watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Women’s Football

Started by Peabody, July 27, 2022, 09:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Was Mo ahead of his time, when he funded the first women's professional football team, which went on to be, along with Arsenal, one of the most successful teams in the country. Pity he felt let down by the FA and withdrew funding?

RaySmith

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Sorry.
I have also posted similar comments under the Women Manager's discussion and did not spot this one.

Lighthouse

The Womens game was beginning to become popular and a few clubs were beginning to put money into the Womens game. MAF fully expected the football authorities to start putting their money where their mouth was a fully get to support Womens football. But they didn't so he stopped financing the team.

As we know now the game eventually got the support it deserved and the Authorities in the men's game stop giggling and thinking that Women shouldn't run as it would hurt them. Money and the infra structure began and despite some false starts it is fair to say that the Women's game is gaining  the popularity it deserved to have decades ago.

MAF was a business man and could see the potential. The FA on the hand suited their initials and achieved FA.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope