watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham 2-1 Southampton Sat 31 Dec 15:00

Started by WhiteJC, July 30, 2022, 01:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

A very ugly win.  Great to pick up back to back wins but one or two need to up their games for Leicester.  And if Mitro isn't fit I would consider leaving him on the bench.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Sgt Fulham

So refreshing. In previous seasons we were the Southampton. Instead, we pulled it out of the bag. So much love for big Joao!

Fulham1959

Quote from: Caedal on December 31, 2022, 04:58:19 PM
Mitro shouldn't take penalties. The keepers ALWAYS goes the right way

Agreed.  I am NEVER confident when he takes one - quite the opposite, in fact.  It's about time he faced the truth himself.

ron

70 odd percent possession in the first passage of play, then the surfeit of turkey and plum duff took over.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on December 31, 2022, 05:03:13 PM
So refreshing. In previous seasons we were the Southampton. Instead, we pulled it out of the bag. So much love for big Joao!

I said that out load to my family - I thought Southampton would sneak a win, and then I thought, "there is an aura of Fulham from previous seasons around this team, we may sneak it"
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

bencher

I only caught the second half, but Palhinha is just the absolute difference maker to this team. I was thinking that before he scored. There were 2 or 3 situations where Soton were either bearing down on the defence or about to shoot and he got his body in the way. Exactly the type of player we lacked in both of our previous PL seasons. And then he caps it off with a lovely winning goal. Perfect.

bill taylors apprentice

Even when James wins a Pen it amounts to nothing (not his fault I know) he needs to take a break, some psycho therapy (confidence boosting) and some one to one coaching before he comes anywhere near the team again.

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

bencher

I really don't like slagging players off but DJ is just looking totally lacking in confidence. Some will say you have to play your way back to confidence but it just isn't working for him/us. MS did I think get that one wrong when he brought him on. Fortunately we scrapped away to get the points.

Black and White Town

Quote from: bencher on December 31, 2022, 05:12:42 PM
I really don't like slagging players off but DJ is just looking totally lacking in confidence. Some will say you have to play your way back to confidence but it just isn't working for him/us. MS did I think get that one wrong when he brought him on. Fortunately we scrapped away to get the points.

He wasn't great. Gave the ball away 5 or 6 times. Winning the penalty was about the only thing he got right. But hopefully he'll be better next time.

Black and White Town

Palhinha was amazing.
What I loved was that when he scored, his first reaction was to celebrate with the fans. He obviously loves playing for us.