News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham's Best Summer Deadline Day Signing (Past 20 Years)

Started by FulhamForThought, September 01, 2022, 09:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who was the best deadline day signing for Fulham in the past 20 years and why?

You may only select up to 3 options.

Bokonon

Danny, Anderson, and Joe.

Joe because he directly ensured our promotion one year, which had to be worth much more than transfer fees + wage.

FulhamForThought

Quote from: Bokonon on September 01, 2022, 02:19:19 PM
Danny, Anderson, and Joe.

Joe because he directly ensured our promotion one year, which had to be worth much more than transfer fees + wage.

There certainly is a case for Bryan being the best value signing (of the permanent transfers) for that reason.

copthornemike

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 01, 2022, 01:08:40 PM
You forgot Mitro, who originally signed on loan on the 31st January 2018. That would be my choice, no question.
Could not disagree other than to point out that the OP did say Summer Deadline Day. For the survey the sensible choice was Danny Murphy, but I went for Berbatov just for the 'wow, did not see that coming' factor. Yes, towards the end of his time with us he was problematic and probably difficult to manage but the number of times when the crowd went silent for a second after a a piece of footballing genius, magic or whatever you want to call it was priceless.

fcfulham55

No brainer...  Murphy for what he achieved and added to the squad.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

copthornemike

Quote from: filham on September 01, 2022, 12:22:03 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on September 01, 2022, 10:56:19 AM
It's a tough question since it isn't just about the players involved, it also includes managers, squads, and outcomes.
Danny Murphy ticks all the boxes including the one labelled versatility but I wonder how much better some of the others may have been with better coaching and squad depth in situ (e.g. Andersen who gave a lot under a very poor coaching regime). 
Always surprised me that Murphy never had a crack at the manager's job at Fulham.
DM did leave the club under a cloud and still has a sour opinion on how it all ended so a few bridges burnt there.
On the radio earlier this week he stated that when his FFC contract was ending the club offered him an extension on half the money. DM decided to accept Blackburn's offer. Apparently FFC then decided to offer him an extension on his existing terms but on principle he decided to accept Blackburn's offer. What DM did not add however was that his stint at Blackburn did not work out well.