watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff - 02/08/22...

Started by WhiteJC, August 02, 2022, 12:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Bernd Leno: Fabrizio Romano reveals timeline for Arsenal exit after Fulham reach transfer agreement

Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has detailed when Bernd Leno will take part in a Fulham medical after the Cottagers agreed to sign him from Arsenal.

Leno played for Stuttgart and Bayer Leverkusen in his native Germany before moving to the Premier League back in July 2018. Arsenal paid Leverkusen around £19.3million to sign the goalkeeper.

He has gone on to make 125 appearances for the Gunners, with 101 of those coming in the Premier League.

Leno remains the Arsenal number one in terms of shirt numbers. But he lost his starting spot to Emiliano Martinez in the latter stages of the 2019-20 season due to a ligament problem.

Leno got his place back the following campaign. But Mikel Arteta was keen to bring in a replacement and Aaron Ramsdale signed from Sheffield United in August 2021 as a result.

Ramsdale is now Arteta's usual keeper, while the Spanish coach can also rely on new signing Matt Turner.

This means Leno is now third in the pecking order at the Emirates. He wants to play regularly though and Arsenal are therefore willing to let him leave.

Reports have put Newcastle United and PSV Eindhoven in the mix to sign the 30-year-old in recent months. But it is Fulham who have made a move to land him.

Fulham set to capture Bernd Leno
On Sunday, Marco Silva's side reached an agreement with Arsenal for his signing. As per Romano, it is worth £8million.

Leno will sign a three-year contract at Craven Cottage, with the option of a fourth year, if the transfer reaches completion.

Romano has provided an update on the switch this evening (Monday). He states Leno will undergo a Fulham medical later this week. And if he completes it then he could become Fulham's latest signing before the Premier League opener against Liverpool on Saturday.

Silva already has Marek Rodak and Paulo Gazzaniga as keeper options in his squad. Rodak made 33 Championship outings last season, keeping 14 clean sheets.

However, Silva clearly feels he can bring in a better shot-stopper. And Leno is the man set to solve this desire.

Leno brings with him a wealth of experience. He has made 223 appearances in the German top flight, as well as playing in over 100 Prem matches. Plus, he is capped nine times by Germany.

On paper this sounds like an excellent signing. But some Fulham fans may be concerned about Leno's consistency.

He never really had Arteta's full trust at Arsenal after making several big errors which led to goals. And Fulham cannot afford any of these if they are to remain in the Prem beyond one season.

https://www.teamtalk.com/arsenal/bernd-leno-transfer-news-fabrizio-romano-timeline-exit-fulham-agreement

WhiteJC

Silva speaks his mind

Hot on the heels of his straight talking following yesterday's draw with Villarreal, Fulham head coach Marco Silva has given a revealing interview to Record in his native Portugal.

The Portuguese boss starts by admitting that taking over at Craven Cottage last summer was a calculated risk:

"It was a big risk, I don't hide it. Calculated, but it was a risk. Once again, the country where I wanted to be. I was packed for Turkey and had a meeting with the owner of Fulham, who came to Portugal on purpose to talk to me about the project. It was a step backwards, but I decided to take over because I knew the club and the competition well and I felt that we could give something to Fulham. Outside we didn't talk much, but from the beginning we talked internally about being champions.

In the 16 months at home I had approaches from the Premier League and the Championship, but I always chose not to go. Fulham are a different club, a historic one with good conditions. When a club moves down a division, it has a financial dimension, but they cannot go to the market to sign as they want. The base was there and it was strong, we signed some players at zero cost or on loan.

Players were open to our philosophy and what we wanted to implement. There were players with a tremendous evolution and who had the best seasons of their careers, players with a background in English and European football. The way the team played and was dominant from the first to the last game, the way the teams recognised our merit, is gratifying. We did something really good for Fulham and the fans got involved with us and our style."

Silva reiterated that he intends to attack the top flight – regardless of the consequences.

My philosophy as a coach is not going to change and the players know that. The passionate way I see football, sometimes too much, that won't change. We scored a hundred or so goals last year; in the Premier League there are one or two teams that do that. There are things that will not be the same. As much as I want to, I know it won't happen."

He is remarkably candid about the club's recruitment over the course of the summer.

We're late, I'm not hiding, and the management has made an effort to sign the players we want. It's an ambitious plan when we decide that nine or ten players will not continue and that we have to sign those nine or ten players, with more or less money. Eighty percent of the starting eleven stayed at the club; we lost Fábio Carvalho and [Jean-Michael] Seri, in this case our decision. We had two months in which I felt that more players could have arrived to have a pre-season to integrate everyone.

We've already had four weeks and only two new players. Six to seven players left. Now we have, as they say in Portuguese, to fight back to be competitive. We have to add Premier League quality and experience to this group. We want to cement the club into the Premier League because, honestly, that's where the club belongs. Coach, players, management, fans... we all have to give more to cement this club in the Premier League and, later on, think about other goals. The gap between the Championship and the Premier League is widening and we have to be realistic but also ambitious."

Silva also offered some insight into the arrival of Joao Palhinha from Sporting.

There was competition and João's goal of playing in the Premier League, despite being happy at Sporting. I've known him for many years and he's risen through the ranks. He won levels and was loaned until he reached a coach who identified with him and who made him Sporting's starter. He ascended with hard work and persistence. I'm glad for that, regardless of whether you're my player now or not. It was a struggle for us because we don't have a lot of financial power.

We needed a number six and, knowing that he was available to play in the Premier League, we tried our best. I made a lot of effort and it was a difficult business. It's a big amount, but we're satisfied. He will have to adapt quickly, because in a fortnight he will be playing. He has his own characteristics and will be very important for the present and future of Fulham. As for the clubs that were interested... I have no idea, but we managed to sign him and we are pleased about it."

There is also praise for Fabio Carvalho, a star of Silva's side last season, who could face the Whites on the opening weekend for Liverpool.

He had hardly played in the first team, but he knew that he was a player that the academy felt was in a position to reach the first team. When we started working with him we felt he had the quality and profile for the position. He had a positive pre-season and had an impact in the first few games. He had a nasty foot injury that ruled him out for a month and a half, two months out and which coincided with rumours around him about a renewal.

Fabio has a lot of quality. He is a very good kid, humble and likes to learn, train and play. He has tremendous technical quality, an ability to play between the lines that is not easy to find; the first touch is of a high standard and that's why you feel so comfortable in that space. Unfortunately, we lost a key player, but we reached a point where he only had one year left on his contract. He chose not to renew ... We did our best to get him renewed, but we couldn't."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/08/silva-speaks-his-mind/

WhiteJC

Klopp makes three big changes from Community Shield win in early predicted Liverpool lineup vs Fulham

We're predicting three big changes from Liverpool in our early predicted lineup vs Fulham. The Reds will kick-off their Premier League season.

Liverpool travel to take on Fulham in just four days. It'll start their Premier League season, of course, and comes within a week of the Community Shield win over Manchester City.

Momentum is there for Liverpool to gather, then. The Reds will treat this season as 'two sprints' either side of the World Cup, says Pep Lijnders, so they'll want to get off to a quick start.

And for that reason, we don't think Jurgen Klopp will make too many changes from the team that beat Fulham. We do see three that we're predicting, though, in our early guess at the lineup.

Defence
Change number one is the most obvious one – Alisson Becker for Adrián. Klopp has essentially confirmed this already, saying that the Brazilian will be fit to face Fulham.

Other than that, we think Ibrahima Konaté might get a game here over Joel Matip. Our thinking there really just comes down to the amount of possession Liverpool will want. We seem them pressing very, very high even away from home and that could mean opting for the quicker centre-back.

Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andy Robertson are certainties, of course.

Midfield
Fabinho and Thiago feel like certainties for this one, too. We're predicting two starts there, then, and the only question is whether Jordan Henderson keeps his place.

We think he will as Klopp will likely want the Liverpool captain starting the opener. There is a chance, however, that the boss puts a more attacking midfielder like Harvey Elliott into the fray here – maybe even Fabio Carvalho, given how well he knows the opponents.

It's worth noting that Klopp praised Naby Keita's cameo on Sunday, too. We still think he'll go with Henderson but this one feels a little up in the air just now.

Attack
Mohamed Salah and Luis Diaz will be in there, especially as Diogo Jota remains out. That just leaves the middle and we're predicting our third change there.

Darwin Nunez brought so much when he came on against City that we think Klopp will ride that momentum. Throw him in from the start, see what he can do, and maybe he can use the confidence to integrate rapidly into this Liverpool side.

Of course, no one should be surprised if Roberto Firmino retains his place but Nunez's 30-minute display at the King Power may just earn him a place.

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2022/08/01/klopp-makes-three-big-changes-from-community-shield-win-in-early-predicted-liverpool-lineup-vs-fulham/

WhiteJC

Happy birthday, Danny Fullbrook

Today would have been Danny Fullbrook's birthday. His name might be a new one to the youngest generation of Fulham fans and readers of this website. Danny was the Daily Star and Daily Mirror's chief football correspondent and a fanatical Fulham follower. He was cruelly taken from us far too soon – ten years ago this summer – by cancer, but fought his diagnosis with the kind of courage and fearlessness that characterised his life and his career. It wasn't a coincidence that his award-winning Star column was headlined: 'Frank. Fearless. Forthright'. That's who Danny was.

I met him entirely by chance standing at TOOFIF corner whilst chatting to David Lloyd, to whom we also send our best wishes. David, the editor of the Fulham fanzine, was kind enough to mention to Danny that the disabled teenager stood next to him had contributed an article to that edition. He talked with me about Fulham for fifteen minutes, asked me what I thought that day's starting line-up would be, and with the poise of an absolute professional, slipped a business card into my hand and told me to email him.

I did – and a couple of summers later, following his encouragement, this website was born. When we launched what was a bilingual website for followers of Fulham in the summer of 2003, I don't think Nick or I envisaged that it would last nearly two decades or that we'd have such a loyal following. Danny's death stunned everyone – and, very unusually, I have never met anyone within the game or outside, who has a bad word to say about him.

Danny's family set up the Fearless Foundation in his honour and Hammyend has over the past few years ran an informal scheme to mentor the next generation of Fulham fans who would like to become journalists. We are immensely proud of our most successful graduate, Lydia Campbell, who wrote regularly for us when she was still a high school student, and has now just finished covering the Women's European Championships with the BBC. We are so grateful for the support of Fulham Football Club, particularly captain Tom Cairney, whose first interview as a professional was conducted by Danny when our number ten was at Hull City, and the Football Writers' Association, especially chair Carrie Brown and the brilliant Gerry Cox.

That's why it was so special yesterday to watch Fulham's final pre-season friendly from the Hammersmith End in the company of Danny's friends and family, including his son Ed. It may have been a warm-up for the main business but I make no apologies for celebrating Aleksandar Mitrovic's late equaliser like it had won us the league. I just know Danny was leading the chorus of 'Mitro's on fire' wherever he was watching.

Danny's legacy is the main reason for us continuing to cover events at Craven Cottage. This site is a labour of love – but providing the opportunities for talented Fulham fans to follow in his footsteps is so worthwhile. If you'd like to help us chronicle Fulham's Premier League campaign under Marco Silva – and maybe get some brilliant opportunities thanks to the generosity of some of Danny's former colleagues – please don't hesitate to get in touch.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/08/happy-birthday-danny-fullbrook/

WhiteJC

Amount Bernd Leno To Earn At Fulham Identified

Fulham will pay goalkeeper Bernd Leno a salary of £7m a season to make the move from Arsenal, according to German daily Bild.

The German goalkeeper is second choice at the Emirates Stadium and has been keen to move on this summer in order to make sure he is playing regularly next term.

Fulham have agreed a fee with Arsenal to sign Leno and are expected to officially wrap up the arrival of the shot-stopper this week.

And Leno will be well compensated for making the switch to Craven Cottage as he is set to earn £7m a year.

Fulham are landing an experienced Premier League campaigner, with Leno having turned out over 100 times in the top flight.

He will strengthen Marco Silva's options ahead of the start of the new Premier League campaign.

Fulham start the new season with a baptism of fire, with Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool the visitors to Craven Cottage.

Leno will be due to come up against his former club Arsenal towards the end of the month, when Fulham head to the Emirates Stadium.

https://insidefutbol.com/2022/08/01/amount-bernd-leno-to-earn-at-fulham-identified/570971/

WhiteJC

Jack and Loz in Pre-Season - Blog 221
Date: 31st July 2022

Opposition: Villarreal

Score: 1-1

Fulham goal scorer: 🔥

Weather: stuffy

Atmosphere: relaxed

MOTM: Bobby Decordova-Reid was sleek, sharp and shiny

Pub: Chez Loz to watch the Lionesses bring football home

The last time we were at Craven Cottage, Fulham scored 7 goals and won the Championship. A pre-season match on a sultry Sunday afternoon was never going to compare but it carried certain expectations - a Champions League opponent, a city buzzing with football fever and the knowledge that this was the dress rehearsal; that the curtain will rise on another demanding, frustrating and nerve-fraying Premier League season in less than a week.

As a match, Fulham v Villareal was entertaining and encouraging. Going forward, Fulham looked incisive and creative; we saw a lot of the ball and did a lot with it. The neat, quick, passing triangles were intricate but mobile; the long cross field passes were accurate and dangerous, shots were plentiful even if good finishing wasn't.

The problems came when we lost the ball and were scampering backwards, and a triangle of a different sort made an appearance. This was how Villareal scored, somewhat against the run of play. One mistake led to another until most of the defence was on the floor and the ball was in the back of the net.

For a lot of the match, Fulham looked better than Villareal although we don't follow Spanish football so we don't know which of their ever changing elevens was their best and we had the sense they could go up several gears if they wanted to. Nevertheless, this was a positive experience for a newly promoted team, and the was satisfaction sealed by Mitro literally carrying on where he finished off in April.

We picked Bobby as our MOTM because he looked not only the most consistently effective player in this match but also the most prepared for what lies ahead. Harrison Reed came a close second with his fast, efficient tackles and bustling energy. And, of course, Mitro was Mitro, already on fire, always in charge and reminding everyone who scores the goals around here.

As for the new guys, we liked what we saw. Palhinha is the real deal - tall, strong, great at tackling and even better at reading the game. Pereira's set pieces are going to be a major part of the season and he's not afraid to put in a shift in open play either. As for Mbabu - what a debut! He strolls onto the pitch looking too cool for school and with his third touch sets up a fantastic goal. A place in the starting line-up for Kevin next week, please.

Because we are Fulham and our motto is Making Life Hard for Ourselves Since 1879, there was some behind the scenes drama to accompany the dress rehearsal. Once again, we are about to go into a Premier League season unprepared and understaffed. As we've made clear above, the players who have arrived so far are excellent and exactly what we need. We have no doubt that Manor Solomon, now he can stop playing Where's Wally in pre-season photos and start playing football, will prove to be in the same category. But where are the rest of the signings we desperately require?

Asked about the situation in his post-match press conference, Marko Silva made his feelings clear - "don't write that I'm angry," he said, thus ensuring that every journalist and blogger will write "Marco is angry" (although we will probably say "exasperated" as we write for a discerning audience).

It is easy to say that the Powers That Be haven't learnt from their mistakes. In fact, they have. We haven't splurged £100 million on the wrong players and we haven't drafted in a bunch of loanees with dubious loyalties. We've done decent deals for four good players.

What the Khans and Co haven't learnt is timing. The season starts on Saturday. We were promoted in April. We knew we were likely to be promoted at Christmas. And we knew we needed a new goalie and some new centre backs, but where are they? Bernd Leno might be just about to stagger into Motspur Park for his medical but the centre backs could be anywhere. And they certainly won't be on the pitch with the team on Saturday.

Marco Silva is exasperated about this and rightly so. He can see all the foundations laid last season, and all his hard work in recent months coming to nothing without more reinforcements. Specifically, new recruits in our weakest area. We do believe we will get the people we need but they should have arrived weeks ago and not in August. And in the meantime, Liverpool await.

Random musings:-

- we've all been there. You arrive in a new city and need a haircut. Thank God Pereira has teammates (one in particular) who could recommended a good hairdresser as the blond locks look fantastic and the tribute to our former favourite Mika Seri is much appreciated

- a shout out to that one particular teammate for his contribution to the goal. We may not see much of Tom this season but we'll take quality over quantity every time

- our thoughts on the new home shirt: stylish except for the sponsor. The objection isn't just that betting companies ruin lives it's also that this is a company operating in Asian countries where betting is sometimes illegal

- also, the white material is quite thin so you can see the players' black sports bras through their shirts. The obvious solution is to be like Chloe Kelly and wear a white sports bra

- it was great to see Jay Stansfield and Luke Harris come off the bench and both looked good

- it was also great to see the lower level of the Riverside stand packed and ready for action. Thanks to the people who shared videos of the inside. Lots of plywood on display but it is still a building site

- Mitro wasn't going to be happy to return to the Cottage without getting a yellow card. Premier League refs (not to mention Premier League goalies) must be looking forward to him telling them how to do their jobs again.

So the curtain comes down on pre-season and it's impossible not to feel excitement, as well as trepidation, about what comes next. What will the newbies bring to the team and, in some cases, to the league? At what point will the ignorant finally accept that Mitro isn't just a record breaking Championship striker? And will it be third time lucky in our fight for survival?

All we know at the moment is that this season won't be calm, controlled or predictable. It will rarely be enjoyable and it will never be relaxing. It's time to put our game faces on and get ready for whatever is thrown our way. Fulham are back in the Premier League.

https://werdsmith.com/p/ukYr5KeS7t9Nv5

Mickeyboro

Quote from: whitejc on August 02, 2022, 12:12:02 AM
ReactionHarvey Elliott: We want to make a flying start at Fulham
Liverpool's focus is now firmly on making a flying start to the Premier League season when they visit Fulham this Saturday lunchtime.

The Reds were in action twice across the weekend, with the FA Community Shield victory over Manchester City followed by a 3-0 defeat against RC Strasbourg Alsace for a youthful line-up at Anfield.

Harvey Elliott featured in both games and the No.19 is eagerly awaiting the beginning of the new league campaign versus his former club at Craven Cottage.

"The performance from the lads [against City] was unbelievable, from the boys that came on to the boys that started," Elliott told Liverpoolfc.com.

"No-one looked tired and no-one looked lethargic in any areas of the game. To top it off with a win proved and showed what our performance was like. It's all credit to the boys who played a part and just as a team we stuck together throughout pre-season.

"That's all credit to us and the coaching staff to get some silverware at the start of the season, which has put us in good stepping stones for the season.

"Hopefully we can just keep adding to it this season, which is our aim. Our focus now is on Fulham. We have a week to build up to it and hopefully we can start off with a flyer."

In their final pre-season fixture, Jürgen Klopp's side – which featured eight teenagers in the XI – were undone by three Strasbourg goals inside the game's opening quarter.

While the result on home turf stings, Elliott feels everyone involved will feel the benefits of the experience in the long term.

"Obviously conceding three isn't easy to come back from against any team, especially these guys who were very well organised and played great football against us," he said post-match.

"It's a learning curve for the young lads and everyone else involved. It's more minutes in the legs and getting to play in front of the home crowd, which is always an honour and very exciting to come and play back here again.

"We are disappointed but we just need to take the positives and learn from it."

Elliott continued: "I think the youngsters need to learn the hard way sometimes and some of them did that today, but in all fairness they bounced back and played the rest of the game really strong so it's all credit to them.

"Youngsters are always going to make mistakes, and even senior players, so it's just about how you react, and their reaction was very good. Everyone makes mistakes in life and we are all a team and we've all made that mistake together. There's no-one single-handedly made it themselves, so we all stuck together and encouraged everyone, and just told them to keep playing their football, which they did.

"It's all credit to them and, as I said, if they don't make these mistakes then they won't learn. Everyone played a great part today and gave it their best and that's all you can ask for."

Having missed a large portion of 2021-22 due to a serious ankle injury, Elliott has enjoyed a full pre-season programme this summer.

The 19-year-old is determined to keep expressing himself and positively influencing the Reds' football whenever given the opportunity.

"I just hate losing, to be honest, so I do everything that I possibly can to get the game in our favour and turn it around for us to win," he said.

"I think that's what I tried today; some things came off, some things didn't. It just wasn't our day today. I just want to play for the badge and give it my all for the badge no matter what the score is, whether we are winning or losing.

"I always give it my best and I have that hunger in myself to go out and make sure I give it 110 per cent in each and every game. Some days things will come off and some things won't. Today unfortunately wasn't our day but maybe another time they will do and we can win the game hopefully.

"But it's more minutes in the legs and more minutes for the younger boys to play in front of this wonderful crowd, play on the home turf and get off to a flyer for the season."

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/harvey-elliott-we-want-make-flying-start-fulham
Cliche after cliche! Hurray...[emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fulhamfever

Quote from: whitejc on August 02, 2022, 12:43:04 AM

Fulham will pay goalkeeper Bernd Leno a salary of £7m a season to make the move from Arsenal, according to German daily Bild.

The German goalkeeper is second choice at the Emirates Stadium and has been keen to move on this summer in order to make sure he is playing regularly next term.

Fulham have agreed a fee with Arsenal to sign Leno and are expected to officially wrap up the arrival of the shot-stopper this week.

And Leno will be well compensated for making the switch to Craven Cottage as he is set to earn £7m a year.

Fulham are landing an experienced Premier League campaigner, with Leno having turned out over 100 times in the top flight.

He will strengthen Marco Silva's options ahead of the start of the new Premier League campaign.

Fulham start the new season with a baptism of fire, with Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool the visitors to Craven Cottage.

Leno will be due to come up against his former club Arsenal towards the end of the month, when Fulham head to the Emirates Stadium.

https://insidefutbol.com/2022/08/01/amount-bernd-leno-to-earn-at-fulham-identified/570971/

What a load of tosh defo not earning £7 million a season refuse to believe any of this nonsense

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: fulhamfever on August 02, 2022, 09:31:56 AM
Quote from: whitejc on August 02, 2022, 12:43:04 AM

What a load of tosh defo not earning £7 million a season refuse to believe any of this nonsense

Agree, he was on £5.25 million at Arsenal alledgedly.

terryr

Quote from: whitejc on August 02, 2022, 12:12:02 AM
ReactionHarvey Elliott: We want to make a flying start at Fulham
Liverpool's focus is now firmly on making a flying start to the Premier League season when they visit Fulham this Saturday lunchtime.

The Reds were in action twice across the weekend, with the FA Community Shield victory over Manchester City followed by a 3-0 defeat against RC Strasbourg Alsace for a youthful line-up at Anfield.

Harvey Elliott featured in both games and the No.19 is eagerly awaiting the beginning of the new league campaign versus his former club at Craven Cottage.

"The performance from the lads [against City] was unbelievable, from the boys that came on to the boys that started," Elliott told Liverpoolfc.com.

"No-one looked tired and no-one looked lethargic in any areas of the game. To top it off with a win proved and showed what our performance was like. It's all credit to the boys who played a part and just as a team we stuck together throughout pre-season.

"That's all credit to us and the coaching staff to get some silverware at the start of the season, which has put us in good stepping stones for the season.

"Hopefully we can just keep adding to it this season, which is our aim. Our focus now is on Fulham. We have a week to build up to it and hopefully we can start off with a flyer."

In their final pre-season fixture, Jürgen Klopp's side – which featured eight teenagers in the XI – were undone by three Strasbourg goals inside the game's opening quarter.

While the result on home turf stings, Elliott feels everyone involved will feel the benefits of the experience in the long term.

"Obviously conceding three isn't easy to come back from against any team, especially these guys who were very well organised and played great football against us," he said post-match.

"It's a learning curve for the young lads and everyone else involved. It's more minutes in the legs and getting to play in front of the home crowd, which is always an honour and very exciting to come and play back here again.

"We are disappointed but we just need to take the positives and learn from it."

Elliott continued: "I think the youngsters need to learn the hard way sometimes and some of them did that today, but in all fairness they bounced back and played the rest of the game really strong so it's all credit to them.

"Youngsters are always going to make mistakes, and even senior players, so it's just about how you react, and their reaction was very good. Everyone makes mistakes in life and we are all a team and we've all made that mistake together. There's no-one single-handedly made it themselves, so we all stuck together and encouraged everyone, and just told them to keep playing their football, which they did.

"It's all credit to them and, as I said, if they don't make these mistakes then they won't learn. Everyone played a great part today and gave it their best and that's all you can ask for."

Having missed a large portion of 2021-22 due to a serious ankle injury, Elliott has enjoyed a full pre-season programme this summer.

The 19-year-old is determined to keep expressing himself and positively influencing the Reds' football whenever given the opportunity.

"I just hate losing, to be honest, so I do everything that I possibly can to get the game in our favour and turn it around for us to win," he said.

"I think that's what I tried today; some things came off, some things didn't. It just wasn't our day today. I just want to play for the badge and give it my all for the badge no matter what the score is, whether we are winning or losing.

"I always give it my best and I have that hunger in myself to go out and make sure I give it 110 per cent in each and every game. Some days things will come off and some things won't. Today unfortunately wasn't our day but maybe another time they will do and we can win the game hopefully.

"But it's more minutes in the legs and more minutes for the younger boys to play in front of this wonderful crowd, play on the home turf and get off to a flyer for the season."

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/harvey-elliott-we-want-make-flying-start-fulham

Is it just me or is it a bit rich hearing Elliot saying the "youngsters" need to take it on the chin?