watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

newspaper reporting on football...??

Started by jarv, June 23, 2022, 08:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

I check a couple of proper papers (online). not the rags that make stuff up. I am getting frustrated with reporting only seems to exist following Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City. Why not other teams ?  I don't want read about the top 5 or 6 constantly, I have no interest in them. It seems to me the papers used to spread the load a bit more. I think we all know there are many topics of interest worth reporting throughout the league, not just Fulham.  I recall, many years ago when in the 3rd division, the Sunday Times carried a detailed weekly report on Fulham's progress to promotion. Barret, Earle and Conway were leading the way. OK, I am biased but I would rather read the occasional report on the likes of Forest, Bournemouth, Sunderland, Crawley town etc. 

FFC In Oz

Do you read The Athletic?

Peter Rutzler does a decent job covering Fulham.  Quality recent article outlining the passing patterns that we used last year in a "2-4-4" formation.

It's great if you follow any American sports too.

bog

This focus is rife throughout the media. MOTD is top heavy each week with the top six and Football Focus does not focus on football but the mainly the Premier League.

092.gif 

fulhamfan

no need to read papers anymore. its old news by the time you get it and a lot of it is shite.( The Sun and Daily Mail especially) . plenty of fulham related content online

filham

TV and the big six rule football.

Oh , how I wish someone outside of the big six would top the table.

Lambo

Quote from: jarv on June 23, 2022, 08:30:38 AM
I check a couple of proper papers (online). not the rags that make stuff up. I am getting frustrated with reporting only seems to exist following Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City.

Welcome to the over hyped world of the Premier League, media fall into the trap of supply and demand. What is going to get the higher readership, unfortunately the brands with the worldwide fan base are going to attract more readership.

SG

Quote from: jarv on June 23, 2022, 08:30:38 AM
I check a couple of proper papers (online). not the rags that make stuff up. I am getting frustrated with reporting only seems to exist following Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City. Why not other teams ?  I don't want read about the top 5 or 6 constantly, I have no interest in them. It seems to me the papers used to spread the load a bit more. I think we all know there are many topics of interest worth reporting throughout the league, not just Fulham.  I recall, many years ago when in the 3rd division, the Sunday Times carried a detailed weekly report on Fulham's progress to promotion. Barret, Earle and Conway were leading the way. OK, I am biased but I would rather read the occasional report on the likes of Forest, Bournemouth, Sunderland, Crawley town etc. 

I download the Times online and the football coverage is almost always the top six. It bores me rigid so much now I scroll through those pages

Andy S

Why worry as soon as any real news happens it will be reported by everyone. Clubs keep real news close to their chest. They don't spread it around. Journalists are desperate for stories like the rest of us at this time but agents only tell the press anything if it is in their interests

bog

Quote from: filham on June 23, 2022, 09:30:33 AM
TV and the big six rule football.

That is why Leicester City will always have my respect.  :54:

ALG01

This is a favourite topic of mine and become a self fulfilling prophesy so to speak. The more the media concentrate on a few 'bigger teams' the boigger they get and the less interest is generated in the smaller clubs.

the race for promotion in league two last season was amazing but barely was covered in main stream media. If they would have reported it then the interest would have rampped up. the race for the titel that forsest green finally won was tense and nail biting as they nearly threw away a massive adavantage, then the play offs with sutton losing out on the last day was all pure theatre... but mainstream media ignored it.

MOTD used to better when there was a mix of higher and lower leagues... it is all about m9oney and nothing to do with sport.  I used to say if fulham won the champions league, it would still take second billing to manchester united's interest in buying a dutch winger in the media.

Huxley

Its all governed by clicks and advertising money. Not just the domestic market but mainly the worldwide market... China, Korea, African countries are huge followers of top 6 (7) teams. Why put resources in for little or no return. Also it's much easier "journalism" top copy and reword someone else's story.

Lighthouse

First of all if you look online at Newspapers then they are only interested in clicks. They want people to read them so they are only going to report on the most popular clubs. News papers are really dead as news or Sports news is concerned. On Line dedicated news outlets are better but again they are interested in clicks and want to attract the big numbers. So will concentrate on the big clubs.

The same everywhere and for everything. One needs a cross section of printed and on line media to have the best chance of seeing the true information on sport and news.

One has to look to find the best on line through the muck.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Andy S

It's easy to make your protest just email the editor of the papers concerned and tell them why you will no longer be buying it. To be honest the reports might be bigger in the prem but they don't say any more.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

[/quote]

That is why Leicester City will always have my respect. 

100% agree
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES