watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff - 06/09/22...

Started by WhiteJC, September 06, 2022, 12:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

I think the problem is the power and wealth of the top clubs, who win everything because their wealth means they attract the top players.

It's not surprising that young players heads are turned if the likes of Liverpool come calling - for this just doesn't mean very high wages, and I doubt they are badly paid at Fulham, but the only chance to win major honours in the game, in a top flight career that only last about ten years.

If it was a more level playing field, then players like Sess, Carvalho, etc., might stay at Fulham, and try to win things with them.

To criticise young players for their loyalty seems harsh, when they've probably seen so many young players they grew up with, being told by clubs 'sorry son, we just don't think you're good enough to make the grade, so we're letting you go.'
Not much sentiment in pro football, with so much money involved -it's big business.

I posted above how clubs used to treat players, like slaves they owned, paid a pittance - now many probably think things have gone too far the other way.

But I think players' personal morality should be taken out of it - it's the unfettered market that makes football the way it is in this country - the players are paid the high wages, because money is made out of them -
but only as long as a player can perform at the highest level - get a long term injury, or just terminally lose form, maybe playing in a team or position that doesn't suit you, for example, or a manager who just doesn't like your style of play or personality, and you're out the squad, maybe lose confidence, etc. - and  you'll be out the door.