01:47:03 AM

F*&@%#! A!!!!  That photo is great.

Haynes or McBride for me.  And, to be honest, Aaron Hughes is up there for me - classy and a servant to the club always.

NFR - Zidane (fekker had insane skill) or Messi (sublime).

COYW
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Mr Fulham

Has to be David Elm. Pacy, skillful and lively. One of the true footballing greats of our time.

:dead horse:

SG

My favourite, although certainly not the best, Fulham player I have seen in my younger days had to be Bobby Keetch - sadly no longer with us. Killer Keetch's 20 yard sliding tackles in the mud which deposited the centre forward into the railings will live with me for ever.

Best player from these shores had to be George Best - the lad had everything.

Best overseas player - Pele. I will always remember the 1970 World Cup final. What a team Brazil were that day

SG

Quote from: CorkedHat on January 02, 2011, 11:00:07 AM
I am not going to nominate my best ever player because I do not wish to be misconstrued as immature.
My idol wore the white shirt during the fifties and sixties at a time when poverty and uncertainty reigned but there he was each week, loyal to the club he loved like a beacon in the darkest days.
To a kid from the back streets of Battersea whose father never recovered from the ravages of war this player gave me hope and inspiration. He was the guiding light that I never had.
Only Tom Finney had the same passing and ball control skills that my idol possessed and I am not ashamed to say that I idolised every fibre in this man’s body.
Those of you who know me will know who I am speaking of but God forbid that I should choose a Fulham player and be labelled immature. :019:

Tosh Chamberlain ?

Incidentally I am not ashamed to admit that I cried when I heard the news of your (and mine) hero's untimely death

Nick the Swede

Leggy and Ruuuuuuuuuuuuufuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

AmericanJames

For me it has to be either Dempsey or Mcbride, they were the reason I started following Fulham after watching them play for the US national team.
Non Fulham/ Non US it would be Beckham, I knew he was class before I understood the offside rule or really anything else about the game
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: finnster01 on January 03, 2011, 01:47:03 AM

Ah the good old days when i cared and the players cared about the National team. If non Fulham then Stuart Pearce has to be right up there .

CorkedHat

Quote from: SG on January 03, 2011, 08:59:43 AM
Quote from: CorkedHat on January 02, 2011, 11:00:07 AM
I am not going to nominate my best ever player because I do not wish to be misconstrued as immature.
My idol wore the white shirt during the fifties and sixties at a time when poverty and uncertainty reigned but there he was each week, loyal to the club he loved like a beacon in the darkest days.
To a kid from the back streets of Battersea whose father never recovered from the ravages of war this player gave me hope and inspiration. He was the guiding light that I never had.
Only Tom Finney had the same passing and ball control skills that my idol possessed and I am not ashamed to say that I idolised every fibre in this man's body.
Those of you who know me will know who I am speaking of but God forbid that I should choose a Fulham player and be labelled immature. :019:

Tosh Chamberlain ?

Incidentally I am not ashamed to admit that I cried when I heard the news of your (and mine) hero's untimely death

Well it was Tosh who introduced our hero to Fulham and for that fact alone we should be eternally grateful.
Re- your earlier post about Bobby Keetch, I couldn't agree more. When you went to away games you could always rely on Bobby to get the opposing crowd snarling and gnashing their teeth.
Freddie Callaghan had a similar effect on opposition fans. Tosh, Johnny, Bobby, Freddie - I loved ém all  :019:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

TonyGilroy

No mention yet for Jim Langley who was my first favourite mainly because he obviously got such great enjoyment from playing.

watfordwhite

And I do not mean Duff.  :Sparkyticus:

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel