watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - England v Hungary

Started by H4usuallysitting, June 14, 2022, 08:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

I've never seen Reece James play left back before.... obviously that's his best position, so why didn't he start the second half on the left...This is supposed to be top drawer

Lester Burnham

And yet England are 3rd favorites to win the 2022 WC @6-1 behind Brazil and France?!! Wow

Lighthouse

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on June 14, 2022, 11:15:17 PM
Nobody ever seems to care about pointless internationals until we lose one...

The trouble is people need to share opinion. It is a human condition. Even if people are all alone they miss sharing opinions and thoughts. Now once they do share and find that people don't care anymore than they do. They still need to share. So caring about pointless Internationals isn't the same as sharing. Which is why people share and give opinions in things they know nothing about. I don't care but I needed to share. I know nothing but I give opinion. The human condition is a weird thing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Sammyffc

Treasonous. Southgate needs to stop thinking he can play like Mourinho and realize he is Gareth Southgate.

Possibly the best young team we have had for generations in attack but nah lets keep playing defensive.

Sterling bailed him out by being immense at the Euro's, if it wasn't for raheem we would have crumbled.

Used the ' i made a mistake' line in his press conference when we all know it wasnt a mistake, its the same we have played for years. He just wasn't bailed out this time.

Going forward we look like a a bunch of blind chickens, can't get the ball to the wings? lets just swap the winger.

Embarrassment.

rebel

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on June 14, 2022, 10:13:48 PM
Not exactly our strongest XI so not too worried about losing a glorified friendly. We're used to embarrassing ourselves on the world stage and this is a minor addition. I'm sure we'll be competitive at the world Cup without threatening to win it, which is a step up from a decade ago. As for the style of play I have to agree that it is Parkeresque. Are there any English managers that play exciting football?

Lacked team cohesion, just wasn't there, we were second all over the pitch.

Whitestone

It's time Southgate went. We've witnessed performances like last nights so many times under Southgate. It's a bore fest watching England. The football has been described as like Parkerball. I agree, it is. He's been fortunate with results up until now. He's the problem, not the players, he's got to go. Get someone in who can get the best out of the wonderful talent we have. I'm not suggesting  Silva, obviously, but can you just imagine how good England would be with a manager like him at the helm.

SuffolkWhite

I barely watch England play except for the major tournaments.

Its like that old question of "Would you rather Fulham won the League than England won the World Cup?!" I know which team I prefer.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

southwest6

Unbelievably shite. I don't know why I put it on... Was watching the Germany vs Italy game, then the Wales game, and saw the England score was still 1-0 with 40mn to play so was curious to see if we were making any progress. Kalvin Phillips... He should be a Centre Back, not a CM. The team overall was clueless.

Sad thing is that there's very little chance we'll sack Southgate for the WC. It's not so much not winning the tournament i'm concerned about (whoever the manager is it will be a monumental task), but rather the brand of football i'll have to endure. I cannot stand it.

toshes mate

If I had been responsible for England's performances thus far in the Nations League then I'd sack myself.  One penalty scored and not one open play goal in four games, coupled to the fact that there has been a complete lack of cohesion.  Even when England had breakaway opportunities nobody had a clue how to use them.  Compare that to Hungary who were sharper and more positive by magnitudes and probably deserved six goals.  Talent needs to be mixed with teamwork to thrive and there was absolutely no obvious sign these players had played together ever before, or even enjoyed each other's company on the pitch.  Just poor stuff from so called professionals who should all be ashamed of each other ...   

Cookie6262

I would give the Job to Graham Potter, he's done a good job at Brighton plays decent football and who knows with better players maybe great.

FFC1987

Quote from: Cookie6262 on June 15, 2022, 08:40:01 AM
I would give the Job to Graham Potter, he's done a good job at Brighton plays decent football and who knows with better players maybe great.

Yep. Said this immediately after Euros. You only have to look at current Italy to see that was our best chance for a trophy. Friends thought I was mad for suggesting it but right now, no goals in over 6 hours of open play, losing 4 nil to Hungary at home and being relegated in a pointless tournament.....doesn't bode well for an extremely negative play style manager.

Craven Mad

Imagine Dyche with access to the long range passing of TAA and the target men of Tammy Abraham and Harry Kane up top. Forget about midfielders: it's route one, baby!

Twig

It was a very poor tournament for England, no getting away from it. There are some mitigating circumstances; end of a long season, injuries, need to rotate to protect tired players etc. but at the end of the day that applies to many of the teams we faced.  The players need to take a long hard look at themselves because it's not all down to the manager.
If it were Southgate's first tournament I'd be calling for his head but he has credit in the bank. You simply don't reach a WC semi and Euros final through luck (or despite the manager) as some have claimed.
On balance I think the FA have to stick with him and hope this will have been a bit of a wake up call for manager and players alike.

bog

Amid the understandable gloom a word for Hungary. I thought they were very well organised and knew what they were doing. Puskas would have been proud of them. 

I agree about Graham Potter. Brighton fans must be worried.

092.gif

FFC1987

Quote from: Twig on June 15, 2022, 09:47:27 AM
It was a very poor tournament for England, no getting away from it. There are some mitigating circumstances; end of a long season, injuries, need to rotate to protect tired players etc. but at the end of the day that applies to many of the teams we faced.  The players need to take a long hard look at themselves because it's not all down to the manager.
If it were Southgate's first tournament I'd be calling for his head but he has credit in the bank. You simply don't reach a WC semi and Euros final through luck (or despite the manager) as some have claimed.
On balance I think the FA have to stick with him and hope this will have been a bit of a wake up call for manager and players alike.

With respect, I actually think in international football, managers matter very little really. Didn't Chris Coleman get Wales to a semi final in a major? Countless managers have managed to get good squads to latter stages in international football. So whilst some managers can get the maximum out of teams, and impact games with positive changes, Southgate time and time again just doesn't do this. He does wear a lovely suit, speaks on social issues and talks a good game PR wise.

If I'm honest, I'm just a bit tired of the endless excuses for Southgate. If he played even remotely pleasing on the eye football, I'd be a bit more sympathetic. But blaming tiredness, crediting Hungary, injuries when he has world class replacements, is just such a lame excuse for a manager who has in my opinion, cost us our first major trophy in years and just doesn't add value to this side in the big games. Perfectly summed up yesterday when he decided in the 84th minute to sub Saka for Maguire and picking for the most part, up to 4 RB's in his squad and insisting on playing with 2 holding midfielders and a back 3.

I'd give him the WC for sure. Too late now. FA should of got rid after Euros, but it is what it is.   

filham

Parker has not got much time now to get his stint at Spurs done before his England call up comes.

FFC1987

Quote from: filham on June 15, 2022, 11:06:08 AM
Parker has not got much time now to get his stint at Spurs done before his England call up comes.

Not being funny, but he doesn't even need a big club on his CV to get the England job. Nowadays, doing some badges and failing at Boro is enough. If he keeps Bournemouth up next season, I'd say he's more than qualified to be in line for the job. Not something I want of course.

Wolf

I only watched the second half, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Some great goals.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

fulhamfever

Quote from: Sammyffc on June 15, 2022, 07:03:12 AM

Possibly the best young team we have had for generations in attack but nah lets keep playing defensive.

Finally someone understands defensive did it against Croatia and Italy and we paid the price for that get him out.

blingo

How did he get the job in the first place?