https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 03/08/22...

Started by WhiteJC, August 03, 2022, 12:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Bernd Leno: Fulham sign German goalkeeper from Arsenal

Bernd Leno played 125 times for Arsenal after joining in 2018

Fulham have signed German goalkeeper Bernd Leno from Arsenal on a three-year deal, for a reported fee totalling £8m.

Leno, 30, lost his place to England goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale last season, playing only nine games.

In all, he kept 37 clean sheets in 125 appearances in all competitions for the Gunners after arriving from Bayer Leverkusen for £20m in 2018.

Leno becomes Fulham's fifth summer signing since the club earned promotion back to the Premier League.

Joao Palhinha, Andreas Pereira, Kevin Mbabu and Manor Solomon have all joined the Cottagers.

Leno said: "It feels amazing to finally be here. I can't wait to join the team, to train and play with the team.

"I'm relieved that everything is done. I'm just happy to be here. It took a little bit of time but in the end we made it, and that's the most important thing."

Fulham are reportedly paying £3m up front, with the further £5m in potential add-ons.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62402085

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

Fulham complete the signing of Bernd Leno from Arsenal

Fulham have completed the signing of goalkeeper Bernd Leno from Arsenal.

The German shot-stopper will join the club on a three-year deal, with the Cottagers paying their fellow London club Arsenal £8m, including add-ons, for the 30-year-old, reports Fabrizio Romano.

Leno is Fulham's fifth signing of the summer after completing deals for Joao Palhinha, Andreas Pereira, Kevin Mbabu and Manor Solomon.

The Cottagers boss Marco Silva is looking to keep the London club in the Premier League this season in order to break the cycle of the club going up and down between leagues and faces a big challenge during the upcoming campaign.

Leno leaves Arsenal after spending the last four years with the club after departing Bayer Leverkusen for the Emirates back in 2018. The German played 101 games for the Gunners in the Premier League, keeping 25 clean sheets within those matches.

The 30-year-old lost his place to Aaron Ramsdale last season but now faces a new challenge with a club at the other end of the league. The German proved at times that he can be a great goalkeeper with the Gunners and could play a big part in Fulham achieving their goals this season.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2022/08/02/fulham-complete-the-signing-of-bernd-leno-form-arsenal/

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Arsenal goalkeeper Bernd Leno on three-year deal
The 30-year-old Germany international made 125 appearances for the Gunners.

GERMAN INTERNATIONAL KEEPER Bernd Leno has completed his move to promoted Fulham from Arsenal after signing a three-year contract.

The Cottagers, who have the option of a further 12 months, have agreed a deal reportedly worth up to £8million for the 30-year-old, for whom the Gunners paid around £20million when they signed him from Bayer Leverkusen in June 2018.

Leno, who lost his place to Aaron Ramsdale last season, told FFCtv: "It feels amazing to finally be here. I can't wait to join the team, to train and play with the team.

"I'm relieved that everything is done. I'm just happy to be here. It took a little bit of time, but in the end we made it and that's the most important thing."

Leno, who had 304 games for Leverkusen under his belt by the time he arrived in North London, kept 37 clean sheets in his 125 appearances for Arsenal.

Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan said: "Bernd Leno is the goalkeeper whom we have pursued steadfastly throughout this transfer window, and we're very excited that we've reached a transfer agreement and he's now fully committed to Fulham.

"He has played at the highest level, and he'll bring this experience and his leadership to our team. He'll be a great addition to [head coach] Marco's [Silva] squad, who are all excited for the season ahead."

https://www.the42.ie/leno-fulham-5831663-Aug2022/

WhiteJC

Fulham complete signing of Leno from Arsenal

Fulham have confirmed the signing of goalkeeper Bernd Leno from Arsenal for an undisclosed fee.

The 30-year-old joins the club on a three-year deal with the option of a further 12 months.

Leno signed for Arsenal in 2018 and went on to make 101 Premier League appearances for the club, keeping 25 clean sheets.

But he played just four times in the Premier League last season after losing his place to Aaron Ramsdale and becomes Fulham's fifth signing of the summer.

"I'm relieved that everything is done," Leno told the club website.

"I'm just happy to be here. It took a little bit of time but in the end we made it, and that's the most important thing."

Marco Silva has recently expressed his frustration with the club's lack of transfer business this summer, and admitted the club are not ready for the start of the Premier League season.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-complete-signing-of-leno-from-arsenal

WhiteJC

Fulham submit bid for unwanted Manchester United defender; Premier League stay possible
The 28-year-old is unwanted at the club and made only a few appearances last season

Fulham have reportedly made a bid for unwanted Manchester United defender Eric Bailly. The Sun has reported that the newly-promoted Premier League club will battle AS Roma and Sevilla for the services of the Ivorian this summer, seemingly on a permanent deal with the other two clubs seeking a loan spell.

Obviously United would like to get rid of Bailly, removing his wages from the books and cashing in on his worth, which will continue to decline in the run up to his contract expiring in the summer of 2024. Last season the Ivorian made just seven appearances in all competitions, which suggests that his time is up.

It is possible that there will be more departures in the defensive ranks at United with Phil Jones, Axel Tuanzebe, Brandon Williams, Alex Telles and Aaron Wan-Bissaka all seemingly surplus to requirements but getting all of them out of the club this summer would involve a lot of work and persuasion.

Fulham has played in the Premier League before and it is always their defence that lets them down, so changing that this summer could be the difference in them being relegated again or staying up. Manager Marco Silva feels that Bailly could be the difference there as he is not a bad defender, just unreliable based on his injury record.

However, that could change if he plays regularly as that has never really been the case at United and would not like happy under the management of Erik ten Hag from this summer either, so his time at the Old Trafford club seems to be on borrowed time. Sports journalist Pete O'Rourke has weighed in on the potential deal, saying:

"Fulham have an offer on the table for Manchester United defender Eric Bailly, but face a fight to persuade him to move to Craven Cottage. Sevilla and Roma are also both chasing Bailly who could be allowed to leave Old Trafford."

Obviously playing for either Sevilla or Roma would give him UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League respectively, which might be better than just playing in domestic competition, but in six years he has settled in the Premier League and could do well staying in the competition.

With Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Lisandro Martinez and Raphael Varane all certain of first team football this season, Bailly would probably player fewer matches than last season, which would be a waste. He should be seeking to find his future away from United and getting on the straight and narrow regarding the rest of his career.

It is also suggested that AC Milan are keeping tabs on the player this summer, which gives him four options should all of the clubs interested in him make a move. That would be something that United would welcome, as long as they are permanent offers as the club will not want him back next summer, which would see them in the same boas as this summer – trying to get rid of him.

https://mufclatest.com/fulham-submit-bid-for-unwanted-manchester-united-defender-premier-league-stay-possible/

WhiteJC

Goalkeeper Bernd Leno FINALLY joins Fulham from Arsenal in £8m deal (with £4m based on them staying up)... with the German international, 30, admitting he's 'relieved' after signing a three-year contract

Fulham have signed Arsenal goalkeeper Bernd Leno on a three-year contract
    Fulham will play £3m up front for the 30-year-old with £5m in add-ons
    Fulham also have an option to extend his contract by a further 12 months

Fulham have signed Arsenal goalkeeper Bernd Leno on a three-year contract in a deal worth up to £8m.

The structure of the deal is understood to be £3m up front, £1m based on Premier League appearances, £2m if Fulham stay up and further £2m if they remain in the top flight the year after.

Fulham also have an option to extend the 30-year-old German's contract by a further 12 months.

Fulham have signed goalkeeper Bernd Leno from Arsenal on a three-year contract

Leno said: 'It feels amazing to finally be here. I can't wait to join the team, to train and play with the team.

'I'm relieved that everything is done. I'm just happy to be here. It took a little bit of time but in the end we made it, and that's the most important thing.'

Fulham's Tony Khan said: 'Bernd Leno is the goalkeeper whom we have pursued steadfastly throughout this transfer window, and we're very excited that we've reached a transfer agreement and he's now fully committed to Fulham.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11074975/Goalkeeper-Bernd-Leno-finally-joins-Fulham-Arsenal-8m-deal-signs-three-year-contract.html

WhiteJC

Marco Silva Gets His Excuses in Early
The Fulham boss is self-handicapping ahead of the season opener. Or he's doing Mind Games.

In addition to the myriad tactical and personnel challenges that come with the job, football managers must also be able to carefully manage the expectations of their team, not only among the players, but also the fans and media, and maneuvering the space between those entities, to ensure that what is being said in public does not negatively impact internal messaging.

Liverpool fans are well acquainted with this phenomenon, having gone from the self-defeating depths of Roy Hodgson, via the self-aggrandising musings of Brendan Rodgers, to the anachronistically straight-forward Klopp era over the course of less than a decade.

Enter Marco Silva. The former Hull, Watford and Everton manager is hosting the Reds for the Premier League's opening fixture at Craven Cottage on Saturday, but if the Portuguese is to be believed, his Fulham side has little chance of getting much from the game.

"No," the 47-year old told West London Sport when asked if Fulham are ready for the new season. "These players, they are ready for the Premier League. The players that we have right now, I congratulate them for the work they have been doing.

"We, as a squad, we are not ready. These players, they are ready.

"I have to tell you," the manager continued. "And I don't want to speak for too much time about the situation, I want to be clear with you; now we have 16 senior players in our squad. No-one competes at this level with 16 senior players in your squad.

"I will tell you one more. No-one can prepare for one season with just two central defenders. We have two central defenders at this level.

"I can continue, and I will not stop, but I don't want to talk more about it. I'm talking because you ask me. (...) We cannot be five weeks into the pre-season with two central defenders. We can't be competitive in this situation and I can talk more positions as well but this will not help at all."

To what extent this is Silva getting his excuses in early for a potential beating at home to start the season, is having a go at Fulham's money men for failing to provide the players necessary to maintain Premier League status when May rolls around, or is attempting to take the pressure of his players is unclear, but one would hope that his attitude is not reflected on the training pitch, or there is serious risk that his tenure will fail to reach the 18 month mark for the fourth time in four jobs.

On Liverpool's end, nothing will be made of this, of course, and the squad will prepare for Fulham like they would any other side; as the first of many obstacles standing in the way of silverware, glory and parades. The lads love parades.

https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-news-coverage/2022/8/3/23289576/marco-silva-excuses-early-self-handicapping-fulham-epl-2022-expectations

Donnie Lonegan

"The ex-Toulouse defender has proven time and time again over the past couple of years that he isn't good enough to be playing at the very highest level.

Because of that, we think Moyes should just move him on and be done with it...

Shouldn't we be trying to buy players who teams don't want to sell, rather than players teams are glad to see the back of?

bencher

Quote from: whitejc on August 03, 2022, 12:41:49 AM

Marco Silva Gets His Excuses in Early
The Fulham boss is self-handicapping ahead of the season opener. Or he's doing Mind Games.

In addition to the myriad tactical and personnel challenges that come with the job, football managers must also be able to carefully manage the expectations of their team, not only among the players, but also the fans and media, and maneuvering the space between those entities, to ensure that what is being said in public does not negatively impact internal messaging.

Liverpool fans are well acquainted with this phenomenon, having gone from the self-defeating depths of Roy Hodgson, via the self-aggrandising musings of Brendan Rodgers, to the anachronistically straight-forward Klopp era over the course of less than a decade.

Enter Marco Silva. The former Hull, Watford and Everton manager is hosting the Reds for the Premier League's opening fixture at Craven Cottage on Saturday, but if the Portuguese is to be believed, his Fulham side has little chance of getting much from the game.

"No," the 47-year old told West London Sport when asked if Fulham are ready for the new season. "These players, they are ready for the Premier League. The players that we have right now, I congratulate them for the work they have been doing.

"We, as a squad, we are not ready. These players, they are ready.

"I have to tell you," the manager continued. "And I don't want to speak for too much time about the situation, I want to be clear with you; now we have 16 senior players in our squad. No-one competes at this level with 16 senior players in your squad.

"I will tell you one more. No-one can prepare for one season with just two central defenders. We have two central defenders at this level.

"I can continue, and I will not stop, but I don't want to talk more about it. I'm talking because you ask me. (...) We cannot be five weeks into the pre-season with two central defenders. We can't be competitive in this situation and I can talk more positions as well but this will not help at all."

To what extent this is Silva getting his excuses in early for a potential beating at home to start the season, is having a go at Fulham's money men for failing to provide the players necessary to maintain Premier League status when May rolls around, or is attempting to take the pressure of his players is unclear, but one would hope that his attitude is not reflected on the training pitch, or there is serious risk that his tenure will fail to reach the 18 month mark for the fourth time in four jobs.

On Liverpool's end, nothing will be made of this, of course, and the squad will prepare for Fulham like they would any other side; as the first of many obstacles standing in the way of silverware, glory and parades. The lads love parades.

https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-news-coverage/2022/8/3/23289576/marco-silva-excuses-early-self-handicapping-fulham-epl-2022-expectations

The arrogance of the Liverpool brigade makes me positively nauseous. They are really due a period of suffering to give them some balance, like Utd fans have had to endure.