watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Attacking Midfield

Started by Cookie6262, June 23, 2022, 05:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie6262

With Carvalho gone we really do need an attacking midfielder / No.10 to replace him but there have been very few links ( surely Solomon is a left winger) do we think Silva may be looking at Stansfield or Harris to get some game time?

FFC1987

Quote from: Cookie6262 on June 23, 2022, 05:23:39 PM
With Carvalho gone we really do need an attacking midfielder / No.10 to replace him but there have been very few links ( surely Solomon is a left winger) do we think Silva may be looking at Stansfield or Harris to get some game time?
At the moment, I can only guess that Reid and Wilson more central will be used.

filham

Right now our team improvement is negative because of Carvalho leaving and I suspect we are not going to find an equivalent replacement. the  attcking streng will have to be made up with improvements in other places as well as in Carvalho's position.

MikeTheCubed

Think we need an attacker with 'blistering' pace. We have plenty who are nippy but unlikely to get in behind against most top-flight sides.

I hope that the extra 2 places on the bench will be conducive to the inclusion of youngsters, in my opinion being a 'home grown' young player should have been a condition for taking advantage of this extension.

bencher

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on June 23, 2022, 09:44:10 PM
Think we need an attacker with 'blistering' pace. We have plenty who are nippy but unlikely to get in behind against most top-flight sides.

I hope that the extra 2 places on the bench will be conducive to the inclusion of youngsters, in my opinion being a 'home grown' young player should have been a condition for taking advantage of this extension.

Is anyone trying to pinch Ismaila Sarr from Watford? He would be handy.

rebel

Staying up and doing something more, we need creativity, a midfield that breaks quick, but also supports the attack. 

filham

As yet we have no idea what our attack is going to look like, without Carvalho and his pace I suspect that Silva's tactics may change. Just hope the flow of goals doesn't dry up.