Main Menu

FFC Transfer Policy Dicussion/Comments - Merged

Started by howitis, June 30, 2022, 10:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 21, 2022, 07:15:47 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 21, 2022, 07:10:30 PM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on July 21, 2022, 07:02:58 PM
We have more than a month left in the window, but it's not unfair at this point to say this summer has been shambolic given reasonable expectations.

Not even compared to expectations. Now Forest have got Lingard done early, I think its safe to say, i'd contemplate taking a backseat to Fulham whilst TK is still DoF. We keep hearing how difficult things are yet Forest have signed a completely new squad in the same time we've managed to sign less players than we've released/sold. Utter shambles of a club and at this point, I hope Silva walks as he deserves way better after last season.

Forest are like Fulham on our first promotion. Forced into signing some names that in the end were useless. But a few were ok. But with all this constant talk of Forest may I suggest we change the site to Friends of Forest. They get more positive feedback than Fulham do on these pages.

Yes, good point, very well done. Maybe, just maybe, people comment on Forest because they show a lot of parallels to us in previous years and how we should be ahead of them in terms preparing a squad and giving a manager the tools he needs to be ready, with no excuses come the start of the season. Yet here we are, having won the league, with a weaker squad than we ended the season with.  Go figure.

Jims Dentist

We have more than a month left in the window, but it's not unfair at this point to say this summer has been shambolic given reasonable expectations.

Not even compared to expectations. Now Forest have got Lingard done early, I think its safe to say, i'd contemplate taking a backseat to Fulham whilst TK is still DoF. We keep hearing how difficult things are yet Forest have signed a completely new squad in the same time we've managed to sign less players than we've released/sold. Utter shambles of a club and at this point, I hope Silva walks as he deserves way better after last season.

Forest are like Fulham on our first promotion. Forced into signing some names that in the end were useless. But a few were ok. But with all this constant talk of Forest may I suggest we change the site to Friends of Forest. They get more positive feedback than Fulham do on these pages.
Well yes, they have been a lot more positive.
Sometimes the truth hurts.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: FFC1987 link=topic=867quote author=Lighthouse link=topic=86744.msg1352679#msg1352679 date=1658427347]

I don't care about Forest. I do care about Fulham having had 3+ months of knowledge that they'd be in the PL this season, and to this point, has replaced Carvalho and Cairney in the starting XI with Palhinha and (assumedly) Pereira. Solomon likely will start over Kebano, but maybe not in the opener. Mbabu looks like he's coming, but I don't see him as any kind of upgrade over healthy Tete.

How is this acceptable? The Championship side was miles off being competitive in the Prem. Are we even better at this point? Most people on here thought we needed 5-6 new quality starters to have a chance of staying up this season, and we're barely +1 net at this point.

MickTheBeard

Sergio is no improvement on rodak. And Barkley has been a flop at Chelsea why pay loan fee and high wages for another failure .He's another loftus cheek, if more crap comes out the club I'll loan my season ticket to Man U , Liverpool and nottingham forest etc,the club stinks of failure.

Arthur

Quote from: Twig on July 21, 2022, 04:52:02 PM
Quote from: Arthur on July 21, 2022, 04:17:30 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 21, 2022, 01:43:22 PM
I think it's a fair point. Even if one was Solomon, where is the other one who was "very close"?  I understand it's not always easy to get signings over the line but why promise us two are very close with minor formalities only to have made no announcements a full week later? Kind of whiffs of PR BS but I still think Shad is better than that.

Could have been Diop. Rumour has it we had a deal in place, only for Moyes to have a sudden change of heart and insist on putting the brakes on.

That was hardly an outstanding minor formality was it!

The minor formality might have been Diop passing his medical. At the time Khan spoke, every other aspect of the deal may have been agreed.

b+w geezer

Forest are careable about as a relegation rival, and they have been quicker to seal deals. A bit vexing.

They made much lower losses than us in previous seasons (over £110 million less in the last two published accounts) implying more leeway to spend this window under FFP rules. Suppose this is one factor.

PaulJ123

Sergio is an improvement on Rodak, just not much of one.

Barkley has been linked by one pretty tenuous link and regardless, you get Barkley firing and interested, he'd be our best midfielder.

It's easy to bash (though no need for a new thread about it) but these aren't reasons to. The lack of CBs for me is what is most concerning.

LC

Quote from: PaulJ123 on July 21, 2022, 09:40:42 PM
Sergio is an improvement on Rodak, just not much of one.

Barkley has been linked by one pretty tenuous link and regardless, you get Barkley firing and interested, he'd be our best midfielder.

It's easy to bash (though no need for a new thread about it) but these aren't reasons to. The lack of CBs for me is what is most concerning.

But is it really worth replacing Rodak for Rico? I'm on the fence, I'd rather have continuity if the alternative isn't a significant upgrade. I'll trust the management on this decision

toshes mate

Quote from: Denver Fulham on July 21, 2022, 07:53:40 PM
I don't care about Forest. I do care about Fulham having had 3+ months of knowledge that they'd be in the PL this season, and to this point, has replaced Carvalho and Cairney in the starting XI with Palhinha and (assumedly) Pereira. Solomon likely will start over Kebano, but maybe not in the opener. Mbabu looks like he's coming, but I don't see him as any kind of upgrade over healthy Tete.

How is this acceptable? The Championship side was miles off being competitive in the Prem. Are we even better at this point? Most people on here thought we needed 5-6 new quality starters to have a chance of staying up this season, and we're barely +1 net at this point.
Much has been made on here of the assertion that the play-offs are a liability impacting upon transfer dealings.  Forest seem not to have heard about that issue, or maybe they have just redoubled their efforts not to pass up the opportunity a seemingly fortuitous Wembley win has offered them.  It seems we are getting people over the line but not quickly enough or with the certainty and urgency some on here seem to believe is needed.

FFC has made lots of mistakes with Khan Jnr handling recruitment but I hope the Parker, Onomah, Knockaert, Cavaleiro & All experience has not gone over his head as he reassesses his relationships in English football.   He can still come good if he wants to and is brave enough.

StuinSalop

It does seem to me that we are fighting to stay within FFP, looking for good deals but prepared to spend if the players value is good.  We have spent £34M on Wilson, Palhinha and Pierre but refused to go to £17M for Williams, £20M for Diop and £12M for Leno.

We clearly want first team ready players but can't spend big so it's been a tough challenge.

What I don't understand are the Premier league rules on FFP other than you get hit at EURO level.  I do understand the Football League rules, so have to assume we are worries about what happens if we are again relegated.

Can anyone explain the FFP rules and consequences in the Prem?

rebel

Quote from: StuinSalop on July 22, 2022, 08:57:00 AM
It does seem to me that we are fighting to stay within FFP, looking for good deals but prepared to spend if the players value is good.  We have spent £34M on Wilson, Palhinha and Pierre but refused to go to £17M for Williams, £20M for Diop and £12M for Leno.

We clearly want first team ready players but can't spend big so it's been a tough challenge.

What I don't understand are the Premier league rules on FFP other than you get hit at EURO level.  I do understand the Football League rules, so have to assume we are worries about what happens if we are again relegated.

Can anyone explain the FFP rules and consequences in the Prem?

Diop and Leno has a year left on their contracts, so those valuations are ridiculous.

bill taylors apprentice

We seem to be looking at the right kind of players this time around but the whole process is taking too long.

I fully accept that we must be careful in how much we pay and that good players will need persuading and that will cause delays or even failures.
But unless there is an influx of the right quality players in the next few days (unlikely) we are making life very difficult for ourselves.

TK is a control freak and insists on being hands on in all his projects so is he an arse at negotiating or do those doing the negotiating on his behalf have to defer every thing to him before anything can be agreed?
Whatever it is there's clearly a failure to get things done effectively.

clarkey

Rico is a terrible idea as is Barkley

We have had three months to sort this window out and it has been a disaster

FFC1987

Quote from: clarkey on July 22, 2022, 09:35:39 AM
Rico is a terrible idea as is Barkley

We have had three months to sort this window out and it has been a disaster

If Barkley is the signing that comes after our squad is already complete and he's the glossy finish to the window transfer, I'm not totally against it. Attitude questions aside, he could be a real force in that Fabio role for us if he's handled well. That said, if hes the last minute transfer to save the shambles of a squad we currently have, TK needs to be held accountable and bring in football people to show him why pre seasons and early signings are vital for both squad and coaches.

The Old Count

Quote from: toshes mate on July 22, 2022, 08:32:25 AM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on July 21, 2022, 07:53:40 PM

Much has been made on here of the assertion that the play-offs are a liability impacting upon transfer dealings.  Forest seem not to have heard about that issue, or maybe they have just redoubled their efforts not to pass up the opportunity a seemingly fortuitous Wembley win has offered them.  It seems we are getting people over the line but not quickly enough or with the certainty and urgency some on here seem to believe is needed.

FFC has made lots of mistakes with Khan Jnr handling recruitment but I hope the Parker, Onomah, Knockaert, Cavaleiro & All experience has not gone over his head as he reassesses his relationships in English football.   He can still come good if he wants to and is brave enough.

Balanced, thoughtful and absolutely correct assessment from TM as usual. Perhaps the assertion that the playoffs are as much of a liability as believed and getting business done early is essential rather than preferable warrants discussion.

Classic94

Another week. No signings or as much as a CB rumour. I really am very worried now, unless things miraculously pick up next week.

FFC1987

Fingers crossed for a saturday signing.....