watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff - 02/06/22...

Started by WhiteJC, June 02, 2022, 12:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Cut adrift by Fulham and reborn at Swansea - Christie ready to end season with international impact
Christie wasn't allowed into the building at times under Marco Silva – but now he's ready to step up for Ireland.

CYRUS CHRISTIE HASN'T played a competitive game at international since November 2020, but he is likely to become integral to Ireland's 11-day sprint through the majority of their Uefa Nations League campaign.

Ireland play four of their six games in the next fortnight, beginning with Saturday's trip to Yerevan to face Armenia. Ireland's resources at right wing-back are depleted with Matt Doherty injured, while the prospect of Seamus Coleman being asked to do that role's hard running in all four games looks remote. Hence Christie appears to be next man up: new call-up Festy Ebosle isn't a stranger to the job but Stephen Kenny says he sees him as an attacker.

"Wherever the manager wants to play me, I'm sure I'm capable of doing a job", he says. "I've had a good six months at Swansea and I've been putting up good numbers; probably the best in my career. Like I said, it's just great to be back in amongst the lads. I'm looking forward to putting on the jersey if the manager picks me."

Christie's season was cleaved in two halves: the second, spent on loan with Swansea, was terrific, playing every one of their final 23 games of the season, primarily at right wing-back. It was the perfect loan move after a lousy few months at Fulham, where he was frozen out by Marco Silva and not allowed to train with the first-team.

"It was tough, the first six months. At times I wasn't allowed at the training ground when anyone was in there. I'd go to train on my own a lot of the time. I was playing out of position, in midfield as a central defensive midfielder under him. It was very different. He had a lot of players to choose from. The manager made a decision. That's football. I didn't cry about it. I just got on with it. I came in every day with a smile on my face, and waited for my opportunity. I got that at Swansea. I think I took it with both hands. I went there and showed people what I'm capable of. Over 23 games, I'd three goals, five or six assists. It was a good season. I didn't want it to end. The first half of the season was a big contrast to the second half. My time there is done. I'm looking forward to what the future holds."

Christie's time is done at Fulham as he is officially a free agent on 1 July. A permanent deal at Swansea is tempting but thus far it's not an option. " I don't think they've much of a budget this year, they said. Until they put an offer in front that I can consider...I enjoyed the way the manager plays. They took me in from day one, especially the fans. It's somewhere I'd consider going to if they want me back. "

He says he isn't stressing about his next move, and that there have been offers both in Britain and further afield, but all focus is currently on the Nations League quadruple-header. Christie is not the only member of the Irish squad to find form at Swansea ahead of this international window: Michael Obafemi is back for the first time in almost four years and is arguably the squad's form player, with 11 goals in his final 19 games of the Championship season.

"He has been unreal this season since I joined. I don't know what he was like for the first six months, but he picked up, he was scoring goals, he was a threat. On top of that, he is a lovely lad as well, he's a funny character and he gets goals. He is so quick and he is a threat. I'm sure when he steps on that pitch everyone will see what he is capable of."

Christie played twice for Ireland last year – in the two friendly games with Qatar – but hasn't been involved in a competitive game since a goalless draw against Bulgaria at an empty Aviva Stadium in November 2020, the final game of an appalling Nations League campaign. Ireland's embrace of the new competition has been cold: they have yet to win a game in the competition since its inception in 2018.

That campaign began with a terrible 4-1 loss away to Wales under Martin O'Neill, in which Christie played. (Seamus Coleman, Shane Duffy, Conor Hourihane, Jeff Hendrick, and Callum Robinson are the only other players who played that night involved in the current team.)

He was also involved in the subsequent games at home to Denmark and Wales, this time in an unfamiliar role in central midfield.

"That was centre mid, wasn't it? That was obviously a long time ago now. I was having to do a variety of roles and I had to cover a lot of ground and do a lot different things but we are in a different place now and we have a lot of great players here. We've got a strong squad. Even in training there was so many boys to choose from and a few had to sit it out and interchange so we got a lot of depth and I'm sure that when everyone is called upon we can put in some good performances over the next few weeks."

Christie will be heavily involved over the next four games, though unlikely to reappear in central midfield.

https://www.the42.ie/cyrus-christie-3-5779339-Jun2022/

WhiteJC

Fulham set to miss out on 29-year-old

Premier League outfit West Ham United are prepared to trigger the €9m option they have on Paris St-Germain shot-stopper Alphonse Areola to take him to the London Stadium on a permanent basis, according to journalist Fabrizio Romano.

The 29-year-old spent much of the 2021/22 campaign behind Lukasz Fabianski in the pecking order under David Moyes, making 18 appearances in all competitions for the Hammers but appearing just once in the Premier League.

However, he did play a considerable part in their Europa League run to the semi-final before their defeat against Frankfurt at the start of May, though his future remained unclear at that point.

Despite having a £6m offer rejected last summer, West Bromwich Albion shot-stopper Sam Johnstone continued to be linked with a move to the English capital with the 29-year-old available as a free agent as things stand.

Fellow England international Nick Pope was also reported to be on the Hammers' radar, though they now look set to address their goalkeeping department internally with loanee Areola's permanent option set to be triggered according to Romano.

The journalist also revealed that the Premier League side will contact the Frenchman's agents this week as they look to seal this deal quickly – dealing a blow to Fulham who were reportedly interested in a reunion with the shot-stopper.

The Verdict:

Considering he was already accustomed to life at Craven Cottage because of his time with the club during the 2020/21 campaign, this would have been a good addition and considering the price West Ham look set to recruit him for, he is perhaps one of the cheaper candidates to take over from Marek Rodak.

Also already used to life in London because of these spells with the Cottagers and the Hammers, it may not have been a difficult task for the former to lure him back. With Marco Silva also able to offer him more first-team football than Moyes, they may have even won the race for his signature if the two were in similar positions to recruit him.

In an intelligent move from the Hammers, they have given themselves the advantage of having a permanent option on his deal, though Silva's side should be keeping one eye on this situation in case talks break down.

Ideally though, the Cottagers need a shot-stopper in as soon as possible to allow him to get a full pre-season of football under his belt at the Cottage, enabling him to settle in and perhaps hit the ground running right from the start of 2022/23.

That could be crucial in helping to keep them afloat in the top flight beyond next term – because they could be near the bottom again and will need goalkeeping mistakes to be kept to a minimum if they are to finish above the drop zone.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-set-to-miss-out-on-29-year-old/

WhiteJC

What do Fulham need to stay up?

It is the question on the lips of every Fulham follower at the moment. What does Marco Silva need to make the Whites competitive in the top flight? The yo-yo is a horrible cliche, but the fear is real. Fulham, so flawless at times in the Championship last season – with arguably their best promotion-winning outfit since the Tigana days, have struggled woefully at English football's top table on their last two all-too-brief visits. Signings are essential, but only the right ones will give Silva a chance of fully rehabilitating his reputation in English football – as gap between the established Premier League sides and those who head up from the Championship appears to be growing with every year.

Each transfer window brings ITKs, rumours and wild swings from excitement to desolation. This article isn't about who's set to arrive at Motspur Park, but intended to an analysis of the areas in which Fulham have to strengthen in this crucial period before the serious business gets going. They simply can't afford to playing catch up from September again, so let's get stuck into the sort of upgrades that Silva needs.

First the man between the sticks: is Marek Rodak deserving of a shot at Premier League level? There is no doubt the Slovak is a brilliant shot stopper and a great Championship keeper but on our previous outing in the top flight he was quickly replaced by Alphonse Areola, who proved to be a big upgrade on the academy graduate. Now the Whites are back in the big time they have been linked with Pope, Henderson, Ugurcan Cakir and, most seemingly, Thomas Strakosha, the Albanian keeper has spent his entire professional career in Italy at Lazio. Back in 2018 he was one of the best up and coming keepers in Europe and had the world at his feet but since then his star has waned slightly. Strakosha wasn't even first choice for Lazio at the beginning of this campaign losing his place to Pepe Reina, but earned the jersey back and produced some excellent displays as Lazio finished fifth in Serie A. The experienced goalkeeper is out of contract and has already said his goodbyes in Rome, with a four-year deal at Craven Cottage widely reported. Peter Rutzler's latest piece claims that the club don't see the goalkeeping position as a priority. Do Fulham desperately need a new stopper? Can Rodak prove his pedigree in the top flight? Or will giving a new addition enough time to work with Hugo Oliveira make a massive difference to Fulham's fortunes? Probably, the latter in my view.

Arguably the biggest issue at present is who replaces the reliable Tim Ream in central defence? The American veteran certainly isn't getting any younger and, despite playing all 46 Championship games last term and fully earning a contract extension, it is clear that he won't be a starter in August. Many names have been mentioned like James Tarkowski, Joe Gomez and the club have recently opened talks with Tottenham about Joe Rodon – which underlines just how vital the powers that be consider defensive reinforcements. Silva could switch to three centre backs but that would be both risky given the lack of numbers at his disposal presently and go against his words after Luton when he insisted his style would not significantly change in the top flight. Whilst tightening up at the back is imperative in comparison with the last couple of Premier League failures, Fulham look far more threatening with a sense of adventure rather than the ponderous Parker approach.

Fulham are keen to re-sign Neco Williams following his superb loan spell last season and having two good options at right back would suit the nine substitutes rule change. Williams will be eager to play regular football to remain in Rob Page's Welsh plans with a World Cup around the corner, whilst Kenny Tete has to prove that he has shaken off the injury concerns that have dogged his first two years in SW6. Both are accomplished operators going forward and suspect defensively – but even Trent Alexander-Arnold, whose emergence has effectively ended Williams' Liverpool career, was found lacking in that respect during Saturday's Champions' League final.

It is no secret that Fulham are looking for more combative options in the middle of park to make them less easy to play through. Libyan international Al-Musrati has been withdrawn from their African Nations' Cup qualifying squad to negotiate his exit from Braga, with Marco Silva a known admirer of his ball-winning abilities after a couple of excellent years in Portugal. Other names in the frame include Nemanja Matic, whose house in Finlay Street would make matchdays a doddle, and another Serbian in Luka Milivojevic, who Silva coached at Olympiacos. Both defensive midfielders would offer vast Premier League experience that this Fulham side lacks – but neither would fit the conventional Fulham capture of the recent past. Would they be an Andre Schurrle seeking a final pay day or more like Ryan Babel, who surprised all of us with how good he was in a team destined for the drop?

Going forward Fulham will count on the magnificent Aleksander Mitrovic, whose stunning 43 goals powered us to promotion. It was lovely to hear Tom Cairney authoritatively dismiss the 'he's not good enough for the Premier League' narrative on Talksport yesterday afternoon: Mitrovic's international record shows that he can be handful for even the best defenders, but the key will be getting numbers into the box to support him. The Manor Solomon saga is still to be concluded: Fabrizio Romano declared it dead days ago, but other reports suggest the deal is very much alive. Even if the Whites do add the Israeli, they won't be able to rely on Harry Wilson's assists and Mitrovic alone, they will need creativity in the number ten position to replace the departing Fabio Carvalho.

Fulham are certainly looking, although the soon-to-be free agent Andriy Yarmolenko hardly produced his best form at West Ham and a link to Miguel Almiron is intriguing. Viktor Gyokeres, fresh from a fine season with Coventry and two terrific performances against Silva's side, continues to be mentioned in the red tops but the prospect of Luke Harris and Jay Stansfield featuring in pre-season alongside Rodrigo Muniz is appealing. The club's recruitment team are definitely hard up at work and it is obvious that Silva would love a less raw alternative to the hulking physicality of Mitrovic. Persuading an established forward to come to Craven Cottage to be a back up forward at best is a tall order, though.

The Whites certainly need to strengthen and the earlier Silva's signings can bed in, the better. A good partner for Tosin Adarabioyo has to be the first priority, as a steady central defensive partnership will be pivotal in the Premier League. There is also a need for some substantial squad depth – and not just because of rule change regarding the number of substitutes. Fulham's squad is weighed down by an extraordinary amount of deadwood who are unlikely to attract serious suitors so a swift overhaul, akin to the one carried out by Slavisa Jokanovic in 2016, is required. It is such a tough job, but the rewards are tantalising. You feel that if Silva can guide Fulham to safety this season, he might be the man to firmly establish the Cottagers in the top flight once again.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/06/what-do-fulham-need-to-stay-up/

WhiteJC

Tony Asghar insists Fulham link is no 'fluff piece' as Dundee United chief eyes 'fruitful' partnership with English Premier League side

Tony Asghar believes Dundee United's partnership with Fulham is almost ready to bear fruit.

United announced their collaboration, centred around player and coach development, with the newly promoted Cottagers in January.

The Tangerines sporting director has revealed work behind the scenes – which has been ongoing since before the link-up went public – is progressing well.

And fans could soon see the benefit first hand, when players start to move between the clubs.

"These partnerships can often be a bit of a fluff piece but this has been working for a long time before we announced it," said Asghar.

"One of the directors of Fulham has been up, their director of football has been up as has their academy director.

"We have been down there and shared a lot of common practices in how we are going to move forward.

"From a football perspective we are looking at high performance. Can we get players from there who could come into our environment?

"Dundee United have an opportunity on Scotland that we can get players in that they can't in England.

"There's now a pathway for us to look at players they can't get and we can. We can look at loans and various other aspects."

Both clubs are American-owned, with Mark Ogren in control of United and Shahid Khan providing the financial muscle at Fulham

It's a shared trait that isn't lost on Asghar.

And the Tangerines' chief is sure that, in time, the two clubs will have even more in common – as United will with their other partner outfits.

"With Fulham, I like the identity. It's an American owned club who has another sports franchise," said Asghar.

"He has built a club that has just been promoted, as we were a few years ago. There are a lot of synergies.

"There are good people at Fulham. From Alistair Macintosh the director of football or Huw Jennings.

"We are going to grow it. There were a few players we were going to bring in during the January window from there but things didn't work out so.

"It will be fruitful and we will work hard at that within our partnerships.

"A simplistic view is to look at players and say there will be a clear partnership trading model.

"Andy Goldie has been down with Mike Cave, their academy director, looking at a lot of intertwining between how they work and how we work.

"We brought a goalkeeping coach in on secondment from Southampton, Ryan Flood. That worked really well so there may be opportunities for some of our staff to go down there.

"We have the partnership with Northern Virginia, Brian Welsh's team, where we hope to send over two players and a coach this season.

"Things take time. They aren't instantaneous on results.

"We need to build it and I feel positive we will have good results."

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/3339378/tony-asghar-insists-fulham-link-is-no-fluff-piece-as-dundee-united-chief-eyes-fruitful-partnership-with-english-premier-league-side/

WhiteJC

Christie eyes up move abroad as Swans don't "have much of a budget"

Cyrus Christie wants to explore the possibility of a move abroad for his next transfer move as his Fulham contract comes to an end.

The full back is currently with the Republic of Ireland squad for their Nations League fixtures alongside his former teammates Ryan Manning and Michael Obafemi.

All the talk over the past few months had been of Russell Martin's desire to tie Christie down to a permanent deal at the Swansea.com Stadium but it looks like the financial expectations have been some distance away.

Christie also seemed keen for the move but now he wants to assess options away from the British isles with La Liga side Elche, Italian team Bologna and Turkish clubs Fenerbahce and Konyaspor thought to be interested.

Swansea are yet to make a signing with around eight weeks until the season starts all over again – the players are due to return in around a fortnight for pre-season training.

Asked if a foreign move appeals, Christie said: "Yes, definitely, to play abroad is something that I've looked at before.

"There have been times when I've had options to go there but Fulham didn't let me go. So it's definitely something that I'd like to explore.

"I've had a lot of contact over this summer with a few teams abroad. So we'll see how this goes.

"I need to sit down and talk to my family and see what is best for them when those options come up and are concrete."

"It's quite difficult to deal with teams abroad in the way they do things. It's a different structure.

"But it's something that I've always wanted to do so we'll see what happens over the next few weeks."

Christie still leaves hope for a return to the Swans: "I really enjoyed my time there but I don't think they've much of a budget this year. They took me in from day one, especially the fans."

https://planetswans.co.uk/2022/06/01/christie-eyes-up-move-abroad-as-swans-dont-have-much-of-a-budget/

WhiteJC

Dundee United seek 'fruitful' Fulham academy partnership

Dundee United sporting director Tony Ashgar believes the Scottish side's academy partnership with Fulham could deliver tangible benefits this season.

Speaking to the Courier, Ashgar revealed that the clubs were in long-term negotiations before the announcement of the youth link-up in January.

"These partnerships can often be a bit of a fluff piece but this has been working for a long time before we announced it. One of the directors of Fulham has been up, their director of football has been up as has their academy director. We have been down there and shared a lot of common practices in how we are going to move forward.

From a football perspective we are looking at high performance. Can we get players from there who could come into our environment? Dundee United have an opportunity in Scotland that we can get players in that they can't in England. There's now a pathway for us to look at players they can't get and we can. We can look at loans and various other aspects."

Ashgar admitted that both clubs being American-owned has provided a natural synergy.

"With Fulham, I like the identity. It's an American owned club who has another sports franchise. He has built a club that has just been promoted, as we were a few years ago. There are a lot of synergies. There are good people at Fulham. From Alistair Mackintosh the director of football or Huw Jennings. We are going to grow it. There were a few players we were going to bring in during the January window from there but things didn't work out."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/06/dundee-united-seek-fruitful-fulham-academy-partnership/

WhiteJC

Fulham target Al Musrati omitted from Libya squad to negotiate Braga departure

Fulham target Al Musrati has been left out of Libya's latest national squad in order to negotiate a move away from SC Braga, it has emerged.

Fulham are preparing for life back in the Premier League and the rumour mill has well and truly started to spin.

Among those linked with a summer switch to Craven Cottage is Braga midfielder Musrati, with reports from Portugal (via Sport Witness) stating that he is a player on Marco Silva's radar this summer.

Now, as reported by BBC Sport, a development has emerged regarding Musrati's situation.

It is said that Musrati asked to be left out of the Libya squad for their upcoming games against Botswana and Equatorial Guinea in order to negotiate a transfer away from Braga.

It isn't mentioned who the 26-year-old midfielder is in talks with nor is the stage of the discussions.

One to watch for Fulham?

Although it remains to be seen exactly who Musrati is in talks with at the moment, Fulham fans will be watching his situation closely.

The towering midfielder could prove to be an intriguing acquisition as he bids to looks for a new challenge after two years with Braga. He has spent the last five-and-a-half years playing in Portugal but still has two years remaining on his contract with Braga, so if anyone secures Musrati's services this summer they will have to conjure up a transfer fee.

His omission from the Libya squad shows there is movement towards a Braga exit, but it is unknown if he will be heading in Fulham's direction or not.

https://the72.co.uk/274719/fulham-target-al-musrati-omitted-from-libya-squad-to-negotiate-braga-departure/

WhiteJC

Tarkowski, Carvalho: 5 summer signings that will keep Fulham in the PL

Fulham are back in the big time, yet like the last two times the Cottagers were promoted to the Premier League, many are expecting the west London side to go straight back down, yet their summer signings could change that.

Marco Silva has done excellently since taking over at Fulham last season, and the Portuguese manager could make a real impact on the club if he can keep the newly-promoted Championship side up in the top flight next campaign.

Indeed, signings are expected this summer for Fulham, yet unlike previous years after winning promotion to the Premier League, the Thameside club must be smart with who they recruit in the coming months.

Fulham have fallen into the trap of essentially changing the entire squad in their last two summer windows as a Premier League club, yet here are five players who could join the Cottagers and make a significant impact in keeping them up in England's top division.

Neco Williams
Neco Williams joined Fulham on loan from Liverpool and was an immediate success in the English capital, and with reports indicating that Silva wants to sign the Wales international on a permanent deal, the Merseyside academy graduate could be a solid addition this summer.

Full of potential and already caught up with the club's style of play under the Portuguese manager, Williams could flourish in the Premier League if Fulham make an effort to sign the 21-year-old Wrexham-born fullback this transfer window.

James Tarkowski
Another defender Fulham are reportedly interested in signing, James Tarkowski is one of the most in-demand Premier League free agents this summer after leaving Burnley following their relegation from the division, and the Cottagers could be an ideal destination.

Alongside Tosin Adarabioyo, Tarkowski could form a solid centre-back partnership with the 24-year-old Fulham star after his sensational season in the Championship, with the former Burnley titan an ideal defender to play alongside and to learn the ropes of the game.

Luka Milivojevic
Luka Milivojevic has been an incredible servant for Crystal Palace, with the Serbian international captaining the Eagles for some time, yet according to reports, Fulham are now interested in signing the 31-year-old midfield general.

Premier League quality in midfield mixed with the balance from current members of the squad is a good bet on staying up in the division, and given Milivojevic's experience for Palace and on an international level, the midfielder could be perfect to add some steel to the centre of the park for Fulham.

Manor Solomon
Manor Solomon's ongoing transfer saga with Fulham seems to have no end, with the deal seemingly flip-flopping from 'it's happening' to 'it's off' more times than you can count, yet if the Cottagers are to stay up in the Premier League, the Israeli international would be a great addition.

With the likes of Arsenal also interested in the attacker, landing the Shakhtar Donetsk winger would boost Fulham's odds of survival by a considerable margin, and at just 22, Solomon could be a star for the future for Silva's side.

Fabio Carvalho
After a breakthrough season with Fulham, Fabio Carvalho has already been announced as a new signing for Liverpool. Though given the Reds' incredible squad depth, the teenage talent could easily return to west London for the season on loan and continue his development with his boyhood club.

The 19-year-old was key to Fulham's title-winning season last term, and under Silva, Carvalho already has a manager who knows how to get the best out of the midfielder, who could shine in the Premier League for Fulham should he return on loan to Craven Cottage.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/06/01/tarkowski-carvalho-5-summer-signings-that-will-keep-fulham-in-the-pl/

WhiteJC

8 transfer scenarios that might play out at Fulham now 2021/22 has officially concluded

Fulham will be beginning preparations for a season back in the top flight having earned promotion to the Premier League once again.

This is the club's third promotion in the last five seasons, having been relegated on both of their last campaigns in the top division of English football.

But on this occasion, the Cottagers earned a comfortable Championship league title on their route back to the top.

Previously, the club won through the play-offs and spent heavily in a bid to gain Premier League-level quality players quickly.

Marco Silva has shown that the base of the team is now much more solid than in previous seasons under Slavisa Jokanovic and Scott Parker.

It will be a very interesting few weeks ahead as the Portuguese looks to strengthen his squad ahead of the new season.

Here are eight transfer scenarios that might play out at Fulham now that the campaign has officially concluded.

Neco Williams decision
The Liverpool full-back spent the second half of the season on loan at Craven Cottage, playing 14 times in the Championship.

During that time, Williams asserted himself as an important player at the club, so much so that Silva is interested in bringing the Welshman to the club on a permanent basis.

It is a definite possibility that this transfer does happen this summer, with Williams not looking likely to break into Jurgen Klopp's plans anytime soon.

Ivan Cavaleiro's future
Cavaleiro has spent three seasons at Craven Cottage, but has fallen down the pecking order massively in the last 12 months or so.

It has been reported by The Athletic that the London club are seeking an exit for the 28-year-old this summer.

This will need to be decided quickly, with the club hoping to raise money through sales that could potentially fund further improvements to the squad.

The Portuguese only started five games in the Championship this season.

Harry Winks speculation
The 26-year-old is reportedly a transfer target of Fulham's this summer, but Silva's side faces competition from the likes of Sevilla and Everton.

Winks is no longer part of Antonio Conte's plans so is free to depart White Hart Lane, with a £20 million valuation placed on his contract.

Fulham even have the advantage in that they are located in London as well, so it would logistically be favourable for Winks to remain in the city.

Battle for Miguel Almiron's signature
Fulham are also set to battle Everton and Sevilla over the signature of Almiron this summer, with Napoli also expressing interest in the Newcastle United player.

However, Howe is fond of the Paraguayan so he may remain at St James' Park beyond the summer.

This would likely be an expensive transfer to pull off considering the level of interest in his services, but he would bring some much-needed experience to this Fulham side should a transfer come to fruition.

Anthony Knockaert's departure
Knockaert is one of the players that Fulham are still looking to sell this summer, according to The Athletic.

The midfielder arrived from Brighton & Hove Albion on a permanent basis in 2020 following a successful stint on loan in 2019-20.

However, since becoming a Fulham player he has barely featured in the side and only played four times in the Championship this season.

His exit will free up some funds and will be the best move for all parties involved.

Ko Itakura interest
Silva is interested in bringing the Manchester City defender to Craven Cottage this summer.

However, the Cottagers face competition from Bournemouth this season, with Freiburg and Hoffenheim also considering a move for the 25-year-old.

Itakura spent the previous campaign on loan with German side Schalke, who are also seeking a permanent move for the player having helped the team achieve a swift promotion back to the Bundesliga.

The Japanese international looks set to make the jump to top flight football this summer.

Josh Onomah exit
Onomah played 20 times in the Championship this season, starting only eight times in Silva's side as they clinched promotion.

According to The Athletic, the former Tottenham player is on the chopping block with Fulham open to a potential sale this summer.

The 25-year-old has spent three seasons with the Cottagers, but has yet to assert himself as a consistent starter in the team, making a possible exit the likely best scenario for all parties involved.

Viktor Gyokeres in-demand
The Coventry City striker had an excellent season up front in Mark Robins' side, scoring 17 goals and earning five assists as the team finished 12th in the table.

The Swede has been linked with a move to Craven Cottage as potential competition for Aleksander Mitrovic in the team.

Middlesbrough will compete with the London club over the forward's signature, with Silva possibly hoping he can complement the Serbian in attack in the season ahead.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/8-transfer-scenarios-that-might-play-out-at-fulham-now-2021-22-has-officially-concluded/

WhiteJC

Fulham target Miguel Almiron's Newcastle United release clause set at huge £60m, says agent

Fulham target Miguel Almiron's release clause at Newcastle United is set at a huge £60m, his agent Daniel Campos has claimed.

Fulham are preparing for life back in the Premier League after winning the Championship title and a host of names have already been linked with a summer switch to Craven Cottage.

Newcastle United midfielder Almiron is among those said to be on the Cottagers' radar, with Everton, Sevilla and Napoli also linked.

Speaking live on Versus Radio (quotes via Chronicle Live), Campos revealed that the rapid attacking midfielder is more than happy to stay with Newcastle United. Not only that, but he also reveals Almiron's release clause is set at a remarkable £60m.

Here's what he had to say:

"There are always rumours about players in the transfer market.

"However, we don't have any definitive interest shown by any club. Usually, the clubs negotiate within themselves but don't contact the agent. He has a release clause of £60 million.

"He is happy to stay at the club and most importantly, he is playing."

Time to look elsewhere?

Despite the fact Almiron hasn't exactly set the world alight in his time with Newcastle United, he could have proven a smart target.

Fulham will need Premier League pedigree in their ranks next season and the Paraguayan has plenty of experience in playing in the top flight now. However, with Campos revealing the 28-year-old is still happy at St. James' Park and that he has a huge release clause, it seems only wise that the Cottagers turn their attentions elsewhere.

There will be bargains to be had this summer and while they need Premier League experience, it will be smart for Fulham to be shrewd where possible.

The summer transfer window hasn't even opened yet, so expect plenty more names to be linked with the Cottagers as Marco Silva fights to finally cement Fulham's place in the Premier League.

https://the72.co.uk/274754/fulham-target-miguel-almirons-newcastle-united-release-clause-set-at-huge-60m-says-agent/

WhiteJC

Nottingham Forest set to sign Joe Rothwell after Blackburn Rovers exit

Nottingham Forest are set to sign Joe Rothwell following his departure from Blackburn Rovers, according to a report by TEAMtalk.

Nottingham Forest are poised to win the race for the midfielder's signature.

The Reds are preparing for life in the Premier League next season following their play-off final win over Huddersfield Town at Wembley.

Rothwell, 27, is available as a free agent with his contract at Ewood Park up at the end of June.

Nottingham Forest looking to see off competition

The ex-Manchester United man is a man in-demand right now and the Lancashire Telegraph claimed Sheffield United are interested. The same source reported last week that Fulham have also entered the running.

However, Nottingham Forest are looking to bat away competition from elsewhere to lure him to The City Ground.

Steve Cooper will be looking to bolster his ranks over the next couple of months to ensure his side are competitive in the top flight.

Rothwell joined Blackburn Rovers back in 2018 and has since established himself as a key player for the Lancashire outfit over recent years.

He made 161 appearances for the Ewood Park club in all competitions and chipped in with 11 goals and 18 assists.

Prior to his switch there, the Mancunian previously had spells at Manchester United, Blackpool, Barnsley and Oxford United.

If Nottingham Forest are able to get a deal over the line, he will give them more competition and depth in the middle of the park ahead of what will be a tough campaign ahead.

Fulham and Sheffield United will also have to look elsewhere for reinforcements.

https://the72.co.uk/274768/nottingham-forest-set-to-sign-joe-rothwell-after-blackburn-rovers-exit/

WhiteJC

Mitrovic, ex-Liverpool star Wilson: 5 players Fulham must trust in the PL

Fulham will next season return to the Premier League, and unlike previous years, the Cottagers will be hoping to stay in the division beyond their first year back in the top flight.

The west London side have yo-yoed between the Championship and Premier League since 2018, and under Marco Silva's management, there's a strong chance that Fulham could actually stay up this season if they get their summer plan bang on.

One factor that has largely played into Fulham's last two relegations from the Premier League has been the incredible amount of change the Cottagers experience to the playing squad, with 28 first-team players being signed across the two seasons the club were last in the division.

If Silva is to flourish, this excessive spending has to stop, and here are five players Fulham must trust next season if they are to succeed in the Premier League next season.

Marek Rodak
A goalkeeper who has been instrumental in Fulham's last three promotions to the Premier League, it's somewhat disrespectful that Marek Rodak has only ever played two top-flight games in his entire career.

The Slovakian international was dropped to the bench for Alphonso Areola in the 2019/20 season, yet after the campaign that has just unfolded, Rodak more than deserves a shot as Fulham's number one, with Paulo Gazzaniga sufficient backup in the Premier League if needed.

Tosin Adarabioyo
Named in the Championship Team of the Season, Tosin Adarabioyo has come a long way under Silva in the past nine months, and the former Manchester City defender could be a star for Fulham in the Premier League in the coming months.

The 24-year-old was one of the best centre-backs in the Championship last season, and with reported interest from Premier League sides, Adarabioyo's form and performances in England's best division could make a huge difference if the Cottagers are to stay up.

Antonee Robinson
Another defender that was named in the Championship Team of the Season is USA international Antonee Robinson, who has been one of Fulham's best signings in recent memory and was in fine form for the majority of the year under Silva.

Also 24-years-old, the defender already has a decent amount of Premier League experience from Fulham's last participation in the division, and since that doomed season, Robinson has blossomed into a fine fullback and a player who can make a big impact in the top flight.

Harry Wilson
After years of promise in the Championship and the Premier League, Harry Wilson left the confides of Liverpool for good last summer as the Merseyside academy graduate joined Fulham on a £12m deal, and the Wales international was simply brilliant.

Ten goals and an astonishing 20 assists marked Wilson's best season to date, and in the Premier League, the winger must be one of Fulham's most important players if he is to build from this incredible year in the Championship, with the 25-year-old only likely to get better from here.

Aleksandar Mitrovic
Aleksandar Mitrovic has often been labelled as a striker who can only deliver in the Championship, but after the Serbian's historic and quite outrageous 43-goal season, the 27-year-old is just simply way too good to be left on the bench for another Premier League campaign.

The former Newcastle United star is coming off the best season any attacker has ever had in the second-tier this century, and for Mitrovic, he will be eager to silence the critics next season with Silva set to hand the attacker a starring role in the attack that is so richly deserved.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/06/01/mitrovic-ex-liverpool-star-wilson-5-players-fulham-must-trust-in-the-pl/

WhiteJC

Fulham Show Interest In La Liga Midfielder

Fulham are amongst the clubs who have an interest in signing Real Betis midfielder William Carvalho this summer.

Carvalho made 49 appearances across all competitions for Real Betis last season and has been an important player for the club.

But he has a year left on his contract at Betis and there is speculation that he is looking to move on in the upcoming transfer window.

Turkish giants Fenerbahce are claimed to have made an offer for him but there are a few more clubs who have an interest in the 30-year-old midfielder.

According to Italian broadcaster Sportitalia, Fulham are one of the clubs who are keeping tabs on the player.

The newly-promoted Premier League outfit are looking to strengthen their squad ahead of returning to the top-flight next season.

Fulham boss Marco Silva is a big fan of Carvalho and is considering taking his compatriot to Craven Cottage this summer.

The midfielder's former club Sporting Lisbon also have their eyes on him with a view to potentially signing him.

Carvalho has been linked with a move to England for several years and it remains to be seen whether Fulham manage to get him this summer.

https://insidefutbol.com/2022/06/01/fulham-show-interest-in-la-liga-midfielder/561819/

WhiteJC

Fulham talks for midfielder have 'accelerated' – Player close to joining, released from national team

Almoatasembellah Al Musrati is close to leaving Braga and move to Fulham, according to reports from Portugal.

Newspaper Jornal de Notícias writes that the midfielder could soon sign for the Whites for their upcoming Premier League campaign and join manager Marco Silva there.

It's claimed that the interest from the Cottagers 'accelerated in the past few days', and that's why Al Musrati was released from Libya's game against Botswana tonight, as he's expected to complete the transfer.

Speaking of the price, Jornal de Notícias first takes claims from the English press to say Fulham are willing to spend €15m on the signing, and then adds that's an amount which Braga should accept.

Al Musrati has been playing in Portugal since 2017, which is where he featured for Vitória Guimarães, Rio Ave and Braga, who he joined on a free transfer in 2020.

This season for the Arsenalistas, he made 45 appearances, being an important piece for them and raising his valuation on Transfermarkt to €12m.

Fulham's interest in signing him was reported just last week, and it seems Marco Silva's side moved quickly for the transfer.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-talks-midfielder-accelerated-player-close-joining-released-national-team/

WhiteJC

Fulham close to signing Braga's Al-Musrati, reports claim

Fulham are close to signing Braga midfielder Almoatasembellah Al-Musrati, reports coming out of Europe claim.

Fulham are returning to the Premier League and it looks like they're doing so with a bang.

Following on from their commanding title-winning 2021/22 season in the second tier, Marco Silva's side have been linked with a horde of new signings.

From Premier League names to obscure European talents, Fulham look set to bolster their ranks heavily this summer, and Al-Musrati could be a signing that falls into that latter category.

The Libyan midfielder has been with Braga for the past two seasons. But reports coming out of Portugal (via Sport Witness) say that the 26-year-old is close to leaving the Portuguese club, and subsequently close to joining Fulham.

Sport Witness relay the information that Fulham's interest in Al-Musrati has gathered pace over the past few days, and that the Londoners are ready to fork out €15million for the midfielder.

Learning from the past...

Fulham are likely still recovering from the summer of 2018, when they spent upwards of £100million on a number of poor signings.

They have yet another chance at the Premier League and this time round, the club needs to recruit much more effectively.

With Silva at the helm, they look more reliable on the pitch. But recruitment-wise, Fulham need to ensure that they don't overspend on unprovem players.

Al-Musrati is certainly unproven, and so there's an element of risk to the transfer. But if the club have done their due diligence then it could prove to be a shrewd signing.

It'll be a nervy transfer window for Fulham fans, who will be praying that their side can now start to establish themselves in the Premier League, rather than stay as a yo-yo- team.

https://the72.co.uk/274781/fulham-close-to-signing-bragas-al-musrati-reports-claim/

WhiteJC

Fulham Chase Carvalho Again

Marco Silva's Premier League retooling is yet to make its first purchase but we understand that William Carvalho is set to be targeted for the second time since the Portuguese Head Coach has been at Craven Cottage.

Silva worked with Betis' defensive midfield during his year in Sporting where together they won the Portuguese Cup, reached 3rd in the league and the Round of 32 in the UEFA Europa League.

You may remember last summer Fulham were heavily looking at bringing in the Portuguese international on loan with an option to make permanent following promotion. Carvalho rejected the opportunity to play in the Championship and instead helped Betis win the Copa Del Rey and finish 5th in La Liga.

William Carvalho, 30, would represent somewhat of a coup for Fulham who would be looking at €8m to €10m (or roughly £7m to £8.5m) to reunite the enforcer with Marco Silva.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/06/fulham-chase-carvalho-again/

WhiteJC

Fulham keeping tabs on Real Betis star William Carvalho

Fulham are said to be among the sides keeping tabs on Real Betis midfielder William Carvalho, who is valued between €8m and €10m.

Fulham boss Marco Silva will need to strengthen his ranks this summer if he wants to keep the Cottagers in the Premier League, and a host of names have already been linked with moves to West London.

Now, one of the latest to emerge on the Cottagers' radar is Real Betis' Portuguese midfielder Carvalho.

As claimed by Rudy Galetti, Fulham are among the sides keeping tabs on the 30-year-old who could be on the move this summer.

It is said that Turkish giants Fenerbahce have already made an offer to Betis, with Fulham alongside Sporting Lisbon and other European clubs following the midfielder. He is valued between €8m and €10m (around £6.8m to £8.5m).

What could Carvalho offer?

Carvalho has plenty of experience playing at a high level so could be a smart addition for Fulham.

He played nearly 200 times for boyhood club Sporting Lisbon and has gone on to play 135 times for La Liga side Real Betis since arriving in 2018. Not only that but he has a hefty 71 international caps for Portugal, making his debut back in 2013 at just 21.

Carvalho operates either as a defensive midfielder or a central midfielder but mainly operates in the deeper role. He boasts an impressive passing range and is comfortable on the ball at his feet. Standing at 187cm, he has the physical traits to dominate more diminutive midfielders in the middle of the park too.

After spending the vast majority of his career playing in Portugal or Spain, a summer move to England could present a new challenge for Carvalho, so Fulham could be an intriguing option.

https://the72.co.uk/274784/fulham-keeping-tabs-on-real-betis-star-william-carvalho/

WhiteJC

Fulham 'following' La Liga midfielder – Could be available for €8-10m, rivals have already bid

Fulham are one of the sides interested in Real Betis midfielder William Carvalho this summer, should he leave the Spanish club.

That's according to journalist Rudy Galetti, who says the Portuguese international could be available for €8-10m.

Fulham are keen to improve their squad after securing a return from the Championship last season, with Marco Silva likely to be backed after an impressive campaign that saw his side run away with the title.

And it appears he may be looking at adding a compatriot to his squad, with Galetti reporting Fulham are one of several sides looking at Carvalho.

He's managed to revalue himself this past season with Betis, and that's seen the interested parties line up, with Fenerbahce already making an offer.

They're not the only ones keen, though, with Fulham and his former side Sporting Club de Portugal also 'following' the midfielder as well.

That's presumably because of his low price tag, with Carvalho available for €8-10m, a potential bargain given his experience in Spain, Belgium and for Portugal at international level as well.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-following-la-liga-midfielder-available-e8-10m-rivals-already-bid/

WhiteJC

Fulham and Bournemouth amongst teams plotting bids for 23-year-old Huddersfield Town man

Lewis O'Brien has long been interesting teams above the Championship but with his current side Huddersfield not quite breaking into the Premier League via the play-offs, he could finally be set for a switch away from the Terriers this summer.

Again, there is no shortage of teams interested in his services. As reported by TEAMtalk, Fulham and Bournemouth are now both keen to seal a deal for the midfielder now that they are back in the top flight. They aren't alone in wanting the player though, with Leeds, Southampton and Crystal Palace three other Premier League outfits who could offer him first-team football.

Huddersfield will no doubt want to keep hold of him beyond this campaign, as he has become a crucial part of their first-team. In fact, since his breakout season with the Terriers in 2019/20, he has cemented himself as arguably one of the best in his position in the entire division.

He's made 123 Championship appearances for the club so far and has been excellent and consistent along the way in terms of his ability – and that is why plenty of sides higher up the Football League are now keen to snap him up.

Having never been tested in the top flight, it would present O'Brien with the chance to see if he could cut it at the highest level. It has always seemed a matter of time until he was whisked into the Premier League by another team – and with Bournemouth and Fulham now eager to make him part of their squads, it could finally happen this summer.

The Verdict

Lewis O'Brien is a very good player and anyone who has seen him play at any point for Huddersfield will vouch for that. He's been part of a club that was not expected to be anywhere near promotion this season but his performances helped them to defy the odds and get to the play-off final.

There is no question of his ability as a midfielder and in the second tier. He can be one of, if not, the best player in the Championship on his day and that is why so many people want him. Considering his age too, he is one man who could end up getting even better if exposed to top level football.

Now might finally be the time that he gets what he deserves and makes the move up to the Premier League too. He's been loyal to Huddersfield amid a wealth of interest and has stayed with them when they were near the bottom of the division and has helped them climb towards the top.

With the side narrowly missing out on promotion, the opportunity to play top flight football next year will now have to come from elsewhere and with teams queuing up, it could be time for the Terriers to say goodbye to him.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-and-bournemouth-amongst-teams-plotting-bids-for-23-year-old-huddersfield-town-man/

WhiteJC

Season Tickets Sold Out

The Club is delighted to announce that Season Tickets for 2022/23 campaign have now sold out.

Marking Fulham's exciting return to the Premier League, more than 15,000 seats have been sold seasonally across all areas of Craven Cottage.

As such, Season Tickets are now no longer available to purchase either online or from the Fulham Ticket Office, and remaining seats within the ground will become available to purchase on a match-by-match basis over the course of next season.

Fixtures for the new Premier League season will be released on fulhamfc.com on Thursday 16th June, with our 2022/23 campaign commencing on the 6th August 2022.

As always, thank you for your fantastic support. We look forward to welcoming supporters to Craven Cottage next season!
KEEP YOUR CARD

Supporters are reminded that unless they have moved seat or age category, they should keep their season card for the 2022/23 campaign. This card will be re-activated ahead of the new season.
2022/23 MEMBERSHIP

Providing priority ticket access for all fixtures at Craven Cottage, further information regarding pricing and on sale dates for 22/23 Membership will be made soon. Register your interest to be the first to hear about 22/23 Membership!

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/june/01/season-tickets-sold-out-/