Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2022/23

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 21, 2022, 02:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

Quote from: SKSW6 on July 02, 2022, 05:29:23 PM
Quote from: Blawarmy on July 02, 2022, 05:17:09 PM
?t=nVjelOttmySfgecwlUOlEw&s=19

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Weird. Apparently fans complaining that we'd been slow to signing new players were about to have egg on their face as we're soon to announce 1 (one) signing soon.

Correct, cos it looks like we have signed one according to Palhinha himself

Maidstone Lee

Will be completed tomorrow! Will we announce it Sunday or Monday??
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

jayffc

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 02, 2022, 05:55:10 PM
The athletic is usually reliable. So this story is worrying me. People say other clubs have not agreed many deals yet. The problem is we are the new boys and need far more decent replacements than other PL established clubs. We should have got a few over the line by now.

Bournemouth have signed 2 half decent freebies...
Forest have signed 2 slightly better looking prospects but fairly inexperienced
looks like we've signed 1 champions league level player - (even if it's not been announced officially yet). Really not that desperate a situation yet

hovewhite

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on July 02, 2022, 09:58:34 PM

Will be completed tomorrow! Will we announce it Sunday or Monday??
this signing ,we are determined to stay up is the intent of FFC.

Caedal

Palhinha is legitimately one of the best DM's in the world. It's an incredible signing

PaulJ123

Quote from: jayffc on July 02, 2022, 10:00:03 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 02, 2022, 05:55:10 PM
The athletic is usually reliable. So this story is worrying me. People say other clubs have not agreed many deals yet. The problem is we are the new boys and need far more decent replacements than other PL established clubs. We should have got a few over the line by now.

Bournemouth have signed 2 half decent freebies...
Forest have signed 2 slightly better looking prospects but fairly inexperienced
looks like we've signed 1 champions league level player - (even if it's not been announced officially yet). Really not that desperate a situation yet

If we'd have signed Rothwell and Fredericks on a free, we'd be annoyed.

Forest seem to be moving quickly with some signings yes but like you say, they're more unknowns than what we appear to be after.

We really aren't in a bad place and if Marco is leaking this at all, it's really poor from him

zander

According to Trabzon outlet 61medya we revised our offer for Ugurcan Cakir to €20m which has been accepted.

https://www.61medya.com/ugurcan-cakir-ingiltere-yolcusu-teklifi-20-milyona-cikardilar/amp

Caedal

Isn't Cakir supposedly incredible? I've never seen him but he had a lot of buzz around him

Highest save percentage of any keeper in europe

b+w geezer

Quote from: Caedal on July 02, 2022, 10:49:49 PM
Isn't Cakir supposedly incredible? I've never seen him but he had a lot of buzz around him
Some astonishing saves on Youtube. Newcastle were interested but then bought Pope. Here's hoping.

jayffc

Cakir is very highly rated...although the last highly rated keeper we bought from Turkey didn't work out so well!

Seriously not messing around though are we 20m on palhinha ...20m on cakir...8 mil on Solomon (unless we can get him on a free loan)

Romagnoli, Cakir, Solomon, palhinha....what a set of transfers that would be ...fingers crossed

Aaron

YouTube videos would seem to suggest he has an annoying habit of making a great save but often seems to parry the ball right back into the box, risking the rebound.

Quite possibly the highlight reel is just cut that way because it watches better like that, but his handling is a little off to me.

roberto w6

Quote from: WindyCity on July 02, 2022, 05:46:00 PM
Thx for posting the entire article.  Also interesting was the following:

""Four other players — Josh Onomah, Anthony Knockaert, Ivan Cavaleiro and Terence Kongolo — are not training with the squad. It is understood that Silva wants to keep them separate from the group as he does not see them as part of his Premier League plans. The club are known to be open to offers for three of the four: Onomah, Cavaleiro and Knockaert.""

Not sure I follow regards Kongolo.  Not in his PL plans?  Yet, not open to offers for him?

I'm sure I saw Knockaert in the video of training posted on the club website a few days ago.
Does that mean the whole article is nonsense?
I'd never exclude these players from training if I was MS. Given the possibility that transfer deals may fall through, we may need to keep some/all of these players. They've all contributed well when in form so let's show them some respect - they're still part of the family and, speaking for myself, if they do leave and come back as visiting players for another club I'd stand up and give them a round of applause as they approach the Hammersmith End

Deeping_white

Quote from: roberto w6 on July 03, 2022, 01:12:16 AM

""Four other players — Josh Onomah, Anthony Knockaert, Ivan Cavaleiro and Terence Kongolo — are not training with the squad. It is understood that Silva wants to keep them separate from the group as he does not see them as part of his Premier League plans. The club are known to be open to offers for three of the four: Onomah, Cavaleiro and Knockaert.""

Not sure I follow regards Kongolo.  Not in his PL plans?  Yet, not open to offers for him?

I'm sure I saw Knockaert in the video of training posted on the club website a few days ago.
I'd never exclude these players from training if I was MS. Given the possibility that transfer deals may fall through, we may need to keep some/all of these players. They've all contributed well when in form so let's show them some respect - they're still part of the family and, speaking for myself, if they do leave and come back as visiting players for another club I'd stand up and give them a round of applause as they approach the Hammersmith End

All of the players apparently allegedly cast away from the main group have all been on video training with the "first team" which is why I think the whole article struggles to maintain any authenticity when it's quite easily contradicted by information freely available that's less than 48 hours old

Matt10

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 03, 2022, 01:15:29 AM

All of the players apparently allegedly cast away from the main group have all been on video training with the "first team" which is why I think the whole article struggles to maintain any authenticity when it's quite easily contradicted by information freely available that's less than 48 hours old

Not sure, but if you see the Back to the Grass video, none of the 4: Knockaert, Kongolo, Cav and Onomah are taking part. Yes, some of them were in the video before First Day Back video - which looks to be just fitness/form number taking for record purposes.

First Day Back video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTvYvM6UAl8

Back to the Grass video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05-dOSKiXiw

I would say the article is more up to date and more accurate as the back-to-grass video seems to imply those are the outfield players at Silva's disposal.

RaySmith

Quote from: Matt10 on July 03, 2022, 03:39:59 AM
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 03, 2022, 01:15:29 AM

Not sure, but if you see the Back to the Grass video, none of the 4: Knockaert, Kongolo, Cav and Onomah are taking part. Yes, some of them were in the video before First Day Back video - which looks to be just fitness/form number taking for record purposes.

First Day Back video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTvYvM6UAl8

Back to the Grass video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05-dOSKiXiw

I would say the article is more up to date and more accurate as the back-to-grass video seems to imply those are the outfield players at Silva's disposal.

Agree, Matt - when I saw  Knock in the first vid I felt sorry for him, greeting other players and with a smile on his face, and having to undergo these very rigorous  fitness assessments, while  knowing that he wouldn't be featuring as part of the team, although the announcement hadn't then been made that he and a few others would be training separately.

But I didn't see him in the second vid of the players  in training, nor others I thought I recognized in the first vid, like Kongolo and Onomha.

hovewhite

If as the story states Marco only has been training a pool of 10 players then you have to keep the likes of kongolo in the mix to at least asses there involvement.

rebel

Knockaert (inconsistent, no variation to his game), Kongolo (played twice since signing), Cav (inconsistent, no variation to his game) and Onomah (a lot of attributes, but doesn't use them consistently). Add Chalobah, (gives away a lot of needless free kicks, I'm not sure what he does).

AJW48361

Hoppus

Fulham transfers @ Twitter:

«  @Record_Portugal is reporting this morning that #Fulham #Forest and #Fenerbahce are in a 3 way battle for #SportingCP left back Ruben #Vinagre.»

rebel