News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

so who fills in for Jaoa in the next game then ?

Started by perry geyton, September 21, 2022, 10:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Wondering who's it gonna be, if i had to guess id say Challobah but hoping Marco has a trick up his sleeve

wondering if Perriera could drop back and play the role and give TC a start in front of him and Reed

Somerset Fulham

Reed will do it.

Then you will have Pereira in Reed's role and from there its a toss up between BDR or TC for the advanced role. I think it it will be the former, although I think both are equally capable and both bring different options to the table.

Thats my guess anyway.

perry geyton

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 21, 2022, 10:23:01 PM
Reed will do it.

Then you will have Pereira in Reed's role and from there its a toss up between BDR or TC for the advanced role. I think it it will be the former, although I think both are equally capable and both bring different options to the table.

Thats my guess anyway.

im def good with that as id like to see TC get a well deserved start

i just don't think that Challobah is up too it but id be happy to see him prove me wrong

could BDR also play the role in front of Reed also I'm wondering

Somerset Fulham

I think BDR would get the nod because he has played well for us so far without really standing out, but obvs TC to be involved is always going to be grand. And if he starts and we need to defend a lead from the front later on, then BDR is the perfect sub.

I am one of the few who think that there is a player in Chalobah somewhere, but do agree with the masses that he needs to sort himself out if he's going to have any real chance of making an impression here now. He's had long enough.

I also think that BDR can play almost anywhere in this team aside from centre half, so your idea isn't a bad one either.

perry geyton

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 21, 2022, 10:58:03 PM
I think BDR would get the nod because he has played well for us so far without really standing out, but obvs TC to be involved is always going to be grand. And if he starts and we need to defend a lead from the front later on, then BDR is the perfect sub.

I am one of the few who think that there is a player in Chalobah somewhere, but do agree with the masses that he needs to sort himself out if he's going to have any real chance of making an impression here now. He's had long enough.

I also think that BDR can play almost anywhere in this team aside from centre half, so your idea isn't a bad one either.
I wonder if Tim Ream could sit in front of Diop & Tosin ? It seems a little adventurous due his lack of speed but I wouldn't put it past him the way he's been playing

Yeah BDR can definately play anywhere too

I think it'll be Challobah though cos his game is all about getting stuck in,  definately his chance to shine and win us all over,

SG

Well whatever Marco's plan thankfully he has a couple of weeks of training to put it in place. Jao uses his height a lot to win headers when breaking up play so my guess would be it's not going to be Reed. Chalobah it is then.

hovewhite

Seeing Marco played ream in the full back role and it was unexpected then maybe we should expect the unexpected.

General

Bdr----------mitro--------kebano/James

--------------Willian-------------------

---------Pereira---------------------
                 Reed

General

Or you bring in Duffy, Diop or Ream to a DM position to add some legs.

Thailand Mick

Only saw some short highlights of the Forest game but a few people on here mentioned that Diop looked good at bringing the ball out of defence so if Robinson is fit for the left back position could we not push Diop forward in front of Tosin and Ream or do people think he would be too slow for that role.

H4usuallysitting

Sting of the North

I don't think Palhinha's aerial ability is the more important aspect in his success. He is top of the league in the pressing and tackling statistics. That is what we need from that position I believe. Logically Reed and Pereira would be the two most suited if they can adapt their games. Chalobah may have impressed in training of course but he sure hasn't impressed me in any game so far since he joined the club.

My biggest worry is that we will lose Palhinha's excellent positional discipline and tackling ability. With Reed there is a much bigger risk that he finds himself completely out of position and leaving the centre backs exposed. Let's hope he has slowly learned to be less of a ball watcher and more of a reader of the game, because I believe he is currently our best bet to replace Palhniha.

Jim©

I wouldn't be overly surprised to see Diop play there for a couple of reasons:
1) He probably doesn't deserve dropping after his last game
2) He seems to have the attributes to play there.
However, I'm not on the "Chlobah's not up to it" bandwagon either and wonder what a player coming into that position (who doesnt ever play there) would do to his confidence.
This is all assuming that Robinson is fit to play.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: General on September 22, 2022, 08:11:49 AM

Reed

I don't think Willian has the legs for that role ATM, hope and think they will use the workrate of BDR together with Pereira and Reed.

Jimmy Hill

Silva likes x2 for each position and they are in competition with each other. Id imagine chalabolah will get 1st go otherwise how is he ever going to get a game? Everyone writing him off reminds me people writing Tim Ream off in pre season. It also saves changing x3 players positions to accommodate reed as DM.

ffcne

Marco has got his team selections spot on this season.
Hopefully does the same for NUFC .They will try and counter attack with the pace they have,
Still see no place for Cairney in the starting line up.

perry geyton

Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 22, 2022, 09:22:30 AM

Reed

I don't think Willian has the legs for that role ATM, hope and think they will use the workrate of BDR together with Pereira and Reed.
Willians a wide man, no chance he's playing that roll

perry geyton

Quote from: Jimmy Hill on September 22, 2022, 11:24:35 AM
Silva likes x2 for each position and they are in competition with each other. Id imagine chalabolah will get 1st go otherwise how is he ever going to get a game? Everyone writing him off reminds me people writing Tim Ream off in pre season. It also saves changing x3 players positions to accommodate reed as DM.

If I had to bet on it I'd say Challobah,

perry geyton

Quote from: hovewhite on September 22, 2022, 07:57:48 AM
Seeing Marco played ream in the full back role and it was unexpected then maybe we should expect the unexpected.
Very true
No one saw that coming

Sting of the North

Quote from: perry geyton on September 22, 2022, 04:27:48 PM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 22, 2022, 09:22:30 AM

Reed

Willians a wide man, no chance he's playing that roll

I have not looked much into his career. In the recent interview from a few days ago, the man himself claims to be able to play left, right and as a number 10. So, maybe not out of the realm of possibility.