more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Interesting post from our real local rivals

Started by SP, August 22, 2022, 08:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Shredhead

Extremely entertaining thread. Thanks. The Loft for Words game reviews are always worth a read as well.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Hatch007

Christ, that board would have gone in to full-on meltdown if the guy had been sat next to a half time wine-drinking, cheese-eating FFC fan 😂

b+w geezer

Enviable message board. Tone is set by the convenor's matchday previews and reviews, informative but laced with wit and dark humour. A fair few contributors follow that lead --  serious supporters who don't take themselves too seriously.

The R's have another board that is bog-standard poor.

Shredhead

Quote from: b+w geezer on August 23, 2022, 12:34:49 AM
Enviable message board. Tone is set by the convenor's matchday previews and reviews, informative but laced with wit and dark humour. A fair few contributors follow that lead --  serious supporters who don't take themselves too seriously.

I also read the Brighton North Stand Chat Big Board for similar reasons (& local issues / Wordle league)

Donnie Lonegan

If somebody on here posted that they went to Chelsea v Liverpool rather than watch Fulham at Home to Stoke, I'm sure many on here would react in a similar way to some of the QPR fans.
I always love how they think we're posh and called Rupert and Tarquin, there weren't any people like that where I was brought up I can promise you.
I also like how as much as they hate us, they seem to hate Brentford just as much if not more, and I don't blame them either.

SP

Quote from: Shredhead on August 23, 2022, 05:22:59 PM

I also read the Brighton North Stand Chat Big Board for similar reasons (& local issues / Wordle league)

I also look into that BHA board, particularly for the non-football related chat.

FFCBadger

We need to replace Billy with port drinking, cheese eating burgundy man

Motspur Park

Love the knock up of Crostini Sourdough. Never seen that one before.

Wonder if he was on the bench tonight.

The Rock

"They were probably selling those half n half scarves"

So sad they were - and fair play to that comment. I didn't see anyone buy a single one either.

Shredhead

I wonder if its an age thing.
I'm not bothered about QPR  - one of my mates supports them and I got free entry a few times in the 70s when a schoolfriend's dad worked on the turnstiles. Likewise with Brentford- I was unaware of them until a friend got disillusioned with supporting Leeds (top of the league in the 70s) and switched to bottom of the league Brentford. No, its Chelscum who I dislike intensely.

SP

Quote from: SP on August 23, 2022, 06:50:58 PM
Quote from: Shredhead on August 23, 2022, 05:22:59 PM

I also look into that BHA board, particularly for the non-football related chat.

Was on there today looking for updates on the sewage pumped into the sea & I notice we've been rumbled. I'm not registered on their site so can't respond presumably..

SP

Quote from: Shredhead on August 24, 2022, 08:38:36 AM
I wonder if its an age thing.
I'm not bothered about QPR  - one of my mates supports them and I got free entry a few times in the 70s when a schoolfriend's dad worked on the turnstiles. Likewise with Brentford- I was unaware of them until a friend got disillusioned with supporting Leeds (top of the league in the 70s) and switched to bottom of the league Brentford. No, its Chelscum who I dislike intensely.

I try not to acknowledge the existence of that lot down the road at the dog track so I'm happy to consider the other local clubs as our rivals.