more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham 1-4 Newcastle Sat 1 Oct 15:00

Started by WhiteJC, July 29, 2022, 02:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Rj Fulham on October 01, 2022, 03:58:06 PM
He would want to be injured, considering the way he is jogging around the pitch whilst his teammates are running. Absolutely fuming atm  :031:

This is what was said about him before he came. He seems to be a bit of a clown.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

FFC1987

Quote from: simplyfulham on October 01, 2022, 04:15:23 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 01, 2022, 04:13:06 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on October 01, 2022, 04:05:29 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 01, 2022, 03:46:28 PM
Quote from: LittleErn on October 01, 2022, 03:44:02 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on October 01, 2022, 03:37:51 PM
I maintain that the hyperbole is off the charts here from a lot of posters. I was about to try to answer but realise that no one is interested in a level headed discussion (quite understandable given the miserable day it is turning out to be). Any further discussion is obviously a waste of time.

I'd like to discuss with you Sting.  How badly Is Mitro really injured? Is it better to get him off with a hope that it's not too bad rather than let him struggle on and make it worse? Did anyone see the injury?
Regarding Chalobah, I agree that his few appearances have shown us nothing to merit a place in the team, but what were Silva's options?

Reed deep, Pereria in front of him as box to box and Cairney doing his role. Feels like quite an obvious decision. Unless Ciarney isn't fully fit perhaps.

It's a fair assessment that.

But let's not pretend it's a like for like change for Palhinha. Chalobah might not be very good, but in terms of what kind of player he is, it's a more direct replacement.

We've known for a while that we are short on quality in the middle, I think you've pointed it out while the window was still open. This is just the sad ramifications of all that.

I'd argue Reed is more a like for like replacement Palinha than Chalo is. He's literally been our starting DM in the Prem previously.

Yeah but you can't pick him twice.

Unless he has a twin.

Sure, but thats why Pereria, an incredible hard working, press player, can then do Reed's role and Ciarney slot in on Pererias role. An infinitely better option than relying on Chalo. I made a post about this already though, it was the one big issue I had with out transfer window and I think we're seeing it now. An injury to any of our starting 3 midfielders, and we'll drop down this table and quickly.

LittleErn

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 01, 2022, 04:09:49 PM
Quote from: LittleErn on October 01, 2022, 03:53:17 PM
I maintain that the hyperbole is off the charts here from a lot of posters. I was about to try to answer but realise that no one is interested in a level headed discussion (quite understandable given the miserable day it is turning out to be). Any further discussion is obviously a waste of time.

I'd like to discuss with you Sting.  How badly Is Mitro really injured? Is it better to get him off with a hope that it's not too bad rather than let him struggle on and make it worse? Did anyone see the injury?
Regarding Chalobah, I agree that his few appearances have shown us nothing to merit a place in the team, but what were Silva's options?

Reed deep, Pereria in front of him as box to box and Cairney doing his role. Feels like quite an obvious decision. Unless Ciarney isn't fully fit perhaps.

Cairney's never fully fit - one of his legs is unusable! 😇

One more leg usable Than Chalo's then...... :005:

Can't argue with that!

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

cookieg

Woolly Mammoth

Yes it's damage limitation and we have to fight to the last man.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jamie88

Have we ever had a match where we haven't even had an effort on goal?

simplyfulham

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 01, 2022, 04:17:18 PM

But let's not pretend it's a like for like change for Palhinha. Chalobah might not be very good, but in terms of what kind of player he is, it's a more direct replacement.

We've known for a while that we are short on quality in the middle, I think you've pointed it out while the window was still open. This is just the sad ramifications of all that.

I'd argue Reed is more a like for like replacement Palinha than Chalo is. He's literally been our starting DM in the Prem previously.

Unless he has a twin.

Sure, but thats why Pereria, an incredible hard working, press player, can then do Reed's role and Ciarney slot in on Pererias role. An infinitely better option than relying on Chalo. I made a post about this already though, it was the one big issue I had with out transfer window and I think we're seeing it now. An injury to any of our starting 3 midfielders, and we'll drop down this table and quickly.

It's not really a direct replacement if you're talking about making 3 changes.

I don't think what your saying is unreasonable but TC can't do the same role as Periera, he's not mobile enough to press like he does.

And I'm not sure Pereira can do Reed's role as well Reed can so then you're taking about making concessions in that role as well.

Mince n Tatties

It's not all down to the sending off.
Teams get draws and win with 10 men,don't  think Marco
has been able to work out how to contain them.

FFC1987

Quote from: simplyfulham on October 01, 2022, 04:25:53 PM

Unless he has a twin.

I don't think what your saying is unreasonable but TC can't do the same role as Periera, he's not mobile enough to press like he does.

And I'm not sure Pereira can do Reed's role as well Reed can so then you're taking about making concessions in that role as well.

Of course we make concessions, we're trying to replace one of our most important players, but doing that with Chalo, as demonstrated, is the worst of the options available.

perry geyton

IMO
Should of started today
not sure what he has too do to get a start then Marco finally puts him on at 3-0 down, not sure what that does for his confidence but he's the only player on the pitch that looks like can make something happen, it would of been a different story if he'd of started today in front of Perierra who should of dropped back into Reeds role and Reed dropped back into Jao's role

Mince n Tatties

LittleErn

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 01, 2022, 04:26:46 PM

But not usually when it happens in the first five minutes!

LC

Been our best player since he came on

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: LittleErn on October 01, 2022, 04:30:11 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 01, 2022, 04:26:46 PM

But not usually when it happens in the first five minutes!

Yes that's true,but we haven't been able to do something  since then,all over the place.

Sting of the North

So, TC is the only one able to win a tackle, and also the only one able to find a Fulham player with a pass. No one else I can think of that comes away with much credit today. Most have been really poor, some have been horrendous.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 01, 2022, 04:37:23 PM
So, TC is the only one able to win a tackle, and also the only one able to find a Fulham player with a pass. No one else I can think of that comes away with much credit today. Most have been really poor, some have been horrendous.

Out of interest, for you, does this not highlight the initial criticism of Silva's selection again? Cairney comes on, show's his quality, clearly was fit, yet we still saw Chalo's lack of quality for the 8 minutes he played today.

Sgt Fulham

I think we would have lost this one even without the sending off. Really poor game from us, and scary how reliant we are on Mitro and Palhinha.

simplyfulham

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 01, 2022, 04:27:00 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on October 01, 2022, 04:25:53 PM

Unless he has a twin.

Of course we make concessions, we're trying to replace one of our most important players, but doing that with Chalo, as demonstrated, is the worst of the options available.

Yeah the choice was to play Chalobah or change most of the outfield 10.

I don't think it's a straight forward decision and I don't think it's unreasonable of MS to pick Chalobah in the circumstances. Some of the posts at the start of the game were ludicrous in calling him out.

We don't have much choice in the midfield at the moment, that's that state of it.