Main Menu

Fulham's attack

Started by Bassey the warrior, September 06, 2022, 07:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

Quote from: ffcthereligion on September 06, 2022, 09:01:42 AM
Quote from: rebel on September 06, 2022, 08:48:08 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 06, 2022, 08:14:50 AM
A good defense, "Mitro on Fire" and some attack elsewhere however poor, should get us 17th, which is an incredibly good result. We are such a financial disadvantage compared to clubs that have been in the premier league for three seasons, most of whom can spend big in the winter transfer window if required and we cannot. Two of Fulham, Bournemouth, Forest, Brentford and Leeds are going down, although it's probably three of those teams going down.

A few weeks ago you could of added Man Utd to that list.

You could argue that it won't be Fulham based on the fact that no team with 8 points at this point of the season has ever gone down. So shouldn't be on your list of five. At this point of the season you could argue that all 20 teams are candidates for relegation.

No you couldn't have. Any fair minded person knows that there are 6/7 teams in our division that can be relegated, United are not one of them

agree, BUT there is an outside chance that one of the 14/13 other teams will implode and get relegated. Leicester could be the one...5 straight defeats and many of the players turned on each other on the pitch at the weekend. They obviously have the quality to stay up but that may not be enough if the team is falling apart.

filham

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 06, 2022, 10:44:12 AM
Quote from: filham on September 06, 2022, 09:58:36 AM
Yes, we need to add spark to our attack that is clearly missing Solomon and Wilson who will probably be absent until after the break.
Lets hope Willian and James can add pace and power in the wide positions and perhaps Cairney should be given more game time as Pereira is not really performing well.

Don't see Cairney as a starter as we lose too much from our pressing game, which he isn't suited to, however, I think Silva should be bringing him on earlier if Pereira isn't being too effective.
Yes, you are right, and that is what I meant, Cairney to start on the hour or even at half time.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: toshes mate on September 06, 2022, 09:40:47 AM
A good defense, "Mitro on Fire" and some attack elsewhere however poor, should get us 17th, which is an incredibly good result. We are such a financial disadvantage compared to clubs that have been in the premier league for three seasons, most of whom can spend big in the winter transfer window if required and we cannot. Two of Fulham, Bournemouth, Forest, Brentford and Leeds are going down, although it's probably three of those teams going down.

You could argue that it won't be Fulham based on the fact that no team with 8 points at this point of the season has ever gone down. So shouldn't be on your list of five. At this point of the season you could argue that all 20 teams are candidates for relegation.

No you couldn't have. Any fair minded person knows that there are 6/7 teams in our division that can be relegated, United are not one of them
If only a similar mentality could exist among fair minded persons that FFC is not one of those 6/7 teams this season. 

Who is to say what helps most of all when it comes to achievment and success?  Do the "Reams" of this world battle to prove they are good enough or do they know that already and the only battle they really want is a fair minded chance to prove it? 

Whatever the problem Marco Silva and team are there to solve it and I do not see any one of them having a thought about us going down.  They are fighters and nothing is inevitable not even the survival of of the money machine that is Man Utd.  Stranger things have happened. 

You make a good point on ream but it's an extreme example. Ream has proven me wrong and I'm delighted to have been wrong, but it remains a far more plausible scenario for a championship winning centre back with previous premier league experience to suddenly be good enough to cut it as a starter in the premier league than it is for the richest club in the world with a team and bench of internationals to suddenly be relegated.

I still contend that it is not a fair minded position to take. Of course that does not rule out it taking place, and crazy things can happen, ie Leicester, but these things are 5000-1 for a reason. Probabilistic reason is not something to be dismissed it pretty much governs our existence!

mrmicawbers

Quote from: rebel on September 06, 2022, 09:23:45 AM

Well, look at Leicester, a case in point, Europe a couple of seasons ago, prime relegation candidates now, so it isn't a case of 'fair minded person', all things are possible. Your statement reminds me of big company failures, Debenhams, Woolworths etc, people said it would never have happened etc. I know the dynamics of how and why they failed. 
I said on Saturday,why not move Tete to the right 

WindyCity

and perhaps Cairney should be given more game time as Pereira is not really performing well.

IDK, maybe I'm missing something?  I think Pereira has played very well so far.  I think the two new midfield P's are big reason we sit mid table at present.  Not sure why Pereira gets so much stick in this forum.  I think he's been a positive addition into this team.

alfie

Quote from: mrmicawbers on September 06, 2022, 01:15:33 PM
Quote from: rebel on September 06, 2022, 09:23:45 AM

Well, look at Leicester, a case in point, Europe a couple of seasons ago, prime relegation candidates now, so it isn't a case of 'fair minded person', all things are possible. Your statement reminds me of big company failures, Debenhams, Woolworths etc, people said it would never have happened etc. I know the dynamics of how and why they failed. 
I said on Saturday,why not move Tete to the right
Tete is already on the right.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Free Elvis Hammond

Quote from: WindyCity on September 06, 2022, 04:04:12 PM
and perhaps Cairney should be given more game time as Pereira is not really performing well.

IDK, maybe I'm missing something?  I think Pereira has played very well so far.  I think the two new midfield P's are big reason we sit mid table at present.  Not sure why Pereira gets so much stick in this forum.  I think he's been a positive addition into this team.

I like Pereira, enjoying watching him play, but I do think people will run out of patience with his total lack of end product

Bokonon

Quote from: Free Elvis Hammond on September 06, 2022, 04:30:29 PM

I like Pereira, enjoying watching him play, but I do think people will run out of patience with his total lack of end product

Which is a bit silly, IMO, since work rate in the high press is a huge part of his end product in this system. I don't mind his offense as much, as long as he is harrying defenders for the full 90.

filham

Quote from: Bokonon on September 06, 2022, 04:32:38 PM

Which is a bit silly, IMO, since work rate in the high press is a huge part of his end product in this system. I don't mind his offense as much, as long as he is harrying defenders for the full 90.
Sorry but playing in that attacking midfield role he has to produce a goal from time to time and after six games we haven't seen one.

Sting of the North

I agree in principle. Coupled with a similar lack of threat from Kebano and BDR (not to mention Reed, who is often around the box), we do have a problem however. Would love to see TC a bit more if we ever get to play some of the lesser sides, or if we feel that a high pressing game is not suited to the opponent. Pereira could maybe take Reed's position.

perry geyton

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 06, 2022, 10:44:12 AM
Yes, we need to add spark to our attack that is clearly missing Solomon and Wilson who will probably be absent until after the break.
Lets hope Willian and James can add pace and power in the wide positions and perhaps Cairney should be given more game time as Pereira is not really performing well.

Don't see Cairney as a starter as we lose too much from our pressing game, which he isn't suited to, however, I think Silva should be bringing him on earlier if Pereira isn't being too effective.

At 60 mins minimum, problem is Andreas would throw a wobbly, he's extremely confident for a player who has still yet to prove himself

Hugh Gentry

I agree, I think he has done eactly the job we needed in this division and done it well, defending from the front and running his nuts off for 70 minutes. I think this comes from people who watch games on TV and don't see the work he does off the ball.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

No mention of Vinticus on here ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Other than Mitro, imo Dan James has the most goals in him until Wilson and Solomon are fit.

copthornemike

One regret from Saturday was that we ended up with two tall and powerful forwards, Mitro & Vinicius, but we're unable to send in any decent crosses. Mitro did incredibly well to let off two shots (one of which was the goal, the other requiring a top, top save from Loris) but no crosses to heads.
Still we did not deserve much from the game despite Mitro.

copthornemike

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on September 06, 2022, 09:40:42 PM
Other than Mitro, imo Dan James has the most goals in him until Wilson and Solomon are fit.
Unless Silva can pull a master stroke James's Leeds stats would suggest otherwise, then again they would not have released him to us if he was a natural goal scorer! Then again the likes of Thierry Henry started out as a winger!
However pleased we have a pacy wide man like James when we play teams with a high press. Might prove interesting against Chelsea at some point!

Somerset Fulham

If we only play one up front in this formation then of course one player is going to score most of the goals, isn't he?

We have backup (and he is backup because he isn't as good as out first choice) but the system will remain the same should a change need to be made.

Palhinha Colada

Quote from: General on September 06, 2022, 09:19:39 AM
This isn't against Mbabu at all. He's a very right footed player and was played out of position against a top team, but Robinson has the LB battle very tightly contested last weekend and until he went off we were at 0-0 and holding spurs at bay.

When he went off Mbabu was targeted at LB and his right footedness led directly to a slip which gave spurs the space to find each other for their first goal.

I'm doubting kurzawa will be fit anytime soon so let's hope Robinson is going to be OK as we're buggered at LB if he's not.

It's not unfair to say Mbabu was poor, even noting the difficulty of coming in on the left side. Before the giveaway for Spurs' first goal, Mbabu was caught out of alignment with the rest of the back four and flat-footed, keeping Son onside and wide open for the chance that hit the bar. Then go watch the second goal, where he tracks back and then ... literally stands there in the goalmouth as Kane gets inside position on him and taps home. It's truly shocking when you see it.

On the heels of his horror sub appearance against Arsenal, I think it's fair to say -- at this current time, anyway -- that he cannot defend at this level, so I hope the PSG import is fit for Saturday if Jedi isn't. Otherwise, I'd play BDR at LB, and leave Mbabu for a situation where his ability to get forward and cross has value and his inability to defend won't be as exploited.

WindyCity

Quote from: filham on September 06, 2022, 05:06:45 PM
Sorry but playing in that attacking midfield role he has to produce a goal from time to time and after six games we haven't seen one.

Well then, just how many goals have been scored by FFC by anyone not named Mitrovic????