A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FoF Man of the Match Fulham 2 v 1 Brighton = Mitrovic

Started by love4ffc, August 30, 2022, 09:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who was your FOF MOTM v Brighton and why?  

Leno
3 (1%)
Tete
7 (2.3%)
Tosin
1 (0.3%)
Ream
12 (3.9%)
Robinson          📒
45 (14.5%)
H. Reed            📒  🔁 92'
8 (2.6%)
J. Palhinha
16 (5.2%)
B. Reid
0 (0%)
A. Pereira       🔁 78'
3 (1%)
Kebano
9 (2.9%)
Mitrovic'         ⚽️ 48'
206 (66.5%)
Cairney         🔁 78'
0 (0%)
Chalobah       🔁 92'
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 310

Voting closed: September 01, 2022, 09:40:35 PM

love4ffc

Fulham really showed some grit and to dig this one out.  Some great performances again from several players so really could see this one being difficult to decide.  Still, there can only be one so who is your FoF MOTM? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Willham

The cover by Robinson was incredible all day long. Tete is so assured in right back too, fantastic display all round again!

Tabby

Mitro all day long. Got the goal, did some excellent defending, some nice spreading of the ball and relieved pressure excellently.

Think the entire team did well in defending against Brighton who are very tricky since they have a lot of movement at the top of the pitch.

Sting of the North

Our defenders were great, but Mitro has now evolved to a world class player. Easily the best player on the pitch again. Absolutely excellent in both directions, and virtually unplayable. A joy to watch.

Mince n Tatties

Robinson...Them that kept slagging him and Ream last season,must be wiping egg off their faces now.😉

Tabby

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 30, 2022, 09:44:34 PM
Robinson...Them that kept slagging him and Ream last season,must be wiping egg off their faces now.😉

Robinson is a lot better when he isn't expected to be a playmaker and I thought he would be able to step up. Ream has been a real surprise so far though, probably his best spell since arriving here.

FFC1987

Mitrovic. Was tight but could of happily of given it to Ream, Palhinha, Tete or Robinson. Loving how good Robinson and Ream look this season, despite my scepticism of Ream. He's torturing me with humble pie.

Sting of the North

I am so surprised everybody is taking about all of our defenders except Tosin. Thought he was immense today (again), and the reason Ream can play his proactive but slightly risk taking game. As a pair they are very, very good. In my opinion.

EastEndWhite

Best forward tonight - Mitro
Best midfielder tonight  - Mitro
Best defender tonight - Mitro

Chi_FFC

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 30, 2022, 10:05:15 PM
I am so surprised everybody is taking about all of our defenders except Tosin. Thought he was immense today (again), and the reason Ream can play his proactive but slightly risk taking game. As a pair they are very, very good. In my opinion.

Agreed. Tosin is criminally underappreciated by folks here. 

jayffc

I think its because he had a few small but shakey moments in the first half tbh. For whatever reason he sometimes gets a little clumsy on the ball and can be prone to switching off in very breif moments, fortunately nothing to majorly worry about today.
Don't think anyone thought he was bad, just not quite as assured as the others, thought his second half was much improved but do think he's generally been the weaker of the back 2 both this and last season though. That said, wouldnt drop him at all, cant justify that and Diop and Duffy havent done enough to claim the spot either so for now, long as were picking up points I've no major complaints.

Woolly Mammoth

It appears to be coming a habit but i had to go for Mitro, he is Fulhams Talisman and a charismatic leader who contributes so much to help this team tick.
Having said that there were many players who won their own battles who could qualify as a  M of M which shows how everyone knuckled down and played for each other.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

To many to choose from, Pailhinha was very good.

Sting of the North

Quote from: jayffc on August 30, 2022, 10:11:27 PM

I think its because he had a few small but shakey moments in the first half tbh. For whatever reason he sometimes gets a little clumsy on the ball and can be prone to switching off in very breif moments, fortunately nothing to majorly worry about today.
Don't think anyone thought he was bad, just not quote as assured as the others, thought his second half was much improved but do think he's generally been the weaker of the back 2 both this and last season though. That said, wouldnt drop him at all, cant justify that and Diop and Duffy havent done enough to claim the spot either so for now, long as were picking up points I've no major complaints.

Fair enough, although I see it slightly different. Thought Tosin was our best defensive player last year and believe he (and Silva) is the key to Ream's uptick in form (not meaning to take credit away from Ream himself).

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 30, 2022, 10:14:16 PM

Don't think anyone thought he was bad, just not quote as assured as the others, thought his second half was much improved but do think he's generally been the weaker of the back 2 both this and last season though. That said, wouldnt drop him at all, cant justify that and Diop and Duffy havent done enough to claim the spot either so for now, long as were picking up points I've no major complaints.

Fair enough, although I see it slightly different. Thought Tosin was our best defensive player last year and believe he (and Silva) is the key to Ream's uptick in form (not meaning to take credit away from Ream himself).

Like you, I'm a big Tosin fan and he's been brilliant, make no mind. I do think some of the Ream appreciation from people like myself is, I just never thought he could perform to these levels as consistently as he has. So maybe I'm a little rose tinted glasses for him in that regard at the moment. As you mentioned though, what's super important, is how well they compliment each other. Plus,. it helps when you have the strength and athleticism of Tete and Robinson next to you, and Palhinha/Reed in front of you. Oh and Silva's brilliance filling these lads with a discipline and confidence the likes I've not seen for a long time at the Cottage at this level. Cloud 9 right now  :wine: :beer:   

Baszab

Robinson definitely second but couldn't beat Mitro

YankeeJim

As the match was winding down I thought Robinson's covering in the box would get him MOM but seeing Mitro covering a striker on our right sideline more than once pushed him over the top for me. He tracked back as well as any striker but was still managed to be up top to control and distribute the ball.
Mitro! Mitro! Mitro!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

LittleErn

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 30, 2022, 10:25:45 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on August 30, 2022, 10:14:16 PM

Like you, I'm a big Tosin fan and he's been brilliant, make no mind. I do think some of the Ream appreciation from people like myself is, I just never thought he could perform to these levels as consistently as he has. So maybe I'm a little rose tinted glasses for him in that regard at the moment. As you mentioned though, what's super important, is how well they compliment each other. Plus,. it helps when you have the strength and athleticism of Tete and Robinson next to you, and Palhinha/Reed in front of you. Oh and Silva's brilliance filling these lads with a discipline and confidence the likes I've not seen for a long time at the Cottage at this level. Cloud 9 right now  :wine: :beer:   

I think Tosin (I can't spell Adorabiyo) is a player that thrives on confidence.  The number of new Centre backs that have come in must have knocked that back a little. I think it shows in his insistence on not taking the ball forward but passing it short to Ream at every opportunity. I have faith in Silva to bring his confidence back again - his best may still be yet to come.

elgreenio

Antonee Robinson was absolutely superb for me tonight, wonderful performance and Kurzawa is going to have to do something special to get him out the team
touch my camera through the fence

ffcthereligion

Don't think anyone thought he was bad, just not quite as assured as the others, thought his second half was much improved but do think he's generally been the weaker of the back 2 both this and last season though. That said, wouldnt drop him at all, cant justify that and Diop and Duffy havent done enough to claim the spot either so for now, long as were picking up points I've no major complaints.

Absolutely agree. Think he's been our only dodgy starter all season and even then he tends to improve as the game goes on