Results

Play Offs
Forest
1-2
Sheff Utd
Forest win 3-2 on penalties

WhiteJC

Coventry City's Viktor Gyokeres aware of 'a lot of interest' amid Fulham links

Coventry City striker Viktor Gyokeres has confirmed that he is aware of "a lot of interest" in his services ahead of the summer transfer window.

Fulham are among the sides to have been credited with interest in the Coventry City star after his impressive 2021/22 campaign.

Gyokeres starred for the Sky Blues, netting 18 goals and providing five assists in 47 outings across all competitions, playing a key role in their 12th place finish.

Coventry City are braced for interest in their star men and they have made it clear they won't be a soft touch in the market, but Gyokeres has now admitted he is aware of the attention he is drawing.

Speaking with Swedish news outlet SPORTbladet, the striker confirmed the interest in his services but insisted it is not something he's focusing on, stating he is more than happy with the Sky Blues.

Here's what he had to say:

"I know that there is a lot of interest and it is fun and proof that I did well.

"But that's not something I'm focusing on.

"I feel very good here in Coventry and come from a good season.

"But of course, you want to play as high up as possible in the best leagues."

Reassuring words?

The interest in Gyokeres' services shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone associated with Coventry City.

His starring displays were sure to attract attention this summer, but the fact that he is happy at the Coventry Building Society Arena will have supporters hoping that he turns his nose up at a move away and remains with the club.

However, if the Sky Blues are given an offer they can't refuse, Gyokeres could end up heading for pastures new this summer.

If Fulham's reported interest is firmed up with something concrete, they would be able to offer the 23-year-old a shot at Premier League football – something that eluded him during his time with Brighton and Hove Albion.

https://the72.co.uk/273321/coventry-citys-viktor-gyokeres-aware-of-a-lot-of-interest-amid-fulham-links/

WhiteJC

Fulham Achieves Family Excellence Gold Award

Fulham Football Club has been awarded with a Family Excellence Gold Award for the 2021/22 season, joining a group of 12 Clubs to be recognised for their exemplary work in engaging families on matchdays.

Overall, a record number of 65 EFL Clubs have achieved Family Excellence status this season, up from 63 Clubs in 2019/20, with the scheme recognising continuous improvement and best practice in family engagement across the leagues and Clubs' efforts to attract and retain young fans of the future.

Given the particularly challenging set of circumstances that society faced during the COVID-19 Pandemic, EFL Clubs' work to ensure supporters have been welcomed back safely, whilst boosting the matchday experience has been recognised across the scheme this season.

EFL Clubs received two 'mystery family' visits throughout the season, with their feedback and reports determining whether each respective club would achieve 'Family Excellence' status. Now in its 14th year, the Family Excellence Scheme is an ongoing consultation programme, which aims to drive continuous improvement and best practice in family engagement across the leagues.

Fulham's two 'mystery family' visits this season were at our fixtures against West Bromwich Albion and Coventry City.

EFL Chief Executive, Trevor Birch, said: "I would like to congratulate the record number of Clubs that have achieved Family Excellence status this season. Ensuring a memorable matchday experience is vital to attract the next generation of young fans so it's great to see so many clubs excelling in this area.

"Fans returning to EFL clubs in their millions this season has been fantastic to see and club staff should be commended for going the extra mile to make the matchdays engaging for families attending live games."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/may/17/Fulham-Achieves-Family-Excellence-Gold-Award/

WhiteJC

3 players Fulham should be worried about losing this summer

Fulham are gearing up for another Premier League campaign, with Marco Silva having given fans some newfound optimism ahead of their return to the top flight.

Fulham have looked weak in previous Premier League campaigns. This time round though, they look a much more rounded unit, and Silva looks like he might yet establish the Londoners in the Premier League.

Plenty of work is needed to be done this summer though. Fulham may also be weary of losing some of their key players – here we look at three players the club should be worried about losing this summer...

Marek Rodak
The 25-year-old played an under-rated role in his side's promotion this season, as he did in the 2019/20 campaign too.

He was overlooked in the Premier League during the 2020/21 campaign and Rodak says he won't settle for sitting on the bench again next season.

If Silva wants to bring in a new no.1 then he might have to let Rodak leave – the Slovakian is a promising goalkeeper and deserves to be playing regular football.

Aleksandar Mitrovic
The Serb blew away the Championship last season. He scored an incredible 43 goals in 44 league outings under Silva, and his form has seen him linked to a number of clubs over the past nine months or so.

Juventus were being mentioned previously, with more recent links to both Arsenal and Newcastle United cropping up.

Mitrovic is certainly a focal pint in this Fulham side and keeping him at the club could yet prove to be Silva's biggest task this summer.

Tosin Adarabioyo
Adarabioyo has just capped another impressive season with the Whites. He impressed in the Premier League last time round and again in the Championship, featuring 41 times in the league across the 2021/22 season.

His form has seen him mentioned alongside a number of Premier League clubs, with West Ham having been tipped to make a move for the Englishman this summer.

Fulham are hoping to secure fresh terms with the defender, though it remains to be seen if they can secure a new deal.

https://the72.co.uk/273346/3-players-fulham-should-be-worried-about-losing-this-summer/

WhiteJC

Fulham appear to have good chance of securing signing – Path open for summer deal

At the start of the week, reports from the English media claimed that Fulham are interested in signing Sporting winger Gonzalo Plata this summer.

The Portuguese press have been quick catching up with this story, and newspaper A Bola today features a piece explaining the situation the player is in.

The outlet points out that Plata has just had a positive loan spell at Spanish side Real Valladolid. And despite their buying option to keep him for €10m, that won't be triggered.

That's when the most interesting information comes. A Bola says Sporting manager Ruben Amorim doesn't have the player in his plans either, so that will definitely favour another move away from Lisbon this summer.

Plata is protected by a contract running until 2024 which includes a €60m release clause. That, at this stage, sounds irrelevant, as he'd obviously only move for much less than that.

A Bola points out the winger has been praised for his season in Spain and mentions what an 'ambitious challenge' it would be for him to move to the Premier League.

Now it seems a matter of Fulham making a convincing bid.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-appear-good-chance-securing-signing-path-open-summer-deal/

WhiteJC

Sources: Sporting Kansas join Fulham and Norwich in race to sign Derby County star Tom Lawrence

Sporting Kansas City have joined Fulham in the chase to sign Derby County attacker Tom Lawrence on a free transfer, Football Insider understands.

Lawrence, 28, is out of contract next month and is expected to leave the club as a free agent following their relegation from the Championship.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that MLS side Sporting Kansas City are ready to try and lure the forward to America.

Burnley and Norwich have also been linked with moves for the Wales international.

Lawrence notched 11 goals and five assists across 38 Championship games but could not prevent Derby's relegation to the third tier.

The forward captained Wayne Rooney's side as they battled valiantly against a 21-point deduction due to financial rule breaches.

Lawrence started his career at Man United.

He eventually made his first Premier League appearance in 2014 after signing professional terms two years earlier.

He joined Leicester in September 2014 but made just four appearances for the Midlands side.

The Wrexham-born ace became an established Championship player out on loan at Cardiff, Blackburn, Rotherham, and Ipswich.

He joined Derby for a reported initial fee of £5million in 2017.

He went on to make 185 appearances for the Rams – scoring 37 goals and assisting 25.

Lawrence has bagged three goals in 23 international caps since his Wales debut in October 2015.

Fulham are looking to bolster their squad after being guided back to the Premier League as champions by Marco Silva.

Sporting Kansas City have won just two games this term, and sit second-bottom of MLS' Western Conference.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-sporting-kansas-join-fulham-and-norwich-in-race-to-sign-derby-county-star-tom-lawrence/

WhiteJC

Norwich and Fulham face transfer tussle for 28-year-old as new club enter race

Derby County captain Tom Lawrence has been linked with a surprising move to the United States and Major League Soccer (MLS).

According to Football Insider, Sporting Kansas City have joined the race to secure the 28-year-old's signature this summer.

Lawrence's contract expires at Derby County next month, and following their relegation to League One it is widely expected that he will leave the club this summer as a free-agent.

The left-winger scored 11 goals and registered five assists in 38 Championship appearances this campaign.

In recent days, we have seen the likes of Fulham and Bournemouth linked with the Welshman, with Norwich and Burnley also said to be interested, as per Football Insider.

If he were to head to the United States, Lawrence would be required to hit the ground running given that MLS is already underway for 2022.

At present, Sporting Kansas sit 13th and second from bottom in the Western Conference having won just two of their 12 matches so far.

There would be a familiar face in Kansas, too, with Lawrence's former Derby County teammate Johnny Russell also playing for the MLS side.

The two were brief teammates with the Rams after Lawrence joined the club in 2017 and Russell did not leave until the following January.

The Verdict

This has certainly thrown a curveball into the mix regarding Tom Lawrence's future.

The 28-year-old seemed destined for a move to a club in the top two English tiers, but there are some interesting options out there elsewhere now, too.

We have seen Belgian side Anderlecht credited with an interest recently, and now a move to the United States could be on the cards.

It would be a totally new path for Lawrence should he take either move, but at 28-years-old and after five years at Derby, something different may be what the Welshman is after.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/norwich-and-fulham-face-transfer-tussle-for-28-year-old-as-new-club-enter-race/

WhiteJC

'Ultra-critical' Parker explains how he lifted himself following Fulham relegation

SCOTT Parker admits his previous experience as a Premier League boss leaves him "under no illusions" the scale of the task facing Cherries next season, insisting: "There's a lot of challenges that lie ahead."

Cherries are set to return to the top flight after two years away, after Parker guided them to a second-placed finish in the Championship.

It will be the 41-year-old's third stint at that level. As caretaker boss at Fulham, he could not prevent the club from suffering relegation in 2019. Having been handed the job full time, Parker immediately guided the Cottagers back up to the Premier League, but again saw them slip through the trap door at the end of the 2020-21 campaign.

A move to Cherries then followed, where he achieved another promotion, at the first time of asking, with the club having lost in the play-offs under Jonathan Woodgate a few weeks earlier.

Having often talked up his players and staff throughout the season, Parker was asked if he will now give himself any credit for his achievements at Cherries.

He said: "I do, deep down. This is my third full season now as a manager.

"My first season I took a club (Fulham) that was literally dismantled and absolutely blitzed to pieces and got them promoted.

"I then faced the next challenge which was the biggest league in the world, with not a lot of finance, didn't spend a lot of money and then you're trying to compete with the world's best.

"So I realise the flaws of that. Ultimately we failed. I felt we did an amazing job and we had our moments, but we failed.

"And then straightaway stepped into this job where I needed to get promoted again and I've done that. So you know what, in the cold light of day when this all settles down, probably when I have a little bit of time to myself, I probably can realise that I've done an amazing job.

"Two clubs, two different teams, managing two different personnel, two different groups of players and I've managed to get it over the line.

"Not just me, my staff as well. The supporting mechanism."

Discussing the comparisons between his emotions upon clinching promotions with Fulham and Cherries, Parker added: "I suppose you just become a little less sensitive to it.

"The first season was amazing, because it was a massive job and I realised where we were and instantly the pressures of that was 'this team should go up'.

"But I realised how dismantled the team were and how far off it was and we managed to do that.

"This time, I honestly can say I feel immensely proud and you'd expect me to say that, but I'm not lying in any way. This group are an incredible group.

"They have flaws, definitely, but I don't think I'll manage a better group in terms of eyes, ears, determination and it makes my job so much easier.

"They hold onto every single word, they want to improve, they want to get better and while you have that as a manager, you've always got a chance. So it's definitely a proud moment."

While Parker has impressed as a boss in the Championship, winning 48 of his 92 games in charge and losing just 19, in the Premier League he has only overseen eight victories.

That comes from 48 matches, all in charge of Fulham, collecting just 37 points.

Quizzed on what he has learned from his time in the top flight to make sure Cherries do not suffer relegation next season, Parker said: "Well it could happen.

"You only have to look at the league this year – Norwich and other teams, it's a tough, tough ask.

"The gap between the Championship and the Premier League is huge. Whether that's finances, whether that's the quality you're going into.

"I'm under no illusions that next year is going to be a massive, massive challenge for us and we're going to need to invest right, we're going to need to recruit right.

"The next challenge for the players is can they step up the next level against the world's best?

"Of course I've learned from my experiences of last being in the Premier League. But there's a lot of challenges that lie ahead."

Asked how he has picked himself up from relegation with Fulham to instantly guide Cherries to a promotion, Parker explained: "You honestly have to, and that's every week. Every single week in this job, on a Saturday I either win, lose or draw.

"And the team do as well. Ultimately you let that affect you. I'm a realist.

"I prepare myself for how it may look. So while I beat myself up at times, while I'm ultra-critical at times and my family and everyone else would probably be the first to say that, I also understand what I need to be, what I need to produce.

"What I need to show the team constantly is a constant belief and that this is a water off a duck's back now and this is the bump we've had, we've just had a jab on the nose, we've lost two on the bounce, we've been relegated, what do I need to do?

"If you'd have said to me a long time ago when I was a young boy being brought up in inner London, I'm going to have the opportunity to have these opportunities, I'd have absolutely bitten your hand off.

"I forever have that in my head, without going deep, that's exactly what it is."

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/20145830.ultra-critical-parker-explains-lifted-following-fulham-relegation/

bencher

Quote from: whitejc on May 18, 2022, 12:24:28 AM
'Ultra-critical' Parker explains how he lifted himself following Fulham relegation

SCOTT Parker admits his previous experience as a Premier League boss leaves him "under no illusions" the scale of the task facing Cherries next season, insisting: "There's a lot of challenges that lie ahead."

Cherries are set to return to the top flight after two years away, after Parker guided them to a second-placed finish in the Championship.

It will be the 41-year-old's third stint at that level. As caretaker boss at Fulham, he could not prevent the club from suffering relegation in 2019. Having been handed the job full time, Parker immediately guided the Cottagers back up to the Premier League, but again saw them slip through the trap door at the end of the 2020-21 campaign.

A move to Cherries then followed, where he achieved another promotion, at the first time of asking, with the club having lost in the play-offs under Jonathan Woodgate a few weeks earlier.

Having often talked up his players and staff throughout the season, Parker was asked if he will now give himself any credit for his achievements at Cherries.

"My first season I took a club (Fulham) that was literally dismantled and absolutely blitzed to pieces and got them promoted.

"I then faced the next challenge which was the biggest league in the world, with not a lot of finance, didn't spend a lot of money and then you're trying to compete with the world's best.

"So I realise the flaws of that. Ultimately we failed. I felt we did an amazing job and we had our moments, but we failed.

"And then straightaway stepped into this job where I needed to get promoted again and I've done that. So you know what, in the cold light of day when this all settles down, probably when I have a little bit of time to myself, I probably can realise that I've done an amazing job.

"Two clubs, two different teams, managing two different personnel, two different groups of players and I've managed to get it over the line.

Discussing the comparisons between his emotions upon clinching promotions with Fulham and Cherries, Parker added: "I suppose you just become a little less sensitive to it.

"The first season was amazing, because it was a massive job and I realised where we were and instantly the pressures of that was 'this team should go up'.

"But I realised how dismantled the team were and how far off it was and we managed to do that.

"This time, I honestly can say I feel immensely proud and you'd expect me to say that, but I'm not lying in any way. This group are an incredible group.

"They have flaws, definitely, but I don't think I'll manage a better group in terms of eyes, ears, determination and it makes my job so much easier.

"They hold onto every single word, they want to improve, they want to get better and while you have that as a manager, you've always got a chance. So it's definitely a proud moment."

While Parker has impressed as a boss in the Championship, winning 48 of his 92 games in charge and losing just 19, in the Premier League he has only overseen eight victories.

Quizzed on what he has learned from his time in the top flight to make sure Cherries do not suffer relegation next season, Parker said: "Well it could happen.

"You only have to look at the league this year – Norwich and other teams, it's a tough, tough ask.

"The gap between the Championship and the Premier League is huge. Whether that's finances, whether that's the quality you're going into.

"I'm under no illusions that next year is going to be a massive, massive challenge for us and we're going to need to invest right, we're going to need to recruit right.

"The next challenge for the players is can they step up the next level against the world's best?

"Of course I've learned from my experiences of last being in the Premier League. But there's a lot of challenges that lie ahead."

Asked how he has picked himself up from relegation with Fulham to instantly guide Cherries to a promotion, Parker explained: "You honestly have to, and that's every week. Every single week in this job, on a Saturday I either win, lose or draw.

"I prepare myself for how it may look. So while I beat myself up at times, while I'm ultra-critical at times and my family and everyone else would probably be the first to say that, I also understand what I need to be, what I need to produce.

"What I need to show the team constantly is a constant belief and that this is a water off a duck's back now and this is the bump we've had, we've just had a jab on the nose, we've lost two on the bounce, we've been relegated, what do I need to do?

"If you'd have said to me a long time ago when I was a young boy being brought up in inner London, I'm going to have the opportunity to have these opportunities, I'd have absolutely bitten your hand off.

"I forever have that in my head, without going deep, that's exactly what it is."

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/20145830.ultra-critical-parker-explains-lifted-following-fulham-relegation/

What utter drivel. The man's a total narcissist compounded with a false humility and barely a coherent sentence.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: bencher on May 18, 2022, 08:12:43 AM

What utter drivel. The man's a total narcissist compounded with a false humility and barely a coherent sentence.

Exactly. He probably wrote the question for the journalist.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 18, 2022, 08:23:50 AM
Quote from: bencher on May 18, 2022, 08:12:43 AM

Exactly. He probably wrote the question for the journalist.
He probably interviewed himself!

Texas White

Wasted 2 mins of my life reading that. Clearly he has some sort of mental issue. OmG I don't miss the crazy sentences..