watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Fred Flintoff's

Started by H4usuallysitting, July 20, 2022, 09:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

tv show about Preston kid's forming a cricket club.... He could be onto something

Twig

I enjoyed the first episode, need to catch up.

HV71

jarv

What a down to earth nice guy FF is. Very amusing too.

Wingnut

Really enjoyed it also. Wonder how the club is going. The lad from Afghanistan looks like a real talent.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

SG

Great series and he comes across very well but those of us involved in cricket at grass roots level find it very frustrating. Our club needs investment in its pavilion, owned by a Council. Despite years of trying to work with them we are lucky to get £275 as opposed to Freddie's £275,000. As for a meeting round the table - forget it. Every improvement we've done and we are no different to most, has been done through years of fundraising, grants and members dipping into their own pockets.

ffcne

Did Flintoff do it for free ?
Very staged in my opinion .

sunburywhite

Quote from: ffcne on July 22, 2022, 05:46:04 PM

Of course it is staged, any programmes like that are

Do you think cameras rock up for half an hour, film whats going on, then go off to somewhere else?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Rupert

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 23, 2022, 01:04:42 PM

Of course it is staged, any programmes like that are

Do you think cameras rock up for half an hour, film whats going on, then go off to somewhere else?

Surely you are not suggesting that this sort of thing is faked? How sad to see such cynicism in one so young.

I was at an event a few years ago where the TV cameras turned up, expecting to see a lot of people dressed up in 17th century clothing, having a party (the Sealed Knot, look it up, kids!). What they got was a lot of people dressed up as superheroes, as we were having a themed party and were not going to let the TV crew change that. As a result, our party did not appear on their programme. I got on in a different part, they filmed part of the battle (Sealed Knot again, perfectly legal) and froze the frame on me in mid-sword fight, then morphed into a painting of Charles 1st, and one of our pikemen had the same treatment and turned into Oliver Cromwell, but that was essentially it.

Imagine if the little darlings in the cricket team had spent the whole series being perfectly well behaved and diligently learning. Boring TV. No, get them acting like gits before coming good at the end, much better.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Twig

Err it's a TV series what do you expect?

Fulham Gentleman

I agree that this series was a good watch. Having lived in Preston for the past few years, it is nice to see it on tv. I hope that the kids stick with the cricket.

RaySmith

Saw an old TV talkshow interview with the great, imo, songwriter, Shane McGowan, on YouTube: drunk, toothless, looking at least twenty years older than his age, speech slurred, in a bad state
(he's now in a wheelchair, can only speak with difficulty, looks about ninety, though, incredibly perhaps, still alive).

Reading the comments below the vid, which ranged from romanticizing the man's self- destructiveness, sympathy for him, and, a few, of disgust, one person wrote - 'he's just an actor playing a role'!

As for FF - I believe he suggested the idea for this, since he'd been bullied, when he grew up in that area for being good at cricket, which was perceived as a sport for 'posh' people , as it was where I grew up in London, though I don't think you'd be bullied for being good at it, but maybe today you would.

Already an employee of the BBC, I'm sure Fred gets paid for working on this series - well, he has to eat.