watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Harrison Reed

Started by Southcoastffc, June 22, 2022, 05:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Interesting snippet on BBC about Harrison and a few other (mainly ex Southampton)  fooballers
Our modern-day professionals seem to have shunned it fully as in their time off, Leicester City's James Maddison, Fulham's Harrison Reed, Aston Villa's Calum Chambers, and Liverpool duo Jordan Henderson and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have been working out as a group at a complex in Portugal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/fulham
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Jims Dentist

Typical of Harrison's professionalism.
Lets hope he doesn't burn himself out though.

Bassey the warrior

We need players like Reed in the dressing room as good team players and role models, regardless of whether he's a regular or not next season.

southwest6

Good on them. Obviously no problem with footballers taking a break, but this sort of professionalism is great to see. A footballers career is incredibly short - best to make the best of it and give yourself the best chance in performing at the highest level for as long as you can. If you turn out to be a semi-decent footballer, you'll have all the cash and time to go on holidays the moment you retire. God, I wish I was a pro footballer!!!!

S.F.Sorrow

That level of professionalism is the reason Reed can be an important player for us in the Premier League even though his technical ability as a footballer isn't up there with the best. He knows he will have to fight for a place in the starting 11 and he's willing to do it. :54:

roberto w6

I thought he was one of our better players in the Premier last time. I had him as Man of the Match on quite a few occasions.

In fact, he was a lot better and more imposing than he has been this season. Let's hope he shows himself to be one of those players who is better suited to the Premier than the Championship. Whoever we sign in midfield, I can see Harrison challenging for the deep position (I think they call it no.6 now although to me that number relates to central defence) and making that position his own if he builds upon how he performed in our last Premier campaign.

As others have said, a great guy to have on our books.

RaySmith

Good on him, great attitude.

I think these days the players have to maintain a certain level of fitness  during the break, and are weighed and tested when they return.

It's in their own advantage to do it anyway, with such competition for  places in the  team - and the great rewards also.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: roberto w6 on June 23, 2022, 07:44:39 AM
I thought he was one of our better players in the Premier last time. I had him as Man of the Match on quite a few occasions.

In fact, he was a lot better and more imposing than he has been this season. Let's hope he shows himself to be one of those players who is better suited to the Premier than the Championship. Whoever we sign in midfield, I can see Harrison challenging for the deep position (I think they call it no.6 now although to me that number relates to central defence) and making that position his own if he builds upon how he performed in our last Premier campaign.

Agreed, but I also think the more defensive role he had under Parker was a better match for his abilities. Of course we don't know Silva's tactics for the Premier League yet. We will certainly be under more pressure and if Reed is given a more defensive role than last season he could be a very important player for us. He's not the type of player that will stand out when we're dominating games, like we often did in the Championship.

bencher

Quote from: roberto w6 on June 23, 2022, 07:44:39 AM

I think he fit better into Parker's concept of how the team should play; under Silva he was expected to become a more dynamic midfielder, when his strength is being a win the ball back and play it safe type. The transfer targets we have been linked with in CM imply to me that Reed will not be a starter next season.

filham

Just hope that whatever Reed is doing in the summer will ensure he is fully fit for the football season. I am sure we will need his services  during the season even if only from the bench.
Right now our midfield is a problem area with only Reed and Cairney as possible candidates available for places and their fitness levels were not great last season.