A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FoF MOTM & Player Ratings - Fulham 2 v 2 Liverpool = Mitro

Started by jayffc, August 06, 2022, 02:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who was your FOF MOTM  Fulham 2 v 2 Liverpool?

Rodak
2 (0.7%)
Tete
3 (1%)
Tosin
0 (0%)
Ream          
7 (2.3%)
Robinson        
12 (4%)
Kebano
0 (0%)
De Cordova-Reid                                                                                        
2 (0.7%)
Reed
3 (1%)
João Palhinha
69 (22.9%)
Andreas Pereira
7 (2.3%)
Mitrovic'  ⚽️ 32'  Pen 72'
193 (64.1%)
Solomon             Sub 66'
2 (0.7%)
Duffy                  Sub 89'
1 (0.3%)
Cairney               sub 72'
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 301

Voting closed: August 08, 2022, 02:51:38 PM

jayffc

Will preface this as saying hard to give anyone below a 7 as even if they didn't do much the pressing and attitude from every man was brilliant...

Rodak - 7 - a couple of good saves in there, doesn't deserve to be dropped really
Tete - 8 - Fantastic cross for our first goal and generally did well
Tosin - 6.5 - Good enough but a massive lapse in concentration could have cost us earlier in the game,
Ream - 7 - Did well generally, had a blinder of a first half , still a few moments that could have cost us on another day, cant really give him too much of a hard time about getting a skimming head to the ball in the lead-up to the goal, had to get something on it
Robinson - 7 - Most of the action came down his side, caught out a bit for their first goal but otherwise handle Salah very well I thought
Reed - 8.5 - Brilliant engine, did nothing spectacular but was everywhere
Palhinha- 8.5 Smothered so much with his physical presence but did also get caught a couple times, going to be vital this season and something we've been badly missing
Periera - 6.5 - I thought his pressing was key and I do think there's plenty to be positive about but his passing wasnt quite up to scratch today.
Kebano - 7 - Came so close hitting the post and was good first half, faded a little in the second but encouraged by his performance today deputising for Wilson
BDR - 6.5 - Good effort all round without being spectacular
Mitro 9 - MOM worked his socks off and 2 on the board. So happy for him.

Subs:
Solomon - 7 can see he has some talent, came on and played Mitro in with a great pass for the second goal, had he not done that it'd be a 6.5 as didn't get into the game too much but very encouraged his cameo.
Cairney and Duffy not long enough on to rate.

FFC1987

I'm feeling good. 9's across the board with a 10 for Palhinha. And Mitro.

Rambler

Mitro MOM, but everyone played superb. Special mention to Palhinha who absolutely dominated that midfield mopping up literally everything and some really important tackles and interceptions.
Solomon I think just needs more time to integrate, plus with Donetsk and Ukraine he just hasn't played that much competitive football for a while. BDR and Kebano provided more cover for Robinson when on the left than Solomon did but again probably due to the above reasons.

Great start, really encouraging!

love4ffc

Rodak - 7  - A good start for him.  Still a few things that worry me but he deserved the start and played well. 
Tete - 7 - That yellow really made me worry for him and that one touch in the box that put Rodak instantly under pressure. 
Tosin - 6.5 - A bit worrying to me at times but good game overall. 
Ream - 8 - Had a fantastic first half.  Yes he can get caught out at times but he reads the game so well and has some fantastic passing. 
Robinson - 8 - Did brilliant against Sahah and did well to recover from those attacking runs. 
Reed - 8 - Did excellent box to box and really showed how important he is to the team. 
Palhinha- 8.5 - Very impressive.  The combo of him and Reed really was great to see. 
Periera - 7 - Great running but do agree with others his passing let him down. 
Kebano - 7 - Did very well and was very unlucky not to have scored. 
BDR - 6.5 - Always plays hard but was lacking something today. 
Mitro 9 - Proving everyone wrong about not being able to score in the PL.  Did fantastic everywhere he was including defending from corners. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Tabby

Has to be Mitro, but Palhinha was excellent. But the team was good overall.

Brightster#2

Every one played well.... But surely I can't be the only one who thinks tosin had a shocker??? I have never seen someone so tall be so timid in challenges and heading. Just my opinion but I really feel he's the weak link in defense.

Tabby

Quote from: Brightster#2 on August 06, 2022, 03:19:30 PM
Every one played well.... But surely I can't be the only one who thinks tosin had a shocker??? I have never seen someone so tall be so timid in challenges and heading. Just my opinion but I really feel he's the weak link in defense.

Tosin did ok imo. He was a bit slow for the first goal and had a terrible pass in the second half but otherwise not too bad. Good at pushing up and taking the ball though.

Was the least good imo, but far from a shocker.

Skatzoffc

If we play with that attitude and commitment, we are staying up. No question. Mitro for me. Robinson, Pereira workrate excellent. Closing by the whole team great . COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Cambridge Pete

They were all excellent.  Great performance. Well done

F(f)CUK

Could make a case for every outfield player, but with 2 goals and his all round play it has to be Mitro.

Ara's bacon crisps

A fabulous, committed team performance with everyone doing their job. Very excited by Palinha and Pereira, but my MOTM was Robinson. He rightly gets stick at times for switching off and some poor passing, but today I thought he mostly dealt with Salah and had bags of energy. One of his best performances for us and thrilled to see it as I think we've always known there is a real player in there somewhere.

cmg

Mitro gets a rather sensational 9.6 from Whoscored.

And, naturally, Mitosonfire wins the 420 Newmarket at 13/2!

Southcoastffc

Mitro will win the popular vote but IMO the unglamorous but vital hard graft by Palhinha was superb and he's my MotM
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Finnans Right Peg

Went for Mitro, special mention for reed and paulinho if I could have voted for The gaffer I would have .When I seen the team I wasn't too optimistic but he had them well drilled and I will never doubt him again

hovewhite

What a first game back,mitro awesome performance everywhere an inspired 90 odd minutes and 2 goals,backed up by Andreas ,palhino,special word about robinson what a performance he is maturing fast.

LC

Here is the skysports Fulham player ratings for today's game:

Fulham: Rodak (7), Tete (7), Adarabioyo (6), Ream (7), Robinson (7), Reed (7), Joao Palhinha (8), Reid (6), Andreas Pereira (8), Kebano (7), Mitrovic (9).

jayffc

Quote from: LC on August 06, 2022, 05:37:14 PM

Fulham: Rodak (7), Tete (7), Adarabioyo (6), Ream (7), Robinson (7), Reed (7), Joao Palhinha (8), Reid (6), Andreas Pereira (8), Kebano (7), Mitrovic (9).

Other than Periera I think that's pretty close to my feelings, think Pereira's pressing might have pushed him up for them but no way was it a performance on par with Palhinha

LC

Quote from: jayffc on August 06, 2022, 05:48:14 PM
Quote from: LC on August 06, 2022, 05:37:14 PM

Other than Periera I think that's pretty close to my feelings, think Pereira's pressing might have pushed him up for them but no way was it a performance on par with Palhinha

Yes, for me Palhinha was great for us today, I think he deserves more than an 8. Andreas Pereira Had a solid game and his pressing was invaluable for us at times, I probably would have given him a 7.5 or 8. But Palhinha was the great today

bobbo

I went mitro , the goals swung it but I honestly think Robinson ran him a close second . I've been a critic of Robbo ( but never on here ) in the past but I though he was superb today.
1975 just leaving home full of hope