watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where does everyone fit in?

Started by General, September 18, 2022, 10:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Got the assist in 24 minutes of game time against Liverpool. Powder puff? Far from it.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Agree, Solomon looked good in the game time he had, and was an exciting player at Shakhtar.

blingo

Take your hats off to MS for creating the most delightful problem.

bornafulhamfan

When everyone is fit and completely integrated in the squad:
Leno
Tete Diop Ream Kurzawa
Reed Palhinha
Wilson Pereira Solomon
Mitrovic

Harsh on Tosin and Robinson probably, but I think that both Diop and Kurzawa have a higher ceiling than them.
Solomon, I've seen enough of him in the Champions League to make me believe that he'll be our best winger once fully fit and integrated. The rest of the team are much easier decisions, although the subs will be key for when we need to freshen things up during a match and when we need to replace injured/suspended players.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: General on September 19, 2022, 12:25:05 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 18, 2022, 02:59:07 PM
Is Willian and Wilson workable?

I would need to see more of Solomon before bigging him up, he looked a bit powder puff against Liverpool if I'm honest.

Powder puff? Didn't he pass the ball to mitro which won the penalty? Give him a bit more credit. He came on as a sub in his first game in the PL against what many thought would be one of the top teams (still with a lot of quality) and made a significant contribution and helped us get a draw. Not like he was powder puff against Everton or West ham. On top of that he'd hardly played since the war broke out in Ukraine.

Happy to make a decision on him after a few more games but still. Given everything, think its a tad harsh to say he was powder puff.

He's also what? 23?22?

Which is exactly why I said that I would need to see more of him?

Hatch007

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on September 19, 2022, 09:33:20 AM
Leno
Tete Diop Ream Kurzawa
Reed Palhinha
Wilson Pereira Solomon
Mitrovic

Harsh on Tosin and Robinson probably, but I think that both Diop and Kurzawa have a higher ceiling than them.
Solomon, I've seen enough of him in the Champions League to make me believe that he'll be our best winger once fully fit and integrated. The rest of the team are much easier decisions, although the subs will be key for when we need to freshen things up during a match and when we need to replace injured/suspended players.
I'd have to reserve judgment on Kurzawa until I've seen him play. Until then Robinson makes my preferred XI because he's been outstanding this season IMHO

McBrideOfFrankenstein

No way I start Kurzawa over Robinson until he fully proves himself.

ffcthereligion

Leno

Tete   Diop    Ream    Robinson

Reed      Palihina

Wilson      Pereria       ???

Mitro

For me the team picks itself aside from the left wing position. I think James is an impact sub to stretch tired defences with electric pace, Willian a cool head who offers bits of quality but not for 90 mins, Solomon too early to say. The one you'd have no doubts about on current form is Bobby Reid, but Neeskens is a left winger by trade and I'd give him the nod for now

Classic94

Leno
Tete, Tosin/Diop, Ream, Robinson
Reed, Palhinha
Wilson, Andreas, Solomon
Mitrovic

Pretty much agree with most of the teams posted already. I wouldn't break up the midfield 3, and Wilson + Solomon are probably our strongest wide options when fit. BDR, James, Willian and Kebano could all stake a claim though.

FreiBird

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 19, 2022, 11:29:47 AM
Quote from: General on September 19, 2022, 12:25:05 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 18, 2022, 02:59:07 PM
Is Willian and Wilson workable?

I would need to see more of Solomon before bigging him up, he looked a bit powder puff against Liverpool if I'm honest.

Powder puff? Didn't he pass the ball to mitro which won the penalty? Give him a bit more credit. He came on as a sub in his first game in the PL against what many thought would be one of the top teams (still with a lot of quality) and made a significant contribution and helped us get a draw. Not like he was powder puff against Everton or West ham. On top of that he'd hardly played since the war broke out in Ukraine.

Happy to make a decision on him after a few more games but still. Given everything, think its a tad harsh to say he was powder puff.

He's also what? 23?22?

Which is exactly why I said that I would need to see more of him?

Scoring against Real Madrid and Man City in the Champions League, creating our chance that resulted in the pen against Liverpool in his first 10 minutes as a Fulham player.

But yea no he's a powder puff alright.

Somerset Fulham

I didn't say he was, I said he looked it.

I don't see the problem with saying that I would need more time before passing judgement on a player who is yet to play 90 minutes for us before being injured for five months.

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Hatch007 on September 19, 2022, 02:30:49 PM
Quote from: bornafulhamfan on September 19, 2022, 09:33:20 AM
Leno
Tete Diop Ream Kurzawa
Reed Palhinha
Wilson Pereira Solomon
Mitrovic

I'd have to reserve judgment on Kurzawa until I've seen him play. Until then Robinson makes my preferred XI because he's been outstanding this season IMHO
Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on September 19, 2022, 04:53:09 PM
I've said when fully FIT and INTEGRATED. If he manages to get back to his best mental and fitness levels and of he's integrated well with the squad he should be better than Robinson. Obviously that's not the case now, but Solomon and Wilson can't start either. This is what,in my opinion, our strongest team on paper is once everyone is in perfect condition.

Surlyc

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on September 20, 2022, 09:30:53 AM
Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on September 19, 2022, 04:53:09 PM
I've said when fully FIT and INTEGRATED. If he manages to get back to his best mental and fitness levels and of he's integrated well with the squad he should be better than Robinson. Obviously that's not the case now, but Solomon and Wilson can't start either. This is what,in my opinion, our strongest team on paper is once everyone is in perfect condition.
The job should be Robinson's to lose, given that he's a 25 y/o player we actually own rather than a 30 y/o on loan. Who knows how it will play out, but I think it's fair to see Robinson as the long term answer until shown definitively otherwise.

Re Solomon I think it is less that he was powderpuff and more that he was clearly not match fit against Liverpool (hence him playing the reserve game where he was unfortunately injured). He is a very skilful player but we will have no idea how good he can actually be in the PL until he is back and actually match fit.

I don't think a midfield of Palhinha/Pereira/Willian is a good idea. Willian looked good on the wing which is where I expect he plays -he doesn't bring the work-rate/engine to the CM spots that we would need. I'd rather play Palhinha/Pereira/BDR if Reed is missing.