watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

World Cup And Impact On Transfer Window

Started by FFC1987, July 24, 2022, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Do people think this is potentially a good reason for later transfers this window ie not paying premiums to get players in and waiting for 'better' players toward end of window giving people a shorter then usual stretch of games with a bigger international break. We'd be 16 games in when the world cup starts (based on not changing current fixture list) meaning teams would have longer to bed team players in for the big post Christmas push for the remaining 22 games.

Perhaps the club are still gambling on being more prepared and better suited than say our previous attempt (although that's not difficult, the squad is much stronger now) so the later strat might well be intentional, albeit, IMO, not ideal but less pressurised than other windows?

Or is this 1+1=3 for failing to get deals done.......Can't really make my mind on it really.

Looks to me like usually clubs have played roughly 20 games not including cups etc so with that time duration off, unless they decide on clumping fixtures together ie matches every 3 days to allow cups etc to be ready for return, I think there's an argument for some substantial advantages to late transfers this time.

WindyCity

Regards FFC...the sooner players come into the squad, the better, in my view.  Just need to avoid a slow start, especially as the window is closing and into the first half dozen games or so, sitting at the bottom looking up, in a deep hole.  As we've been slow to fill the squad with needed quality at key positions, this may still happen anyway.

I think for an established prem side or other top/big clubs, who already are prepared for start of season, your theory may more easily be applied.