watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-0 Fulham, Sat 13 Aug, 15:00pm

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 25, 2022, 10:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

What a difference a week makes, we are poor today!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Caedal on August 13, 2022, 03:47:04 PM
Kebano needs to be subbed at HT, no idea who we can bring on, but literally anyone would be an improvement
Stanfield can put in a shift out wide.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

Blawarmy

Kebano needs to be subbed at HT, no idea who we can bring on, but literally anyone would be an improvement
This is the problem when competition is injured.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Tabby

Need to get Pereira more into the game. Not been able to do much so far.

keithh

Thank goodness that's the first half over. We are lucky to still be in this lethargic game.

St Eve

I don't think we are poor at all. Fair result at the moment. Kebano not playing Well and Tosin is making too many mistakes

Caedal

HT thoughts:

Extremely lucky not to be losing.
Rodak with an absolute balls up which should have been a goal.
Kebano absolutely awful.
Fullbacks playing too high, especially early on which they were exploiting dangerously.
Mitro's touch has been very heavy all half. Not sure whats going on with him.
No-one really playing well generally. Sloppy touches, balls bouncing off players.
We've really created nothing from open play.
They are beating our press very easily.

Surely cant play as badly second half

MisfitKid

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 13, 2022, 03:50:20 PM
Stanfield can put in a shift out wide.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

And move BDR on the left...
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Blawarmy

We need players in for competition. Especially with the injuries. It's so important at this level.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

jayffc

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 13, 2022, 03:48:43 PM
Would introduce Stansfield for Kebano and TC for Pereira.

Hey, if we come away with a point away to Wolves itll be another good result, but that said

Agree Periera has been completely anonymous so far....none of the chasing that he did in the first game which was his main plus side for me. Appreciate its insanely hot but not stopping others like Harrison. Would indeed consider TC after 10 mins

Id genuinely consider putting Mbabu on for Kebano and swapping BDR to the left wing to be honest. Kebano showing more of the side I was concerned about at the top level, not sure his form is sustainable at the top but I hope to be proven badly wrong on that. BDR equally not great so happy for Stansfield to get a run out although he's not really a winger either

Woolly Mammoth

A weeks a long time in football.
The positive is that we have reached the half way stage without conceding.
Imperative we regroup and make any necessary changes that Silva deems necessary.
But we have to step it up a couple gears, because if we are the same in the second half then we are on a sticky wicket.
On the other hand we must get our act together because if we can and we have to be proactive not wait and be reactive we then have a chance of getting at least a draw.
I do feel we need to score first. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

jayffc

Quote from: Caedal on August 13, 2022, 03:52:39 PM
HT thoughts:

Extremely lucky not to be losing.
Rodak with an absolute balls up which should have been a goal.
Kebano absolutely awful.
Fullbacks playing too high, especially early on which they were exploiting dangerously.
Mitro's touch has been very heavy all half. Not sure whats going on with him.
No-one really playing well generally. Sloppy touches, balls bouncing off players.
We've really created nothing from open play.
They are beating our press very easily.

Surely cant play as badly second half

Agree generally although I will say I think Robinson is playing well, and I've been concerned of his ability in the top flight to date but he was good against Liverpool too.
Palhinha has been fairly good to, although not great that hes on a yellow now.
Ream hasn't done much wrong and again it's Tosin that has been involved in some nearly very costly mistakes.
Rodak did well enough with the shot stopping but complete hash made of that moment with Tosin.

Think that sort of thing will see him dropped for Leno sharpish.

All in all 0-0 though and it's not like they've absolutely peppered us, were just not offering much going forward which is understanable given both our starting wingers are out and Periere isnt involved in the game + Mitro with the elephant touches ha

The Rock

Amazingly, Wolves haven't been much better and far from clinical. Whoever steps up and produces that bit of quality will win the game, and I hope it's us. We look a little average and already gotten our two-three mistakes.

Rodak almost gifting a goal should mean Leno gets his shot, perhaps next week.

General

It's not been a good day at the office. Seems communication is less of a thing for our back 4 this season for some odd reason - that mix up between Rodak and Tosin shouldn't have happened.

Wolves have been the better side sadly and have 60% possession, our defence looks shaky.

our MOTM so far has to be Reed for what he's doing. Ream has also actually been surprisingly solid today too. Nipped in to prevent a clear shot and put off their player after the Tosin and Rodak miscommunication.

Questions this game is making me ask is what is our plan b tactically? - Wolves are doing to us what we did to Liverpool and they've got a good team out but in truth we shouldn't be struggling this much, especially with the water break where Marco had an opportunity to change the tactics around.

Pereira has hardly been on the ball so hard to pass Judgement.

BDR has looked lively and is in a good contest with their LB but their LB's physicality is coming to the fore.

Palhinha is doing a solid job and we've had a few periods of looking the stronger side, but Wolves front line vs our back line and Tete's tracking back being very slow has seen us get exposed a bit too often.

That said, we've got through 45 minutes drawing and goalless so, considering we're playing poorly, could be seen as a positive.

Bournemouth are losing 3-0, but the one win for them last week still keeps them ahead of us. We're very unlucky Solomon and Wilson are out and clearly need more height and quality in the forward areas and CM.

Leno has a case to start now and so does Mbabu.

Lordedmundo

We definitely need at least one winger to come in. I remember Mbabu played on the wing for Switzerland, so maybe an option in the short term along with Stansfield...?

Caedal

Yeah I'd chuck Mbabu on at RW for Kebano and move BDR to the left. Will add some solidity down that side aswell

Matt10

We've somehow managed to give the ball away in attacking positions more than our own. Not sure if that's a positive, but it's a concern. Mitro gave it away twice, both at the start of the match and near the half. We just cannot afford to be poor in attacking against Wolves. They are counter-attacking at will, and soon we'll be punished. This is where the tactics really come into play and is why I always wanted Pereira to be in Reed's spot. He has better attacking prowess and can defend just as well as Reed. Rather if we put in TC, he's a liability defensively - especially against the counter.

Furthermore, this is definitely a reminder of how we need much more quality competition in the winger position now. Hopefully Kluivert and Willian deal go through without issues.

filham

Not very good at all, a tame BDR header was our only goal attempt and a few little slips at the back could well have resulted in Wolves goals.
Our midfield are failing to set up attacks and we have no real pace in wide areas.
Changes are needed if we are to avoid defeat.

jayffc

Quote from: General on August 13, 2022, 03:59:27 PM
It's not been a good day at the office. Seems communication is less of a thing for our back 4 this season for some odd reason - that mix up between Rodak and Tosin shouldn't have happened.

Wolves have been the better side sadly and have 60% possession, our defence looks shaky.

our MOTM so far has to be Reed for what he's doing. Ream has also actually been surprisingly solid today too. Nipped in to prevent a clear shot and put off their player after the Tosin and Rodak miscommunication.

Questions this game is making me ask is what is our plan b tactically? - Wolves are doing to us what we did to Liverpool and they've got a good team out but in truth we shouldn't be struggling this much, especially with the water break where Marco had an opportunity to change the tactics around.

Pereira has hardly been on the ball so hard to pass Judgement.

BDR has looked lively and is in a good contest with their LB but their LB's physicality is coming to the fore.

Palhinha is doing a solid job and we've had a few periods of looking the stronger side, but Wolves front line vs our back line and Tete's tracking back being very slow has seen us get exposed a bit too often.

That said, we've got through 45 minutes drawing and goalless so, considering we're playing poorly, could be seen as a positive.

Bournemouth are losing 3-0, but the one win for them last week still keeps them ahead of us. We're very unlucky Solomon and Wilson are out and clearly need more height and quality in the forward areas and CM.

Leno has a case to start now and so does Mbabu.

I dont think Tete has been particularly poor to be fair. Had a moment where he got caught a little on the ball but hardly a droppable offence imo. Got an assist in the last game and was very good generally. Think Mbabu should get a run out on the wing today as I've said above though