more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-0 Fulham, Sat 13 Aug, 15:00pm

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 25, 2022, 10:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SouthernWhite

Mitro was never reliable from the penalty spot, honestly. The question is, do we have a better taker than him?

joef

Quote from: Jamie88 on August 13, 2022, 04:43:34 PM
I think it would be fair to say Mitro has had his fair share of both good pens and poor ones. That is why some think he isn't perhaps the most reliable

Reliable is the word I was struggling to find.
I love Mitro, and won't hear all the rubbish about him not being Prem league. But I don't feel confident when he takes a pen, rarely if ever do you see the top of the net bulge. They are often low and not particularly powerful so if the keeper guesses the right way, which is a lottery, then they have a good chance to save it.

Penalties have been a problem of ours for a decade

AnOldBrownie

Mitro telegram both his penalty kicks.both keepers guessed right.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

SP

itombomb

BDR gets his head on it, but not good enough contact. He's not hurt though.

There was contact I mean, but not to the head.

davew

Plodder

Mitrovic's penalties career record is now 22/31.  Very poor compared with most other regular penalty takers. We need someone else to do a better job.  If there is one element of football which you can practise endlessly, it is penalty taking.  It is something which our club has been really bad at over the years.  I remember Gordon Davies at a forum after a string of matches in which different players had missed penalties saying practice was not worthwhile because you can't replicate the pressure of a game.  True, but to paraphrase what Gary Player said about putting in golf, the more you practise, the luckier you get.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: SouthernWhite on August 13, 2022, 04:45:34 PM
Mitro was never reliable from the penalty spot, honestly. The question is, do we have a better taker than him?

Willian  :dft012:

Taken 9 Missed 1

Caedal

itombomb

Since the big miss against Scotland he's been very good at penalties, I reckon it will be 7 or 8 in a row - most to the side netting on the keeper's right, but the odd one to the keeper's left to keep them honest.

That one was just very poor though. If keeper goes the right way it is never a score.

Twig

Quote from: Plodder on August 13, 2022, 04:49:50 PM
Mitrovic's penalties career record is now 22/31.  Very poor compared with most other regular penalty takers. We need someone else to do a better job.  If there is one element of football which you can practise endlessly, it is penalty taking.  It is something which our club has been really bad at over the years.  I remember Gordon Davies at a forum after a string of matches in which different players had missed penalties saying practice was not worthwhile because you can't replicate the pressure of a game.  True, but to paraphrase what Gary Player said about putting in golf, the more you practise, the luckier you get.

That's not great is it? I was probably too quick to jump to his defence.

rusty shackleford

SouthernWhite

A nearly 66% efficacy from the spot is dreadful for a Prem League players, let's be honest.

Caedal

Twig

Quote from: SouthernWhite on August 13, 2022, 04:54:38 PM
A nearly 66% efficacy from the spot is dreadful for a Prem League players, let's be honest.

To be fair I make it 71%

davew

SouthernWhite

Quote from: Twig on August 13, 2022, 04:56:59 PM
Quote from: SouthernWhite on August 13, 2022, 04:54:38 PM

To be fair I make it 71%

Still horrible, isn't it?

SP

Clean sheet & a point away from home, happy with that.