News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How do we rate our chances against Shakhtar Donetsk?

Started by Whiteroom, February 13, 2010, 05:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiteroom

Over the past few weeks I have been, as a Fulham fan, continually assured that we don't stand a chance. I, on the other hand, don't agree. I think that, at home, we have definitely got what is necessary to win. What do you, the Fulham sages, think?

os5889

I've got a worry that we'll lose 2-0 to those shagged her doners men from Ukraine

cebu

Quote from: Whiteroom on February 13, 2010, 05:14:08 PM
Over the past few weeks I have been, as a Fulham fan, continually assured that we don't stand a chance. I, on the other hand, don't agree. I think that, at home, we have definitely got what is necessary to win. What do you, the Fulham sages, think?

Of course we have a chance, but they're the bookies' favourites.

Whiteroom

I just checked on bet365 and they're putting us a favorite. I think that they're probably generous odds though. If we are going to progress then we really need to score a few to give us a margin going into the away fixture.

VicHalomsLovechild

I think it's their first competitive game of the year after the winter break. With Konc training and maybe able to play (as Shorey is cup tied) we have a good chance. To win it over both legs though we'll have to keep a clean sheet and take a couple of goals with us. Step forward  Bob and Dave keep the dream alive.

clintclintdeuce

its a winnable tie, especially since its their first game since early December. I think we will win at home and draw away....
The Dude abides.

bazzamcb

i think we'll lose at home 1-0.   

we'll then win 2-0 away. fulham will produce the goods when needed.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on February 13, 2010, 05:26:48 PM
I think it's their first competitive game of the year after the winter break. With Konc training and maybe able to play (as Shorey is cup tied) we have a good chance. To win it over both legs though we'll have to keep a clean sheet and take a couple of goals with us. Step forward  Bob and Dave keep the dream alive.
is Shorey cup tied, i thought he was at Forest for the first half of the season, or did he play in one of them July qualifiers? Such a shame if your right as i was beginning to think we had half a chance, but with no right or left back we will be cruelly exposed. With a proper team i can see both teams winning their home games just depends on away goals etc, but Woy seems to of already waved the white flag of surrender in the Europa League.

mrska

I can see a 2 goal win...  a clean sheet is a must.

SuffolkWhite

I think it will be draw, but that at least gives us something to play for away!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: mrska on February 13, 2010, 06:14:33 PM
Dont you start trying to jump aboard the Europa gravy train now Skasie. Death to the non believers. >:(

Tom

Fulham for life!

fulhamguy

They obviously have the advantage with the away leg second... but we did it in Basle and we can do it again. I think we are favourites at home though.
COYW!

DevonFFC

I think that every one at the club now realises that they got us this far and they are not about to give it up. we have proved that in europe we play good football and bar when the ref is there 12th man we will give anyone a game.

Start believing people, and get supporting.

Admin

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 13, 2010, 06:18:25 PM
Quote from: mrska on February 13, 2010, 06:14:33 PM
Dont you start trying to jump aboard the Europa gravy train now Skasie. Death to the non believers. >:(

Jumping on the Europa gravy train, working for the Jolly Gardners, what ever next? I'm sure we'll see a post soon in regards to brining Collins john back to the club.

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: bigalffc on February 13, 2010, 09:16:49 PM
win at home draw away bring on Ajax!
Do you perhaps indulge in a bit of the Mary Joanna Big Alf? I've been to Amsterdam 5 0r 6 times when i was a young long haired dope smoker, but now i've given up i dont see the attraction of Dam, Puff is probably cheaper here than there, well if i wanted some it would be. London is crawling with Brasses, so no big deal with the red light district and Ajax aint all that now. Regarding Juve, big club, will go there if we get them, but Italy is fecking expensive. I'd rather have got Valencia, cheap flight, food and beer, and a big club.

Chopper

They're a good team and not to be taken lightly. We've certainly got a chance to win the home leg the tricky bit will be getting a result in Ukraine. Never say never though.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

WhiteJC

are they a better team than Rima? if not for the ref we would have got a draw, at least, in Rome.

However we did have a back 4 for that game. I think that we'll win at home and draw away.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: WhiteJC on February 14, 2010, 11:03:48 AM
are they a better team than Rima? if not for the ref we would have got a draw, at least, in Rome.

However we did have a back 4 for that game. I think that we'll win at home and draw away.
Well they did win the thing last year then beat barcalone in the super cup, so thet are obviously a bit tasty WhiteJC.