more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Attending Matches of other Premier League Teams

Started by fulhamfever, August 24, 2022, 12:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamfever

Does anybody do it?

I cannot get tickets for the Arsenal v Fulham game so decided to go watch Manchester City v Crystal Palace for £25 staying up north this weekend. And if I am lucky get to go to the F1 on Sunday.

Wolf

I'm going to Southampton v Man U on Saturday using a the ST of a friend who is on holiday. Man City v Brighton booked for October. I don't have time to go to Fulham away matches usually (2x kids football) so I tend to watch EFL (Leyton Orient and Swindon so far this season and both Crawley's Carabao matches). If I have next to no time I'll watch non league.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

roberto w6

My daughter lives in the NW and supports Man U. A couple of my friends down here are United ST holders so gave me their seats for the Liverpool game on Monday so as I could take her to celebrate her exam results.

Great view (high in the stand behind the goal), nice atmosphere and of course she was delighted with the result. So I did enjoy it for her.

Made me realise how spoilt I am leaving home at 2.15 and walking down Fulham Place Rd to our ground. We spent nearly 2 hours in the car going 7 miles to the ground and then finding somewhere to park was so difficult. Some knock our atmosphere and this was arguably the biggest game in the English season. That said, it was only marginally louder than the Hammy End has been in our first 2 games.

SP

The kids used to get cheap tickets at Palace many years ago, usually category C games. Remember seeing them play Boro who had some unbelievable talent, was a delight watching them.

ron

In my younger days it was not uncommon ( as many testify on these pages ) to go with your Chelsea supporting pals to Stamford Bridge on Fulham's away weeks. The four shillings admission was easier to find than travelling to away games, and the atmosphere wasn't toxic between supporters of different clubs as it is now. After all, football was a sport then, and vastly different to the hard nosed, overpaid business that it has become. My answer to the OP is a no. I'm happy to stay on familiar territory away from possible aggro and trouble and just enjoy the place I've known these 60 odd years.

Andy S

Wolf there are a lot better things in life than football. I'm happy as I won't be watching any matches and I'm delighted

filham

Quote from: ron on August 24, 2022, 07:57:27 PM
In my younger days it was not uncommon ( as many testify on these pages ) to go with your Chelsea supporting pals to Stamford Bridge on Fulham's away weeks. The four shillings admission was easier to find than travelling to away games, and the atmosphere wasn't toxic between supporters of different clubs as it is now. After all, football was a sport then, and vastly different to the hard nosed, overpaid business that it has become. My answer to the OP is a no. I'm happy to stay on familiar territory away from possible aggro and trouble and just enjoy the place I've known these 60 odd years.
I was one of those that used to mix with friends and other Chelsea fans behind the goal at the Bridge when Fulham were playing away. Great friendly atmosphere with lots of leg pulling, never any trouble.

The only complaint was that in those days the Bridge had a greyhound racing track and you were a long way from the football pitch.

Mokes

In 2011 Barclays ran a Twitter competition that looked for the biggest phony sob stories about why #youarefootball. It was the easiest promotion in the world to win and you would get two sideline tickets to a game. I won like 12 sets of tickets and then said to friends that if they buy the transport and a £5 spoons meal deal,  I would supply the tickets. As a broke 22 year old backpacker,  I went to random games at Anfield, Stamford Bridge, Upton park, Emirates, White hart lane, Old Trafford and even got to see Fulham Liverpool at the cottage and a bunch of other games.

I'd much rather be at Fulham games but footballs football and the atmosphere is awesome. A random West ham v Swansea game at the Boleyn ground was one of the most fun games I've been at. Bubbles everywhere and the Hammers fan singing Harry Potter songs to Jonjo Shelvey was a highlight of my Premier league visits and I couldn't give a hoot about either team but it's still a great day out. Especially if you have never been to the city or stadium before

fulhamfever

I actually got to go to City v Real Madrid Semi Final of the Champions League they just do not sell out

bunter

Quote from: Mokes on August 25, 2022, 10:53:40 AM
In 2011 Barclays ran a Twitter competition that looked for the biggest phony sob stories about why #youarefootball. It was the easiest promotion in the world to win and you would get two sideline tickets to a game. I won like 12 sets of tickets and then said to friends that if they buy the transport and a £5 spoons meal deal,  I would supply the tickets. As a broke 22 year old backpacker,  I went to random games at Anfield, Stamford Bridge, Upton park, Emirates, White hart lane, Old Trafford and even got to see Fulham Liverpool at the cottage and a bunch of other games.

I'd much rather be at Fulham games but footballs football and the atmosphere is awesome. A random West ham v Swansea game at the Boleyn ground was one of the most fun games I've been at. Bubbles everywhere and the Hammers fan singing Harry Potter songs to Jonjo Shelvey was a highlight of my Premier league visits and I couldn't give a hoot about either team but it's still a great day out. Especially if you have never been to the city or stadium before

Nice one, wish I'd known about that promotion! Totally agree with you, its never the same as watching Fulham but I love going to watch football. For those of us in the Fulham heartland of the south east, we're lucky to have so much decent football (albeit not premier league) on our doorstep when we cant get to watch the whites with AFC Wimbledon and Sutton United not too far away. Looking forward to going to watch Dorking Wanderers in the National League at some point too.

FFC1987

I've been going to Southampton games a lot over the past 2-3 years. Father in law had a stroke a few years back and during that time, his son went to work abroad so had no one to go with/take so I used to step in and main thing, drive him. Glad I got to spend more time with him but also missed some cracking seasons at Fulham.