watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Relegation

Started by Andy S, August 07, 2022, 09:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Why are we talking about relegation in August.
You must refrain from what has become an i'll judged forecast due to being frightened of your own shadow.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Cobh Fulham Fan

Yes, its only week two but already things look weird and in upside-down land.   If someone wrote on this site two weeks ago that they'd prefer to face Man U. at the Cottage than Brentford, they would have been laughed off this site.

Yet our next game against Brentford will probably be one of the most important one's we'll play this season as its outcome will probably tell us all we need to know about how we'll go on for the rest of the season.

RaySmith

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on August 14, 2022, 03:13:46 PM
Yes, its only week two but already things look weird and in upside-down land.   If someone wrote on this site two weeks ago that they'd prefer to face Man U. at the Cottage than Brentford, they would have been laughed off this site.

Yet our next game against Brentford will probably be one of the most important one's we'll play this season as its outcome will probably tell us all we need to know about how we'll go on for the rest of the season.

Don't think we should write the season off if we lose one game! All the games will be important, and we should try to get something from them all.

A club's fortunes can change dramatically from form at the start of the season, though Fulham have made a good start so far.

St Eve

I still think it's Bournemouth and 2 others. Obvious choices are us, Forest, Southampton, Leeds. United and Everton are now well in the mix

humussapiens

Currently we have the "worst" start out of promoted teams. Reminds me of SP mantra "we have to learn how to turn draws into wins" :)

Our schedule is not the easiest, with Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea games coming soon.   

blingo

Quote from: humussapiens on August 15, 2022, 11:49:43 AM
Currently we have the "worst" start out of promoted teams. Reminds me of SP mantra "we have to learn how to turn draws into wins" :)

Our schedule is not the easiest, with Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea games coming soon.   

We have also taken a point off of Liverpool.

Thailand Mick

When the fixtures came out I would have snapped your hand off for 7 points from the first 7 games, so a win and a couple of draws from the next 5 and I would be happy with that. I think if you replaced wolves with man City we couldn't have got a harder start to the season, especially the way Brighton and Brentford have started.

b+w geezer

Quote from: Thailand Mick on August 15, 2022, 12:25:19 PM
When the fixtures came out I would have snapped your hand off for 7 points from the first 7 games, so a win and a couple of draws from the next 5 and I would be happy with that. I think if you replaced wolves with man City we couldn't have got a harder start to the season, especially the way Brighton and Brentford have started.
Endorse all that, all the more so in the context of our two winger injuries. If we can hang on it there (which 7 in 7 would imply), we stand a fair chance of improving over the season rather than regressing.

toshes mate

Quote from: Andy S on August 07, 2022, 10:48:10 AM
You can't but that is what predictions are about
Human beings are just not very good at predictions and there are psychological reasons why.   One is the gambler's fallacy which fails to understand that randomness resets after every event (whatever an event is defined as e.g. passing weather, coin tosses, pregnancy tests, road accidents etc.) and has no memory of the past. Another is our inability to feign randomness via prediction even using very sophisticated mathematical and scientific  processing of historic data.   The bit that is missing from history is always today until it is tomorrow.

My own feeling (which isn't a prediction) is that in Marco Silva we have another top class coach who has knocked Jokanovic off his throne.  That coupled with an improved spirit around the Club lets me presuppose FFC could get up to a very healthy points total by end of season.  I have kicked the unknown randoms into touch simply because I'd be lying if I said I knew what they are.  I just have this feeling about Marco Silva and his crew and what they can achieve - a cup trophy to add to the Championship one perhaps? 

SP

Encouraging that Utd, Villa, Saints & the Foxes seem to be joining the relegation dogfight.

hovewhite

Leciester could be shock relagation contenders.

TheCeiling

Quote from: SP on August 20, 2022, 10:13:14 PM
Encouraging that Utd, Villa, Saints & the Foxes seem to be joining the relegation dogfight.
Saints are actually surprising so far with some unexpected good results. They have just won away at Leciester, and drew a 2-2 after trailing 2-0 against Leeds last week. I thought they would be worse the first three games.

SP

Will watch MoTD tomorrow morning but pleased Everton managed to equalise against Forest.