watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

5-3-2 formation worth exploring?

Started by Rodshig, August 13, 2022, 03:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodshig

With the well documented injuries to our wingers, is it time to explore a different formation 5-3-2

Width to come from tete/robinson

Leno
Tete.   Tosin.   Diop  Duffy.  Robinson

Reed.     Palhinha

Andreas

Reid/kebano.    Mitro

Woolly Mammoth

Fulham may very well need to implement that formation at some stage of the season if circumstances dictate.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

H4usuallysitting

I think we'll know more when the transfer window finishes

filham

Robiinson's finish in attack looks wet, not confident of him delivering as the sole attacker on the left flank.

CheshireWhite

I think its a tall order for Mitro to do it himself upfront for a whole season (especially if we don't sign anyone) and Reid is probably the obvious choice.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: Rodshig on August 13, 2022, 03:23:53 AM
With the well documented injuries to our wingers, is it time to explore a different formation 5-3-2

Width to come from tete/robinson

Leno
Tete.   Tosin.   Diop  Duffy.  Robinson

Reed.     Palhinha

Andreas

Reid/kebano.    Mitro

Given Ream's quality in distribution through two, and the cover he'd have with the extra CB, he'd def feature in this formation.

fancyfeet4

I think if you go to a wing back system your left and right wing backs should be a bit more dangerous going forward.  That lineup takes even more teeth out of our attack.  Robinson and Tetes end product isnt that high.  The teams that implement the wing back system and excel usually have outside backs that are more offensive in nature and both of hte ones listed there dont qualify as that.

4-2-3-1 is kind of our best system.  Maybe 4-2-2-2 when down late, but I thnk a solid 4-2-3-1 is our best bet

MickTheBeard

Looking up silvas record at other clubs he rarely plays 3at back when he has he hasn't faired well.He prefers 4at the back.

Deuce

Its a no for me. We dont have the wingbacks for it, nor the CBs. Or the attackers for it.

Wingbacks not good enough going forward. We dont have the quality or the numvers of Cbs and up front Mitro would be too isolated. Even with a qualitt striker next to him, I dont think we'd be able to execute the tactic of a 352/343 with such poor wingbacks.

Vuk1

I'd like to see this formation possibly against stronger sides, it's a shame Robinson can't cross though.

kiwian

Quote from: fancyfeet4 on August 13, 2022, 11:59:28 PM
I think if you go to a wing back system your left and right wing backs should be a bit more dangerous going forward.  That lineup takes even more teeth out of our attack.  Robinson and Tetes end product isnt that high.  The teams that implement the wing back system and excel usually have outside backs that are more offensive in nature and both of hte ones listed there dont qualify as that.

4-2-3-1 is kind of our best system.  Maybe 4-2-2-2 when down late, but I thnk a solid 4-2-3-1 is our best bet
That cross from Tete v Liverpool wasn't too shabby.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?