watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nfr: Atletico Madrid

Started by SP, September 18, 2022, 08:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Just watching the Madrid derby on ITV4, didn't realise they've got such a big/decent stadium. Unlike WHU (1975), I don't feel any ill will to them, perhaps we can play them for the grand Riverside Stand opening?

Lester Burnham

Simeone has them playing some dire anti-football but it would be good to see AM play at the Cottage tho.

Tabby

They also chanted at "monkey" at a black player in the Real Madrid team, so might want to hold those plaudits a bit.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Tabby on September 19, 2022, 12:28:14 PM
They also chanted at "monkey" at a black player in the Real Madrid team, so might want to hold those plaudits a bit.
Isnt that just a backward Spanish thing? Like in Eastern Europe

SP

Quote from: Tabby on September 19, 2022, 12:28:14 PM

Not sure what you mean by plaudits but I'm sorry to hear there have been racism issues. My opinion was based on the fine AM team we lost so narrowly to & the good relations there seemed to be with their fans in Hamburg.

Free Elvis Hammond

I had no idea about it in 2010 - it was all great in Hamburg - but they have a big neo-Nazi contingent among their ultras. There are some videos of thousands of them chanting 'monkey' at Vinicius before the game on Sunday, and the club has had to ban loads of fans for Nazi salutes over the last few years. Pretty grim

You'd hope a club known for its hatred of Franco's team and with a traditional working class fanbase would steer clear of that stuff, but sadly not. Rayo Vallecano are a real anti-fascist club in that city though