more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 02/07/22...

Started by WhiteJC, July 02, 2022, 12:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Marco Silva 'drooling' for Fulham target – Player 'forwarded' to Whites move

On Thursday, we covered quotes from Andreas Pereira talking about his love for Flamengo and his wish to continue playing for the Brazilian side.

The midfielder theoretically played his final game for the club on Wednesday, and when speaking to the media, he claimed it's Manchester United who will have the final decision on his future.

Several reports have been claiming Fulham have an agreement with the Red Devils for the transfer, and that only decreases any chance Flamengo would have to keep him.

The Rio de Janeiro side are still trying, according to the latest report from Thiago Asmar (via Bola Vip). On YouTube, the journalist claims to have spoken to a source who told him there's a late attempt, but the agreement with Fulham is very close, with Marco Silva having a big desire to count on the player.

Asmar claims the source told him about Flamengo's chances: "Thiago, to be honest, I don't think there is. Flamengo have no feeling from Manchester United, he's very forwarded to Fulham. The coach seems to be drooling for Andreas."

He asked again if Flamengo are still trying, and the source said: "I don't know they tried yesterday, but it looks like they're still trying, I don't think it will work."

The reason Flamengo have no respect from Manchester United is that they already had a buying option to sign the player for €20m and still negotiated with the Red Devils for a discount to do business at €10m. Still, they did not conclude the deal, and are now unlikely to find a better agreement.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/marco-silva-drooling-fulham-target-player-forwarded-whites-move/

WhiteJC

Club bid farewell as Crystal Palace and Fulham target plays his last game

Flamengo have bid farewell to Fulham and Crystal Palace target Andreas Pereira as the Manchester United loanee returns to the Premier League, as reported by O Dia.

Not that the once-capped Brazil international is particularly thrilled about the prospect of clearing out his locker and boarding a long-haul flight back across The Atlantic.

Pereira has made no secret of his desire to stay put and stay at Flamengo. Those hopes went up in smoke some time ago, however, after the Red and Blacks attempted to change the terms of a deal with United and snatch the 26-year-old on a reduced fee.

"Regardless of anything, it is important to note Andreas' determination, character and dignity," says Flamengo's Vice President Rodrigo Dunshee after Pereira signed off with a stunning long-range strike in this week's 1-0 Copa Libertadores victory over Deportes Tolima.

"He delivered until the last minute, showing greatest dedication and commitment to the club and the fans."

This feels very much like a farewell.

Fulham and Crystal Palace target Andreas Pereira returning to England

According to Brazilian reporter Jorge Nicola, Fulham have had an initial £9 million bid accepted by Manchester United. Pereira has not pulled on that iconic red shirt since the 2019/20 season. And he will fall even further down the pecking order once Frenkie de Jong arrives from Barcelona.

Crystal Palace are also interested, per Extra. Pereira could forge a new-look central midfield partnership alongside the more physical Cheick Doucoure under Patrick Vieira at Selhurst Park.

He would seemingly fulfil a similar role at Fulham, alongside the 6ft 4ins ball-winner Joao Palhinha.

There is one man, however, who believes Flamengo might have dodged a bullet as the popular loanee slips through their fingers. 

"Andreas is not a player who makes the difference," says reporter Mauro Cezar Pereira on his YouTube channel. "He's a good player but he's not a guy who dominates the midfield and makes a big difference."

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/07/01/club-bid-farewell-as-crystal-palace-and-fulham-target-plays-his-last-game/

WhiteJC

'Very happy': Player once valued at £51m tipped for bargain Fulham move

Fulham will pull off a coup when Joao Palhinha moves to the Premier League outfit for just £18 million, former Sporting Lisbon ace Fernando Mendes tells CMTV, translated by Leonino.

Less than 12 months ago, the-then Portuguese champions had Palhinha's suitors running for the hills after making it clear that the 6ft 4ins midfield maestro would not be going anywhere for a penny less than £50 million.

So while £18 million is hardly the sort of sum you'd find down the back of the sofa, the feeling is that Fulham are about to snatch a bargain that would make Tim Wonnacott's head spin – even if the Portugal international is set to become the joint-third most expensive player in the Cottagers' history.

"Last season, there was an opportunity to sell Palhinha for a bigger fee," says Mendes. "But Sporting wanted to keep the player.

"I think it's a low sum, from what I've seen. He was an important player for Sporting but I want him to be very happy at the new club."

Fulham should finally sign Sporting Lisbon's Joao Palhinha soon

Danny Murphy, the former Fulham skipper, describes Palhinha's transfer fee as a 'steal'. And that £18 million should look very well spent. Especially if the one-time Tottenham Hotspur target proves to be the difference between survival and relegation, with Marco Silva's side looking to avoid a repeat of 2019 and 2021.

"I've seen him play for Portugal," Murphy, who captained Fulham in their Europa League final defeat to Atletico Madrid back in 2010, tells talkSPORT.  "And, I tell you what, I was really impressed with him.

"This looks like a steal!" 

Palhinha was expected to finally bring an end to a drawn out transfer saga this week. But there is still one obstacle that must be overcome first. According to The Sun, a dispute between the agents involved in the deal are holding up the transfer.

Though, with Palhinha agreeing a four-year deal worth £40,000-a-week some time ago, that feels like a mere pothole in the road.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/07/01/very-happy-player-once-valued-at-51m-tipped-for-bargain-fulham-move/

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

Why we shouldn't slate Fabio Carvalho

Today's the day Fulham fans probably prayed wouldn't materialise. Fabio Carvalho's long written about and protracted transfer to Liverpool becomes official. The twinkle-toed attacking midfielder, a bundle of energy, always seemed like a young man in a hurry ever since he slotted seamlessly into Marco Silva's side last summer and – should he avoid injuries – appears destined for the very top. Carvalho might be quiet off the field, but he has a steely determination to make the best of his prodigious talent (he wasn't joking when he spoke about winning the Ballon d'Or in an academy interview with the Fulham programme) – and I, for one, he does it all.

Carvalho's departure triggered another round of recriminations amongst the Fulham faithful about why the club can't keep hold of the best talent produced by our Category One academy. The loss of a prospect as peerless as the little Portuguese starlet for a pittance might be grievous, but last year's reorganisation of the youth structure at Motspur Park was designed to strengthen the pathway from Steve Wigley's all-conquering under-23 side to the first team – and the success of skipper Sonny Hilton, who has gone straight from signing a new contract after lifting the Johnny Haynes Trophy to a season-long loan at Carlisle United, as well as Jay Stansfield's refusal to countenance offers from rival London clubs and commit to Fulham shows that approach is already baring fruit.

Carvalho's eye-catching development since breaking into Fulham's under 18 side as a fifteen year old meant he was coveted across continental Europe long before he was handed a Premier League debut. He scored a hat-trick on his first start for Wigley's under 18 side against Reading at Motspur Park and, following several sensational performances, quickly established himself as a creative force with the maturity and technical ability to shine in a higher age group, which saw him fast-tracked into the under 23 set-up. His rapid rise was only held up as Scott Parker lacked the bravery to hand the youngster a senior start until his far too cautious side had succumbed to drop; Carvalho scored at his full Premier League debut at Southampton with a stupendous finish that briefly threatened an unlikely comeback at St. Mary's.

The youngster has always credited his footballing education at Balham, where he came to Fulham's attention via a coach who was a long-standing Craven Cottage season ticket holder, with easing his acclimatisation to this country after his family left Lisbon. Carvalho remains close to everyone at his first English club – often returning to watch his former team-mates and the club's youth sides when he has a weekend without a match – and has also acted as a mentor to a number of the burgeoning talents in Fulham's younger age group sides, recognising the role that the west London side's academy has played in sharpening his skills. In many ways, Fabio is the antithesis of the spoilt rich footballer who thinks he has already made it.

I can't claim to know Carvalho well, but I was fortunate enough to be asked to present him with Johnny Haynes' Trophy on behalf of the Fulham Supporters' Trust last year. I met a young man who was clearly happy to let his football do the talking, but asked plenty of questions about the Trust, my time following Fulham and what my hopes for the rest of the season. He laughed uproariously when I produced a pen to help him sign a new deal with us and thanked me for handing the trophy over; it was, of course, richly deserved for a player who had always stood out at youth level.

Recounting his impact in Silva's superb side seems rather unnecessary at this point. The ball seemed to stick to his feet at times during those mesmerising individual runs, but he had the intelligence to find team-mates with a collection of crossfield passes that would probably have impressed Haynes himself, and often added artistry to the Fulham attack in the final third. There was a poacher's finish to open his account for the campaign at Huddersfield, followed by a virtuoso display at the New Den and after recovering from a troublesome toe injury and Covid, returned to score in the 4-1 win bashing of Barnsley.

He scored twice in a 6-2 hammering of Birmingham City and the quality of his all-round performance prompted fevered transfer speculation. Liverpool attempted to complete a deal to sign Carvalho in the dying embers of the January transfer window after a month of flirtation but it was the player himself who pulled the plug on that transfer – deciding to stay with Fulham for the remainder of the campaign – rather than the formalities not being completed ahead of the deadline, as was widely reported. Carvalho continued to demonstrate his star quality memorably opening the scoring at Manchester City in the FA Cup, and engineering an exquisite finish at Derby County, although Fulham threw away the chance to clinch promotion that night.

It was fitting that he was amongst the goals as Fulham finally made sure of promotion at the Cottage against Preston. An illustration of just how down to earth the nineteen year old is came as I attended my first game of football in more than four months: with the under 23s set to seal the PL2 Division 2 title at Motspur Park. Carvalho, carrying a bag of signed shirts to distribute at Balham the next day, came across the railway crossing away from the training ground and spotted me sitting on a bench nearby. He asked if I was okay, talked with me for ten minutes, and enquired if I would be attending the Luton game on the Monday night. I answered in the affirmative and told him he needed to mark the occasion with a goal. 'I'll do my best,' he smiled as he walked away.

As we all know, he signed off in front of the Hammersmith End with a strike of sublime quality. I've read plenty of social media comments slagging off Carvalho for going missing in the middle of season, chasing the money or not showing enough respect for the club that gave him his break. None of it that carries the feintest scintilla of truth. This young man was an integral part of the most stylish Fulham side in more than two decades – and if he continues to shine in the future, then the structure of the deal agreed with Liverpool, means that the Whites will be quids in. Thanks for the memories, Fab.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/07/why-we-shouldnt-slate-fabio-carvalho/

WhiteJC

Andreas Pereira: Fulham confident of deal but Flamengo still keen as loan ends

Flamengo have confirmed that Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira has left the club at the end of his loan spell, although both they and the player remain keen on a permanent deal.

Pereira joined Flamengo last summer on a deal until the end of June. He was involved in two partial Brazilian seasons and also played in the 2021 Copa Libertadores final.

The 26-year-old, who had an unsuccessful loan with Lazio during the 2020/21 European season, even scored a stunner for Flamengo in his last game with the team on Thursday against Deportes Tolima of Colombia in the Copa Libertadores.

Fulham have already agreed a transfer fee with Manchester United and have permission to negotiate personal terms with Pereira.

90min understands that the Cottagers remain confident of concluding the proposed deal, with Marco Silva pushing hard to get him on board following their return to the Premier League. But Flamengo are also still trying to make a deal happen.

Pereira himself has not been shy about his desire to stay with the Brazilian side, insisting the final decision is out of his hands and will be made by the Old Trafford hierarchy.

"I'm not the one who decides - it's up to Manchester United," Pereira said this week.

"I would like to stay at Flamengo, but it's not in my hands. I'll see what's best for me and the club. I love Flamengo. We will soon speak and decide. My relationship between me and Flamengo has always been very good. This year was incredible for me.

"If it doesn't work out, I'll always leave with my head held high. I love the club, I love Flamengo, I'm Flamengo. I will come back in the future."

Following on from a strong 2021, Pereira looked to have briefly fallen out of favour earlier in 2022, leading to rumours Flamengo had withdrawn their interest.

But the former PSV Eindhoven academy player hasn't looked back since a match-winning performance in Rio de Janeiro's famous Fla-Flu derby against Fluminense towards the end of May.

https://www.90min.com/posts/fulham-confident-andreas-pereira-deal-flamengo-still-keen-loan-ends

WhiteJC

Joao Palhinha due for Fulham medical after legal delay

Joao Palhinha is now set to fly to Fulham for a medical ahead of a proposed €20m move to Craven Cottage after a minor legal delay was overcome.

Fulham have beaten Wolves to the signature of the 26-year-old Sporting CP midfielder, who was due in England last Monday to undergo a medical and finalise his move, only for an issue with the agents involved in the deal to slow things down.

Talks continued behind the scenes and sources have confirmed to 90min that an agreement has finally been reached to satisfy everyone involved, freeing Palhinha to travel to England and finalise his move.

Personal terms have already been agreed, with the midfielder set to sign a five-year contract following the conclusion of his medical.

Sporting have already finalised a deal for Japan international Hidemasa Morita to replace Palhinha.

Palhinha remains on track to become Fulham's first signing of the summer and the Cottagers hope to follow his arrival up with a deal for Manchester United's Andreas Pereira, whose loan stay with Flamengo has officially come to an end.

Pereira has spoken openly of his desire to return to Flamengo but the Brazilian side have failed to agree a deal with United, allowing Fulham to sneak in and agree a fee for the 26-year-old.

Talks are now on with Pereira over personal terms and 90min understands that Fulham are confident of getting a deal done.

https://www.90min.com/posts/joao-palhinha-due-fulham-medical-after-legal-delay

WhiteJC

Fulham interested in United defender Bailly

Fulham have enquired about the possibility of taking Manchester United defender Eric Bailly on loan with an option to buy.

Bailly has found himself out of favour at United and made just four Premier League appearances last season.

But the Red Devils would prefer a permanent sale or the guarantee of one at the end of a loan deal.

The 28-year-old has two years left on his current contract, having first joined the club for £30m back in 2016.

Fulham are set to soon make their first signing of the transfer window, with Sporting Lisbon midfielder João Palhinha coming in.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-make-enquiry-about-man-utd-defender

WhiteJC

Fulham make Bailly loan bid

Fulham are in talks with Manchester United about a potential loan move for Ivorian international defender Eric Bailly, according to various reports this evening.

The 28 year-old has fallen down the pecking order at Old Trafford in recent seasons and United are open to allowing him to leave this summer after he featured in just seven games last season. Fulham's opening offer is understood to be a loan with an option to buy but, with Eric ten Haag eager to bolster his squad, the Red Devils would prefer a straight sale or a loan arrangement arrangement that includes an obligation for a permanent purchase.

Bailly, who has two years to run on his current contract, joined United for £30m from Villarreal in June 2016. He has made 113 first-team appearances in six years, scoring a single goal, and has won the League Cup and Europa League during his time at Old Trafford. Bailly came through the Espanyol youth system, having been spotted at a youth tournament in Burkina Faso, and moved to the Yellow Submarine in 2015 for £5m.

The 6ft 2in centre half, who can also play at right back, was an ever present as the Ivory Coast won the 2015 African Cup of Nations and was part of his country's Olympic squad for the Tokyo Games, where he scored as the Elephants were beaten by Spain at the quarter-final stage. He missed the decisive penalty as the Ivory Coast were eliminated after a goalless draw against Egypt in this year's African Cup of Nations in Cameroon.

Bailly is the latest centre back to be linked with a move to Fulham following their promotion to the Premier League, with Marco Silva believed to be a long-term admirer of ball-playing defender. It remains to be seen whether the Whites can strike a deal to bring Bailly to Craven Cottage.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/07/fulham-make-bailly-loan-bid/

WhiteJC

Tottenham, Everton & Wolves miss out as £19m target joins Premier League side

According to Fabrizio Romano, Tottenham, Everton and Wolves have all missed out on Joao Palhinha to fellow Premier League side Fulham.

What's the story?

Well, it was said that Antonio Conte and Bruno Lage were eyeing a move for the Portugal international.

Frank Lampard then expressed an interest in bringing Palhinha to Goodison Park.

Now, however, Romano has revealed that the 26-year-old is a Fulham player, after the Cottagers struck a €22m (£19m) deal with Sporting Lisbon.

You can see the reliable Italian's tweet in full below.

Fulham and Sporting Lisbon have shook hands on the deal, and Palhinha will now fly to west London to undergo a medical with Marco Silva's side.

His big move to England comes after he made 38 appearances in all competitions last season, scoring three goals.

It means Tottenham, Everton and Wolves will now have to look elsewhere, and all three will be hoping that the defensive midfielder doesn't become a star in the Premier League.

If he does, they will kick themselves for missing out on his signature.

News will hit Wolves harder than Tottenham & Everton

In our view, this news will hurt Wolves more than it will Tottenham and Everton.

It was said that Palhinha had accepted an offer from the Old Gold, and had even told Sporting Lisbon that he wanted to join his fellow Portuguese players at Molineux this summer.

However, Fulham then hijacked negotiations, and as Romano has now revealed, the Cottagers were successful in their attempts to steal the midfielder from under Lage's nose.

By all accounts, Tottenham and Everton never made as much progress in talks as Wolves did.

Hopefully, Lage can find an alternative, and put this disappointment behind him.

There is one bright spot for Wolves, at least, as it seems they have priced Arsenal and Barcelona out of a move for Ruben Neves.

https://tbrfootball.com/tottenham-everton-wolves-miss-out-as-19m-target-joins-premier-league-side/

WhiteJC

FUL HOUSE Fulham set to complete £17m move for Sporting star Joao Palhinha after agent fight over commission is resolved

JOAO PALHINHA is set to complete his £17m move to Fulham after an agent dispute was resolved.

SunSport revealed this week that the Sporting Lisbon midfielder's switch to Craven Cottage had been delayed.

That was due to Jorge Mendes and Hernan Reguera fighting over a transfer commission.

Reguera is said to have negotiated Palhinha's entire five-year deal to Fulham.

However, Sporting had previously given contractual exclusivity to Mendes to sort Palhinha's move to England when Wolves were interested.

But it is understood super-agent Mendes and the player's Spanish representative Reguera have agreed to split a fee of almost £2m between them.

And Palhinha, 26, is due to fly from Lisbon to West London tomorrow to complete his medical.

Fulham stole the march on a deal for Palhinha after taking advantage of Wolves stalling their talks.

Wolves hesitated with the future of Ruben Neves then-undecided.

Marco Silva spoke on the phone to the former Manchester United target to convince him to snub Molineux.

And it is believed Neves, 25, will now stay at Wolves despite itching for a move away to a European heavyweight.

His value of £75m appears to have out-priced all of his potential suitors.

Those include Manchester United, as well as Barcelona.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/19064252/joao-palhinha-fulham-sporting-lisbon-transfer/

WhiteJC

Joao Palhinha is FINALLY set to sign for Fulham on a £17m deal from Portuguese side Sporting after an agent commission dispute which had held up the deal was resolved

Joao Palhinha is set to sign for Fulham in a deal worth £17m from Sporting
    The Portuguese midfielder's move was held up by an agent commission dispute
    His agent Hernan Reguera and super agent Jorge Mendes will now split the fee
    Palhinha played 94 times for Sporting, winning the league title in 2020/21

oao Palhinha's long-awaited move to Fulham will now take place with the player arriving on a deal worth around £17million from Portuguese side Sporting Club.

The Cottagers' interest in the defensive midfielder is long-standing, and after an agreement was reached with Sporting the move was delayed as a result of a dispute between agents over the commission.

Palhinha is set to be Marco Silva's first signing as Fulham bid to survive in the Premier League, although the west London club have seen a number of players leave Craven Cottage this window.

Joao Palhinha is due in London to complete his £17m deal from Portuguese side Sporting

The defensive midfielder will fly in to west London from the Portuguese capital to complete the move on Saturday, 2 July after a dispute between his agent Hernan Reguera and super agent Jorge Mendes was finally resolved.

Whilst his representative reportedly negotiated the Portugal international's five-year deal at Fulham, Mendes had been given exclusivity for the player's discussions with English clubs by Sporting, when Wolves had previously shown an interest.

But after delaying the deal the two agents are now believed to have agreed to split a fee of around £2m once the deal goes through.

Wolves had looked into the possibility of signing Palhinha as a replacement for want-away midfielder Ruben Neves, but the hefty £75m price tag put on his head by the club seems to have deterred interest.

Fulham have also been heavily linked with a move for Shakhtar Donetsk's Israel international forward Manor Solomon.

And Solomon is expected in London soon to complete his £7million move to replace Liverpool-bound Fabio Carvalho.

Manor Solomon has top quality Champions League experience with Shakhtar Donetsk

However the Cottagers look unlikely to make Neco Williams loan-spell permanent despite impressing last season.

They are reportedly deterred by Liverpool's valuation of the Welsh full-back, wanting ££15m for his services, with Fulham pursuing other options, such as Wolfsburg's Kevin Mbabu.

Fulham begin their new Premier League season against Carvalho and potentially Williams, as Liverpool visit Craven Cottage at lunchtime on August 6.

Neco Williams seems unlikely to join Fulham permanently due to Liverpool's £15m price tag

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10974829/Joao-Palhinha-finally-set-sign-Fulham-17m-deal-Sporting-agent-dispute.html

WhiteJC

Fulham want Eric Bailly on loan

Fulham are reportedly interested in signing Manchester United centre-back Eric Bailly.

The 28-year-old was frozen out of the squad last season by Ralf Rangnick while Ole Gunnar Solskjaer also used him sparingly during his reign.

Now he could depart Old Trafford this summer as Fulham are keen to sign the Ivorian on a season-long loan with the option to buy, according to Sky Sports.

The defender currently has two years remaining on his United contract, which is worth £80,000-a-week (as per Spotrac). 

Our View

Eric Bailly joined Manchester United in the summer of 2016 in a deal worth around £30 million.

He was Jose Mourinho's first signing and there were huge expectations that he would shine at Old Trafford.

However, the centre-back failed to make an impact as he mostly remained on the treatment table, suffering one injury after another. While there were a few high spots in his clear with committed tackling, overall he wasn't very convincing with his performances.

The Ivorian has made only 113 appearances across all competitions during his previous six years at the Manchester giants (stats from Transfermarkt).

It was clearly a mistake to hand him a new contract last year as he barely featured for United in the 2021-22 campaign.

The 28-year-old played only four matches in the Premier League and mostly remained on the bench under both Solskjaer and Rangnick.

The Red Devils currently have expensive central defensive signings in Harry Maguire and Raphael Varane as their first choice pairing. While Victor Lindelof is also ahead of Bailly in the pecking order.

And the club are also said to be on the hunt for a new defender in this transfer window.

Eric Bailly was a failure at Manchester United and the fans are unlikely to miss him if he leaves this summer. While staying at United is also unlikely to be good for him as his first-team prospects look very slim at Old Trafford.

https://manutdnews.com/fulham-want-eric-bailly-on-loan/

WhiteJC

Palhinha poised for Fulham medical

Joao Palhinha will undergo his Fulham medical today as he completes the formalities of his £17m transfer from Sporting Lisbon.

The Portuguese international's protracted move to the Premier League is almost over the line having seemed likely to be scuppered by a dispute around commission owed to agent Jorge Mendes, who had been given a mandate by Sporting to sell the 26 year-old holding midfielder to an English side this summer.

Palhinha, a youth product at his hometown club, will become Marco Silva's first signing of the summer as the Whites prepare to try and end their bouncing between the top two divisions. The defensive midfielder, widely regarded as one of the Primeira Liga's most consistent performers over the last three seasons, starred as Sporting won the domestic double in 2021 and has lifted the Taca de Liga for the last three seasons in succession – having enjoyed an excellent loan spell at Braga in 2020.

Palhinha, who has made 95 first-team appearances and scored seven goals for Sporting, was named in the Primeira Liga team of the year in 2021 when he made 32 league appearances for the Lions as they won their first league title in two decades. The 6ft 3in midfielder has won fourteen senior caps for his country, making two appearances in last summer's European Championships, and sees a move to England as pivotal in making the Portuguese squad for this winter's World Cup.

Silva, who managed Sporting as Palhinha was breaking into the club's 'B' side, played a key role in persuading his compatriot to snub Wolves and select Craven Cottage as his final destination. Personal terms are believed to be already agreed with the midfielder set to put pen to paper on a five-year deal in west London.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/07/palhinha-poised-for-fulham-medical/

Fernhurst

For those of you still unfamiliar with our new signing Joao Palhinha
Here's a highlights package where he appears for his team and his country in a variety of different kits, however he is easily distinguishably.
He is the 6'4" fella who goes in for the tackle and always comes out with the ball.
Can't wait to see him at The Cottage playing with that intensity. 

https://youtu.be/wf9OmHFBrt0

Enjoy
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

davew

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 02, 2022, 10:36:53 AM
For those of you still unfamiliar with our new signing Joao Palhinha
Here's a highlights package where he appears for his team and his country in a variety of different kits, however he is easily distinguishably.
He is the 6'4" fella who goes in for the tackle and always comes out with the ball.
Can't wait to see him at The Cottage playing with that intensity. 

https://youtu.be/wf9OmHFBrt0

Enjoy

When did he sign for us or have I missed something?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

roberto w6

I so hope this happens and is announced today.

Securing and announcing Palhinha will surely attract other higher quality signings. I think Romagnoli sounds a real long-shot but if there is a chance, announcing Palhinha could be the thing to tip the balance

filham

Quote from: roberto w6 on July 02, 2022, 10:54:30 AM
I so hope this happens and is announced today.

Securing and announcing Palhinha will surely attract other higher quality signings. I think Romagnoli sounds a real long-shot but if there is a chance, announcing Palhinha could be the thing to tip the balance
Almost exactly five weeks to the Liverpool match KO, it would be great to start the incoming transfer with Palhinha in the next day or two and then for a few other signings to follow before friendlies start.