watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Minimum requirement for Liverpool

Started by StuinSalop, July 02, 2022, 10:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StuinSalop

If we sign Palhinha I think we have to get a quality central defender in quickly
and ideally a keeper and left sided striker. That's only 4. I think Tete and Robinson
can do a job to start us off.  Yes we need more and we all know what happens on
deadline day.

We have a better base than last time and 4 quality additions will be enough to start
with.

After that by all means upgrade other areas and build a mid table squad.

Of course Silva wants everyone in asap but I am sure he is also asking for quality.
We have plenty of good players like BDR Cav Rodak Bryan Muniz but these guys
are below where we are aiming

This makes the challenge twice as hard.

hovewhite

Quote from: StuinSalop on July 02, 2022, 10:48:01 PM
If we sign Palhinha I think we have to get a quality central defender in quickly
and ideally a keeper and left sided striker. That's only 4. I think Tete and Robinson
deadline day.

We have a better base than last time and 4 quality additions will be enough to start
with.

Of course Silva wants everyone in asap but I am sure he is also asking for quality.

think as we all know, what we have is a group who fight for each other,defend from the front,an unbreakable spirit.
So we need a core of this group to be in and around whilst also playing wise get decent time on the pitch if not starting then on the bench and coming on as subs.
The spirit built under Marco needs to the imports into the team get drilled that mentality and then it's not money wasted and we stay up.

StuinSalop

Quote from: hovewhite on July 02, 2022, 11:32:55 PM
Quote from: StuinSalop on July 02, 2022, 10:48:01 PM
deadline day.

with.

think as we all know, what we have is a group who fight for each other,defend from the front,an unbreakable spirit.
So we need a core of this group to be in and around whilst also playing wise get decent time on the pitch if not starting then on the bench and coming on as subs.
The spirit built under Marco needs to the imports into the team get drilled that mentality and then it's not money wasted and we stay up.

Agree absolutely, need to maintain team spirit and need players in asap so we can create a well drilled outfit.
Problem is that the likes of Palhinha are a level above where we have aimed before.  If we replace Ream with real prem quality, Tete..Tosin and Robinson have enough about them to cope for a few games at least. Even Rodak could start the season and be ok.  Yes, upgrade Rodak if we can, but that's the thing, we need quality not quantity and getting those types of players to Fulham, who let's be honest can't pay everyone £100K a week is difficult.

Reports of Silva being unhappy are I expect exaggerated, he is I am sure frustrated, but that because he naturally wants players as early as possible.  We can't just burn £100's of millions of ££££ so we have to be creative and clever. 

The Solomon deal has probably upset Silva, and all of us, but again if we save £7M that is more towards that centre back or more help with FFP.  If we lose Solomon because of it however that would be very dull in my view.

filham

I think we could compete well with just a new keeper, Palhino, Solomon and a quality centre back.
Remember we scored 106 goals last season and showed good team spirit, we don't want that destroyed.
However we need the new players in place before the trip to Portugal to enable team bonding to take place.

jayffc

Dream team for Liverpool based on current rumours

---------------Cakir---------------
Tete----Tosin-------Romagnoli---Pellegrini
-------Harrison------Palhinha-----
Wilson-------Periera--------Solomon
---------------Mitro-----------------

That's a really decent looking team tbf, plenty quality to stay up.

Potential bench:
Rodak (although he might move on if we sign another GK) /Gazza
Dubois
Ream/Kongolo
Robinson
Chalobah
Cairney
Kebano
BDR
Muniz

Obviously, Romagnoli is unlikely so I'd like to see another quality CB signing if not that
Would also like more quality at CM, someone to challenge Harrison having lost both Anguissa and Seri.

That opens the exit door to Onomah, Knockaert, Cavaliero, Bryan... could scrape together 7+ million between then you'd hope.

All this said a team of

--------Rodak------
Tete-Tosin-Romagnoli/? -Robinson
---Harrison-Palhinha----
Wilson----Cairney---Solomon
-----------Mitro------------

wouldn't be the worst team and that's only 2 signings away (assuming palhinha is a done deal)