News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Excellent - Fulham v Liverpool post match (merged)

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, August 06, 2022, 02:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

So the old he's not good enough player dribbles past VVD who supposedly doesn't get dribble past and gave away a pen. Liverpool better sell him now, TK put in a cheeky 5m bid

dopple

Quote from: The Swan on August 06, 2022, 08:06:58 PM
This game has to go down as the best opening  game ever. Over the moon with the teams performance.

Nah, 4-1 against Bolton. We were top of the league until Monday evening.

alfie

Quote from: MartyFFC on August 06, 2022, 08:14:55 PM
Quote from: Rodshig on August 06, 2022, 06:33:31 PM
Unpopular opinion. But i feel if we had a more solid cb pairing we may have scrap through that performance with a win.

Regardless 1 point against pool is a good result.
Yeah there's no doubt their second goal was down to poor defending from Ream/Tosin. We still need another CB for sure. That said they were both excellent for the rest of the game, however any mistake will usually get punished at this level
Not going to blame Ream he jumped as high as he could, on the other hand Tosin should have given him a shout.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

LC

Quote from: alfie on August 06, 2022, 10:03:57 PM
Quote from: MartyFFC on August 06, 2022, 08:14:55 PM
Quote from: Rodshig on August 06, 2022, 06:33:31 PM
Unpopular opinion. But i feel if we had a more solid cb pairing we may have scrap through that performance with a win.

Regardless 1 point against pool is a good result.
Yeah there's no doubt their second goal was down to poor defending from Ream/Tosin. We still need another CB for sure. That said they were both excellent for the rest of the game, however any mistake will usually get punished at this level
Not going to blame Ream he jumped as high as he could, on the other hand Tosin should have given him a shout.

The goal wasn't Ream's fault, I thought Tosin made the mistake. But no blame game here today, they saved us a bunch of other times and both had good games. A solid point picked up from one of the best teams in the world

MartyFFC

Yeah I agree about the second goal, Tosin should've given Ream a shout. An almost flawless performance from all that said, and certainly no need to dwell on it.

itombomb

Toisin should have given read a shout or not have overcommitted - but the reality is Ream let Salah get in behind him and then wasn't able to get back and make a decisive intervention.

He had a really strong game, but it was a relatively poor individual error.

Whereas the Nunez goal was a team failing, with us not adjusting to deal with Elliot's movement and leaving Robinson completely exposed.

LC

Got my first look at Harvey Elliot today, he looked decent.

Also one comment for Solomon, he needs time to gel with the team, there was one moment where he had a miscommunication with Robinson which resulted in a chance for Liverpool. I'm looking into things deeply here- still thought he looked good on the whole, clearly got some pace about him and wanted to get involved. Looking forward to seeing him develop 

toshes mate

I couldn't fault anything or anybody in a game that was essentially played to Marco Silva's coaching plan.  For sure there were mistakes but that is football even at the very highest levels.

For the doubters I hope they are beginning to understand how coaches and back room staff are a part of all that inspires and influences a whole operation and the individuals concerened just as effectively as they can be part of all that destoys such teams, individuals and all such feeling of positivity.  It was good to hear Marco Silva say it loud and clear - I am not here to make excuses, I am here to to find solutions.  We have heard that before in the Khan era and I hope the positivity of it rubs off on everyone concerned and most of all the doubters.  Team spirit is worth a goal start in the right hands.

Oh, and Mitro - what a superb all round performance.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on August 07, 2022, 07:21:26 AM
I couldn't fault anything or anybody in a game that was essentially played to Marco Silva's coaching plan.  For sure there were mistakes but that is football even at the very highest levels.

For the doubters I hope they are beginning to understand how coaches and back room staff are a part of all that inspires and influences a whole operation and the individuals concerened just as effectively as they can be part of all that destoys such teams, individuals and all such feeling of positivity.  It was good to hear Marco Silva say it loud and clear - I am not here to make excuses, I am here to to find solutions.  We have heard that before in the Khan era and I hope the positivity of it rubs off on everyone concerned and most of all the doubters.  Team spirit is worth a goal start in the right hands.

Agree with all you say, and i noted that Fulhams work rate off the ball was crucial.
Haven't seen them press the ball from the front all the way through the team as they did yesterday giving Liverpool no time on the ball.
That takes a lot of energy and Fulham hunted them in packs tenaciously and physically bullied Liverpool off the pitch, when was the last time that happened in such a high tempo.
A great day for Fulham in more ways than one, and a moral victory.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bassey the warrior

Outstanding performance, Fulham were winning all the 50-50's and a few stats bear that out. Reed won 3 tackles, Tete 5 and Palhinha 6.

Once the ball was won they got bodies forward and our boy Reed looked great going forward at times with some excellent runs.

Moment of the match has to be twinkletoes Mitrovic fooling one of the worlds best defenders with his slick dribbling. The man was the complete package today.

Tabby

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on August 07, 2022, 07:54:13 AM
Outstanding performance, Fulham were winning all the 50-50's and a few stats bear that out. Reed won 3 tackles, Tete 5 and Palhinha 6.

Once the ball was won they got bodies forward and our boy Reed looked great going forward at times with some excellent runs.

Moment of the match has to be twinkletoes Mitrovic fooling one of the worlds best defenders with his slick dribbling. The man was the complete package today.

Also, this little manoeuvre

https://streamable.com/cw9h64

HV71

Quote from: toshes mate on August 07, 2022, 07:21:26 AM

Great post

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Tabby on August 07, 2022, 07:56:43 AM

That was class.

hkfulham

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on August 07, 2022, 08:13:11 AM
Quote from: Tabby on August 07, 2022, 07:56:43 AM

That was class.

I've been following mitro's workouts with a PT during the off-season.  This is the stongest he's ever been.  He's going to break people this year.  Put Henderson on the floor with a shrug.

FFC In Oz

I thought our midfield 3 were outstanding.

Pereira was absolutely everywhere.  Tracking back and often the furthest forward when we were countering.  He looked dynamic.

Reed was his usual busy self, hurrying about the pitch and recycling possession.

Palhinha was very solid defensively.  He looks like he could be an additional threat from set pieces too with his height.

Great start to the season lads