watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Physcological weekend with Mr Khan

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, August 24, 2022, 01:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

There was a "Phsycological" intention of the main thread, which I think indicated Marco's intention towards his tean selection

I think his chat with Shahid this weekend, may have been....
"Mr Chairman, We have signed lots of good players but are a long way short of a squad "team"
I am going to prove to you how far away we are, by playing, against Crawley, a few new signings and a lot of celebrated youngsters"

I can't comment any more as I didn't see the game, just GJ
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

The Rational Fan

When told we need more money for squad players. Mr Khans reply would be "Tony Khan has £X available before FFP issues. I don't care if you need £1 or £100m, you can spend £X. How do you suggest we spend it?".

What this teams needs to stay up doesn't matter to Mr Khan, all that matters is what is available and how to distribute over the next few seasons.

Of course, Marco Silva wants to spend it all this season on players that will deliver this season, while Mr Khan will be thinking about how much to keep if this season fails and getting players that can deliver in seasons to come.

Mr Khan knows Marco Silva interests are different to Fulhams in the long-term, which is why Mr Khan needs to listen to Tony Khan opinion, whose interests are aligned with himself and long-term fans. Short-term Fulham's fans interest are aligned to Marco Silva interest, but long-term fabs interest are align to Tony Khans interests. Sure, TK might not know how to deliver what's best for the long-term, but Marco Silva is not interested in this club beyond his tenure.

If we have enough to stay up great, then you can spend more and get more points than we need. There is no than £Xm, once we spend it that is it. If we spend our last pound on a backup striker, then that means no money to get a Palhiho replacement if he gets injured so Chalobah will be our #6 or we play with a back three.

Thailand Mick

Spot on and that is why I believe we have had a great transfer window so far within the restraints of ffp. The players we have signed for the sums paid has been excellent. All managers want more and I'm sure Shahid and the transfer team are doing their best to get more over the line.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Thailand Mick on August 24, 2022, 03:41:47 AM
Spot on and that is why I believe we have had a great transfer window so far within the restraints of ffp. The players we have signed for the sums paid has been excellent. All managers want more and I'm sure Shahid and the transfer team are doing their best to get more over the line.

I'm happy with the goalkeeper, right back and two midfielders, but it's hard to say if recruitment in other positions has been good.

RaySmith

IN the end it depends who is available, who wants to come on the terms offered, and if you don't get your first choice, you get the best you can -
always a bit of chance involved in  buying new players, but both Silva and Khan must know that we need new, better players  to survive in the Prem, but a balance has to be found in introducing new players, and keeping the cohesion and morale of the existing team.

But I think we have done  very well in recruitment this time round - but the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.
But surely Silva and Mr. Khan want the same thing - to stay up this season, which gives us a chance of building a team to remain in the Prem beyond this crucial first season.

Jules

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 24, 2022, 05:14:59 AM

I'm happy with the goalkeeper, right back and two midfielders, but it's hard to say if recruitment in other positions has been good.
Absolutely, ok Duffy is on loan but Diop looks like a dud. A £15m carthorse with a bad attitude. Not sure signing him was wise. WHU fans were queuing up to drive him to Motspur Park.

Arthur

Quote from: Jules on August 24, 2022, 07:35:06 AM

Absolutely, ok Duffy is on loan but Diop looks like a dud. A £15m carthorse with a bad attitude. Not sure signing him was wise. WHU fans were queuing up to drive him to Motspur Park.

Weren't Manchester United fans just as happy to see the back of Perreira? I wouldn't say it's a reliable marker.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: Jules on August 24, 2022, 07:35:06 AM

I  wouldn't judge him on last night's performance, never played with the players before and I believe that may have been his first pre season game. If it wasn't then he hasn't played for weeks.

filham

The long term injuries to Solomon, Wilson and Kebano have hit us badly. At the start of the season we had Wilson, Solomon, Kebano and BDR available for the two wide positions which seemed reasonable. Now suddenly we have to bring in top class players who will only be needed until Christmas, a very difficult task.

MickTheBeard

I agree silva is only concerned with his tenure at fulham,and tony is here for the long term as he has mentioned the centre half and right back were on previous list of players he wanted which is a worry,but i look at chalabah and the spurs goalkeeper and feel we do need a proper dof to argue rhe case for long term recruitment at all levels at that requires a chairman to look beyond managers ever 3years and a son who thinks he is the best thing since fried bread i now i moan to much but me my son and many others really are getting pissed off with that childs behaviour,baring people,threatening fulhams football trust if they dont get rid of certain members who criticise him and childish quotes after we sign aplayer or replying come on fulham when we win and nothing when we loose .They maybe quotes from the pr dept,but he could tell them not to publish it which would be the right approach,but doesn't which makes me think if his dad takes ill or worse we would be fucked.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

The fact that we've brought in Palhinha alone makes this window a success. Add Leno and Pereira to that and this has probably been the best Fulham transfer window in a decade.

alfie

Quote from: MickTheBeard on August 25, 2022, 11:29:10 PM
I agree silva is only concerned with his tenure at fulham,and tony is here for the long term as he has mentioned the centre half and right back were on previous list of players he wanted which is a worry,but i look at chalabah and the spurs goalkeeper and feel we do need a proper dof to argue rhe case for long term recruitment at all levels at that requires a chairman to look beyond managers ever 3years and a son who thinks he is the best thing since fried bread i now i moan to much but me my son and many others really are getting pissed off with that childs behaviour,baring people,threatening fulhams football trust if they dont get rid of certain members who criticise him and childish quotes after we sign aplayer or replying come on fulham when we win and nothing when we loose .They maybe quotes from the pr dept,but he could tell them not to publish it which would be the right approach,but doesn't which makes me think if his dad takes ill or worse we would be fucked.

I fail to understand why saying "come on Fulham" when we win is a problem, what would you like him to say when we lose?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't