watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2022/23

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 21, 2022, 02:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Wow, MS not a happy camper.  Doesn't bode well, FFC followers starting to get that uneasy feeling?????

Rambler

Quote from: Blawarmy on July 02, 2022, 05:17:09 PM
?t=nVjelOttmySfgecwlUOlEw&s=19

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Would anyone with a subscription mind posting the whole article?

SKSW6

Weird. Apparently fans complaining that we'd been slow to signing new players were about to have egg on their face as we're soon to announce 1 (one) signing soon.

Blawarmy

Quote from: hovewhite on July 02, 2022, 05:23:58 PM

feelings that sum up the general mood of fulham fans
This is the same story after every promotion and people are rightly fed up with it. 

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Rambler on July 02, 2022, 05:26:56 PM

Here you go.

https://archive.ph/kpNQ7

Somerset Fulham

Unusual that I say this of The Athletic but that is a total non-story with no direct quotes and a bucket load of assumptions.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 02, 2022, 05:36:17 PM

Here you go.

If this is Tony's job, then please can people stop defending him now. He's posting about wrestling every day and we've got a brilliant manager getting pissed off, as we've done next to nothing in the transfer market!

Chi_FFC

Not as upset by this as others are sure to be, but this does seem like a (well timed) shot across the bow of ownership. Might suggest to me that the stuff that came out yesterday wrt the Solomon deal are accurate and Marco is ticked and really wants to get this deal (which has been rumored for months) over the line, even if it means the Khan's spend a few extra pounds. The next week to 10 days are key, if we can get 3 to 4 KEY signings done in that time (and hopefully Marco's comments will aid in that effort) we'll be in fairly decent shape.

Rambler

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 02, 2022, 05:36:17 PM

Here you go.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Whitestone

Whether or not you think it's a non story it's a similar tale as in the past. It's not good enough and it's no surprise as I suspect the same incumbents are involved in the recruitment process. Perhaps the club should consider recruiting some new faces into the recruitment department, starting with a full time DOF.

JimmyConway

It's not the same as when Slavisa let loose with both barrels as he was quoted at the time. There is a slight similarity though to pre season recruitment campaign.
No excuses this time with timescale they have had for preparation.

WindyCity

Thx for posting the entire article.  Also interesting was the following:

""Four other players — Josh Onomah, Anthony Knockaert, Ivan Cavaleiro and Terence Kongolo — are not training with the squad. It is understood that Silva wants to keep them separate from the group as he does not see them as part of his Premier League plans. The club are known to be open to offers for three of the four: Onomah, Cavaleiro and Knockaert.""

Not sure I follow regards Kongolo.  Not in his PL plans?  Yet, not open to offers for him?

Tabby

Did a page inspect and dug out the following:

It is understood that he is unhappy at how the transfer window is unfolding so far, with only one deal all-but over the line, and he has conveyed those frustrations to the club hierarchy.

Silva is said to be upset that he returned to pre-season on June 29 to work with 10 outfield players, having given the board targets to pursue at the end of last season. He is thought to be expecting as many as 10 new faces this summer.

Four other players — Josh Onomah, Anthony Knockaert, Ivan Cavaleiro and Terence Kongolo — are not training with the squad. It is understood that Silva wants to keep them separate from the group as he does not see them as part of his Premier League plans. The club are known to be open to offers for three of the four: Onomah, Cavaleiro and Knockaert.

There are others set to return from their holidays to bolster those numbers in the coming days, with five more senior players due back next week.

Fulham have been pursuing a number of targets and, while they have not yet officially welcomed a new face to Craven Cottage, that is set to change imminently, with the signing of Joao Palhinha from Sporting Lisbon for €20 million (£17.2 million). He was due in London on Saturday for a medical. Palhinha, 26, is a Portugal international with Champions League experience and looks set to be a strong addition.

But there has been frustration around this transfer too. Silva thought he had persuaded Palhinha to sign three weeks ago but the deal was held up this week owing to a disagreement between the agents working on it.

Fulham have cast their net wide and have tried to aim high and sign players who would be able to move the dial for the club next season. They have been pursuing targets including left-back Luca Pellegrini at Juventus and centre-half Alessio Romagnoli of AC Milan, and have made inquiries about Manchester United centre-half Eric Bailly.

Last seasons Championship winners have had two offers rejected by Wolfsburg for right-back Kevin Mbabu after finding Liverpool's asking price for Neco Williams prohibitive. They are waiting to hear from Manchester Uniteds attacking midfielder Andreas Pereira after tabling an offer worth £8.6 million, rising to £11 million, while they are also in talks to sign Arsenal goalkeeper Bernd Leno.

It is known that the club are working hard to secure deals on a number of fronts as quickly as possible and they arent the only Premier League club yet to confirm a new signing this summer. Brentford havent yet confirmed senior signing and neither have Wolves, Manchester United, Chelsea and Leicester City.

But things do seem to be picking up elsewhere. Newly-promoted Nottingham Forest have made two new additions, Taiwo Awoniyi and Dean Henderson, this week and are close to three others. Bournemouth have added two to their squad — Joe Rothwell and Ryan Fredericks on free transfers. Last year's strugglers Leeds United have made three new additions and Everton one new signing, while Southampton have added three new players.
Fulham have also been pursuing Shakhtar Donetsk winger Manor Solomon for some time. However, that deal is now in the balance.
Fulham and Shakhtar had come close to agreeing a €7 million (£6 million) fee, with the player keen on the move, but the transfer was not fully finalised. It is thought the delay was tied to the uncertainty surrounding players based in Ukraine and latterly a FIFA ruling, made on June 21, that would extend the right of Ukraine-based foreign players to suspend their contracts until June 2023.

Solomon's move to Fulham now hangs in the balance
FIFA first announced temporary changes to employment rules in March following Russias invasion of Ukraine, in a move designed to allow players based in Ukraine and Russia to register with another club outside of a registration window. It was these rules that were extended for a further year, with the crucial added stipulation that clubs affected had until June 30 2022 to find mutual agreements with foreign players before they would be able to suspend their contracts. This essentially meant Shakhtar needed to conclude a deal before June 30, otherwise, an Israel international, could leave for free for a season.

Last month, Shakhtar's CEO Sergei Palkin told The Athletic this ruling meant that: "The power to decide on suspension of the contracts is now in the hands of players intention to save players and investments. We now basically have nine days to agree with our players their sale or loan to foreign clubs, which is just impossible."
With the agreement with Shakhtar not fully signed off, the negotiations with Fulham over Solomon were impacted by this ruling. Some at the Ukrainian club considered the negotiations to have been spoiled altogether at one point last week.

Following the ruling, Shakhtar had feared that they would see previous bids or agreements for players retracted by rival clubs who could use the FIFA ruling to sign players on free loan deals. Fulham declined to comment when asked whether they explored the possibility of a loan deal for Solomon instead.
Solomon's current contract runs until December 2023, and such a deal would have taken the midfielder into the final six months of his contract. It could also mean that Shakhtar would not receive a fee in the short term.

Silva remains frustrated and it is known that he had wanted to conclude Fulhams business as early as possible. After Fulham's final-day defeat by  he said: "In my opinion, it is a really important moment for this football club next season. We have to be proud of what we did this season, but it gives us more responsibility as well for next season. We have already started, but we start again from tomorrow. It's tough work for us, for me, for my staff to prepare ourselves, and to give a plan for our board and they have to work on it."
Fulham were promoted as champions from the second tier on April 19, a new departure for the club who in recent years have gone up via the play-offs. Fulham made a series of late transfers during their last stay in the Premier League, including Joachim Andersen and Tosin Adarabioyo, and while they had a transformative impact, they ultimately arrived after a poor start to the campaign.

Both Silva and director of football operations Tony Khan spoke of the value of having more time than ever before to mould the Fulham squad, and the advantage that could convey. The fear now will be that they are losing that advantage.

FFC1987

Not being funny, or too pessimistic, but not immediately addressing replacements for core members of our team, and improvements to CB with less than a month to settle and bed in, is shocking really come to think of it. Even the optimist in me is dwindling now.

Fulham 442

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 02, 2022, 05:46:46 PM
Not being funny, or too pessimistic, but not immediately addressing replacements for core members of our team, and improvements to CB with less than a month to settle and bed in, is shocking really come to think of it. Even the optimist in me is dwindling now.
Exactly how I am feeling sadly...

FFC1987

Quote from: Fulham 442 on July 02, 2022, 05:50:13 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 02, 2022, 05:46:46 PM
Exactly how I am feeling sadly...

I know a few on here would suggest I'm likely jumping the gun or being too hastey, but I'd love some calm words to how, as a manager of a team, having a weaker squad than you had when you won the league with less than a month to go is acceptable really? Only retort I can give to my own argument is, 4-5 additions by next week gives players a slightly less pre season to bond and gel, and 2 weeks tactical training to climatize to Silva's style of play BUT a lot has and should be said for losing Fabio (and knowing we would as far back as Jan or more) who is critical to our style, and not finding an adequate replacement for start of pre season is shocking really. Can't imagine an argument stating anything other.

Slaphead in Qatar

The athletic is usually reliable. So this story is worrying me. People say other clubs have not agreed many deals yet. The problem is we are the new boys and need far more decent replacements than other PL established clubs. We should have got a few over the line by now.

Matt10

Quote from: Chi_FFC on July 02, 2022, 05:41:17 PM
Not as upset by this as others are sure to be, but this does seem like a (well timed) shot across the bow of ownership. Might suggest to me that the stuff that came out yesterday wrt the Solomon deal are accurate and Marco is ticked and really wants to get this deal (which has been rumored for months) over the line, even if it means the Khan's spend a few extra pounds. The next week to 10 days are key, if we can get 3 to 4 KEY signings done in that time (and hopefully Marco's comments will aid in that effort) we'll be in fairly decent shape.

Think we're just paying the price for what we've done in previous seasons and is known as a yo-yo club. Agents know this and I am sure that is hiking up the tensions with talks of relegation clauses and whatnot.

July 1st just happened, and that is when other clubs got a better picture of where they stand. It's bound to cause a delay due to other interests, etc.

I'm also not that upset by any of this. Negotiations are going to be difficult for our club. That's the reality. The mistakes in the past seasons are coming back to haunt us. Acting entitled to something other than difficulty is just losing touch with reality. We are very lucky to have someone like Palhinha possibly signing soon, and we will be lucky to have additional interests afterwards.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Silva has walked in the past. Coukd he walk again if not satisfied?

PaulJ123

Non story - it's the 2nd July.

If Marcos leaked this, then that's really poor. Creates panic when they've been back for 2 days, internationals aren't even back yet.

Get Palhinha and a couple of others in this week and it's a good start to the window.