https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFC Transfer Policy Dicussion/Comments - Merged

Started by howitis, June 30, 2022, 10:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitestone

Quote from: Blawarmy on July 01, 2022, 10:04:48 PM
Quote from: filham on July 01, 2022, 09:54:04 PM
The big question is how long is Silva going to need to get say 4 new players bedded in and with the new squad workng together as a good team.
There are 5 weeks now to the first match but the first friendly is but 2 weeks away and I would think Silva must have his team in place by that date at the latest.
I think we can now finally put to bed the excuse that winning the playoffs was the reason why our recruitment was so slow before.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

I think you make a good point, but of course the naysayers will say you you're  talking bo**ocks, the season doesn't start until 6 August, we have plenty of time. As a promoted side we are already at a disadvantage. Whilst I don't care about the other promoted sides and their business I'm getting a little concerned about our lack of activity so far and I suspect the naysayers are too, but they probably won't admit it publicly.

cookieg

Quote from: Nero on July 01, 2022, 07:01:00 PM
Quote from: cookieg on July 01, 2022, 06:22:49 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 01, 2022, 04:35:14 PM
Oh God why are we the last to have our squad finalised? Oh why are our owners the only ones to not buy everybody we wont? Why is it that when we do bring is somebody they will be rubbish? Why is the same thing said every year?

And don't get me started on the kit!

Kit could be down to Addidas, saw an article the other day about the Leeds kit be delayed due to supply chain issue Addidas are having

And we have also only just agreed another season with World Mobile so there are many reasons why we haven't released our kit but it's just one of those things that people love to moan about.

MartyFFC

There are 9 PL teams, including ourselves; that have yet to spend a single penny. I'm confident we'll have 2 or 3 in by the time we head to Portugal......

toshes mate

Do you remember back in May when we finally reached the magic points total and people cheered and celebrated?   Do you remember in 2019 and 2021 that we claimed it was the play off routine that set us back at the beginning of each PL season?  Do you remember those who suggested it could be a recruitment issue down to an inexperienced DoF as some have been saying since 2016?   It's a bit early to make judgements about 2022's PL start but theory suggests that when there is a weak spot in a side, a person who keeps making mistakes and blocking opportunities these same people call for the culprit to be replaced. 

Is that logic to be extended to our owners who are free to do exactly what they want because it is their money we are talking about?   I am sure both Shahid Khan and Tony Khan do the best they can to nurture the Club they own and love and that love is as unconditional as ours should be. 

Patience is a virtue and there's a way to go before a ball is kicked let alone the end of the season.

junior white

I am not going to bash anyone or praise anyone, but in the Solomon case i have a little sympathy as i think it is a rock and a hard place.

It FIFA are going to say players playing in Ukraine can leave without a fee as contracts are cancelled, then if we signed him for a fee the day before or week before or just before this announcement in any way people will say they should have waited, if we wait and they dont make the announcement and he signs elsewhere then some will say should have just paid the fee.

personally for me if FIFA do make that announcement it is very harsh on the clubs who paid money and salaries to these players, and that could end those clubs in some ways.

But in the Solomon case i do have some sympathy and understanding.

Stevieboy

Sadly today's world is full of sensational headline readers who can't wait to find fault and get busy on the keyboard. The media know this and more often than not cover themselves within the report, that these keyboard wielders never bother to read!!

Snibbo

Quote from: ffc_forever on July 01, 2022, 01:46:30 PM
Acting more like Steptoe and Son than Daniel Levy !

Trying to penny pinch and get a cheaper deal

Give it a rest mate, or maybe go support another club whose owners you prefer, if you can find one. Sounds like Brentford might be your cup of tea

clarkey

I think it is crazy how defensive, and frankly rude, some of our posters are to fans on here simply voicing concerns that we have yet to sign anyone.
Forest have two good names added to their squad and they came up via the play-offs. So they have done better than us.

The point is the sooner you have the squad improved the better it is. That is undeniable.

There is no virtue in adding a few random names close to the season's start in the hope it is a bit cheaper.

Silva must have had a long list ready back in April. That is his style, he is prepared and thinks it through. But we have yet to add one name. Time to do so is this week.

Riversider

Threads like this on this forum, and there have been many, are going to appear somewhat embarrassing in a couple of weeks 😳
Enjoy Le Tour, or the Tennis or even F1 (if you must)
But most of all enjoy the summer and relax.

cookieg

Quote from: clarkey on July 02, 2022, 04:28:06 PM
I think it is crazy how defensive, and frankly rude, some of our posters are to fans on here simply voicing concerns that we have yet to sign anyone.
Forest have two good names added to their squad and they came up via the play-offs. So they have done better than us.

The point is the sooner you have the squad improved the better it is. That is undeniable.

There is no virtue in adding a few random names close to the season's start in the hope it is a bit cheaper.

Silva must have had a long list ready back in April. That is his style, he is prepared and thinks it through. But we have yet to add one name. Time to do so is this week.

I find it crazy how people are so quick to criticise the club when they know absolutely bugger all about what is going on at the club, what players Silva actually wants, what players we are in talks with etc etc etc.

EN1 FFC

We're waiting for Ethel the Tea Lady to come back off holiday to OK the signings.
Look out for her plane landing at Farnborough next Monday.  :dft003:

cookieg

Quote from: EN1 FFC on July 02, 2022, 04:41:59 PM
We're waiting for Ethel the Tea Lady to come back off holiday to OK the signings.
Look out for her plane landing at Farnborough next Monday.  :dft003:

Perhaps she is the one that crosses the teas on any deal.

Dunstable Fulham

I understand the frustration given recent history but I think some of us are panicking too soon. Let's see where we are in 3 weeks time. I would have expected at least 4 quality signings by then if we are going to have a decent chance of a positive start.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Stevieboy on July 02, 2022, 09:37:24 AM
Sadly today's world is full of sensational headline readers who can't wait to find fault and get busy on the keyboard. The media know this and more often than not cover themselves within the report, that these keyboard wielders never bother to read!!

:plus one:

rebel

According to the media, Silva is worried about the lack of 'traction' in the Transfer Window.
He only has 10 players to work with.

Classic94

Quote from: cookieg on July 02, 2022, 04:39:18 PM

I find it crazy how people are so quick to criticise the club when they know absolutely bugger all about what is going on at the club, what players Silva actually wants, what players we are in talks with etc etc etc.

We were promoted in April and have yet to sign a player.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: rebel on July 02, 2022, 08:47:09 PM
According to the media, Silva is worried about the lack of 'traction' in the Transfer Window.
He only has 10 players to work with.

Not true at this point.

Its a piece from The Athletic which isn't up to their usual standards to be honest.  There is a link to it in the transfer thread.

Woolly Mammoth

I have been informed by my personal crack intelligence unit that Portuguese International Joao Palhinha 6ft 3in Defensive Midfielder on his way to Fulham for €18m plus add ons.
Sporting and Fulham have agreed terms. Contract to be signed and subject to a medical and personal terms. 
Please tell me i have been informed correctly.
Or am i well behind with this information, as the final deal including add ons amount to €22m and the signing of contracts are imminent.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

cookieg

Quote from: Classic94 on July 02, 2022, 09:29:46 PM
Quote from: cookieg on July 02, 2022, 04:39:18 PM

We were promoted in April and have yet to sign a player.

Given that the window has only just opened we weren't likely to sign anyone in May we're we?