more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tyrese Francois

Started by bobby01, July 15, 2022, 10:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

Signed a 2 year deal with an optional 3rd evidently
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Bassey the warrior

Don't understand why, he's not going to be getting any football here.

The Rational Fan

Shahid Khan interview indirectly tells us why we signed Francois, because we have to strength the squad within the boundaries of FFP with the view of becoming a permanent premier league team.

The implication is we aren't yet a premier league team, but a yo-yo club that seeks to become a premier league team. Shahid Khan is clear we need to improve our squad to stay up, but also improve ensure we improve the squad if we go into the Championship again.

Francois is a good value addition that can go on loan this season, then help us get back in the premier league if we go down again or be our seventh midfielder next season if we stay up.

Woolly Mammoth

Yo Yo is folly and fools Gold, quality players we need will think twice about signing while Fulham go up and down like an out of control lift.
We are not attractive enough until we stop fannying around between Divisions.
We need to stabilise by keeping up this season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 16, 2022, 10:03:51 AM
Yo Yo is folly and fools Gold, quality players we need will think twice about signing while Fulham go up and down like an out of control lift.
We are not attractive enough until we stop fannying around between Divisions.
We need to stabilise by keeping up this season.
Obviously , and surely that is the goal of everyone at the club. We have to look upon all of those early matches as relegation battles and have a 40 point target for the season.

cmg

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 15, 2022, 11:25:19 PM

A fine piece of knee-jerk whingery.

Particularly expert as the reverse-ferret can be easily applied.
EG: if we hadn't extended, the good old "Typical management inneficiency, allowing our academy reared talent to walk for nothing" can be smoothly wheeled out.

Well played.

MikeTheCubed

Would prefer him or another youngster as the 9th man on the bench as opposed to Knockaert / Cavaliers or signing a squad filler.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: cmg on July 16, 2022, 02:59:50 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 15, 2022, 11:25:19 PM

A fine piece of knee-jerk whingery.

Particularly expert as the reverse-ferret can be easily applied.
EG: if we hadn't extended, the good old "Typical management inneficiency, allowing our academy reared talent to walk for nothing" can be smoothly wheeled out.

Well played.

I mean I don't understand why the player signed.

cmg

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 16, 2022, 03:18:24 PM

I see.
Of course I have absolutely no idea about the lad's motivations, but my guess would be that he got a better all round deal (money, prospects, new brake linings etc.) from us than was forthcoming from any other source.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: cmg on July 16, 2022, 03:32:40 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 16, 2022, 03:18:24 PM

I see.
Of course I have absolutely no idea about the lad's motivations, but my guess would be that he got a better all round deal (money, prospects, new brake linings etc.) from us than was forthcoming from any other source.

As he is still under 24 I expect there is the compensation issue too. He has made a Premier League appearance and a Championship game start. Might have been a combination of the deal offered him as well as the number of teams willing to get in to a compensation situation for his services.

Hatch007

Just watched his interview on the club site.

My god, someone from media relations get hold of him PLEASE and coach how to conduct an interview without starting every single answer with "Yeah, no ..."

Painful listening by the end!

Fulham1959

Quote from: Hatch007 on July 16, 2022, 05:40:03 PM
Just watched his interview on the club site.

My god, someone from media relations get hold of him PLEASE and coach how to conduct an interview without starting every single answer with "Yeah, no ..."

Painful listening by the end!

The current plague of "Yeah, no" is strange.  But I suppose it makes a change from "Like", "sort of", "you know", "I mean", "definitely", "obviously", "hundred per cent".

Hatch007

"Hundred percent" ... one of Fabio's trademark quotes