watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Statement on the Ofal

Started by SP, September 21, 2022, 04:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

About time they did something about the antisocial actions that've crept in, it'll be interesting to see how they action this:

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/september/21/premier-league-statement/

Andy S

I disagree. I think each case should be judged individually. Flares though a straight Ban invasion of pitch though is a bit harsh unless there is a motive

RaySmith

Quote from: SP on September 21, 2022, 04:13:47 PM
About time they did something about the antisocial actions that've crept in, it'll be interesting to see how they action this:

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/september/21/premier-league-statement/

It says that all offenders will be reported to the police, and there will be standard bans for offences, as well as criminal convictions presumably.

Significant that the PL has taken this action, don't recall them doing this before, since clubs already have policies regarding these types of behaviour, but now running onto the pitch has officially been recognized as an offence, when before it maybe wasn't seen in this light -if fans were celebrating a victory or promotion, for example.

Ruislip White

I'm guessing it's a reaction to the fans that ran on and assaulted players last season.  A minority at other clubs have most likely caused this. 

Penalties on pyros are welcome, as most people don't fancy inhaling (or having their kids inhale) loads of smoke because some tool wants set fire to stuff in a crowded space.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Ruislip White on September 21, 2022, 10:17:59 PM
I'm guessing it's a reaction to the fans that ran on and assaulted players last season.  A minority at other clubs have most likely caused this. 

As usual a few idiots ruin it for everyone else. But the pitch invasions were getting out of hand anyway. They used to feel spontaneous. They were starting to get expected. No doubt because of people wanting to take pictures on the pitch. Sad really

The King

Penalties on pyros are welcome, as most people don't fancy inhaling (or having their kids inhale) loads of smoke because some tool wants set fire to stuff in a crowded space.

How come all those Europeans fancy inhaling loads of smoke then?

_Putney_

Well I've agreed with some of my friends that any club that wants to charge £100 for a ticket will be reported to the police.

ruislip ray

Bloke near me at Nottingham was lighting up and smoking fags.

junior white

Personally in favour of this, only takes one or two idiots for things to start getting gout of hand. They do not even have to be fans of the clubs playing just trouble makers turning up It could deprive fans of seeing a trophy presentation.

Twig

Quote from: The King on September 22, 2022, 10:01:33 AM

How come all those Europeans fancy inhaling loads of smoke then?

Because they're tools?

Twig

Totally in favour of this and even tougher sanctions.  Football is in danger of heading back to the dark ages of the 80's and I think that would be a huge retrospective step.  I know the badly behaved elements are a small proportion at every club but their noise, mischief and negative impact seems to be on the rise again.

toshes mate

Quote from: _Putney_ on September 22, 2022, 11:00:44 AM
Well I've agreed with some of my friends that any club that wants to charge £100 for a ticket will be reported to the police.
A nicely sharpened comment about the damage football does to itself regardless ...  idiots with lots of disposable income are still idiots.