watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Incident at Forest v Fulham

Started by spikey norman, September 27, 2022, 10:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikey norman

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/nottingham-forest-investigation-after-reds-7604931

Has anyone ever witnessed any trouble between any of our own fans at a home match?
I can't remember seeing any in all my time watching games at the Cottage.

Away from home though I was at Juventus which  was truly shocking.

Still don't know what caused all that trouble.

Motspur Park

Some people are optimists and some wear their loyalty and resilience to stay to the end like a badge of honour. I respect and admire those people, but when the team are getting hammered I am not one of those people. I left just after half time when we were getting spanked by Blackburn at Loftus Road, away to West Ham under Jol where we hadn't had a shot on target and left at half time when Man City were 3 or 4 up.

It's up to an individual if they want to stick it out.

Marcus

Fortunately, Fulham has always been renowned for a rather civilised fanbase, although that is not to say we are completely exempt from attracting the odd undesirable... I think Nottingham Forest's support is not the best, witness the incident at the end of the play off semi against Sheffield United, their fans seem to think they have some God given right to be in the Premier League because of what Brian Clough achieved all those years ago, football has moved on, and it is more difficult for provincial teams in the Midlands and the North of England, the pressure of that has got to some... we are fortunate to be blessed with a fine geography, but we still know our place in the world, which is why we are appreciating these times under the Khans and Marco even more...

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I remember at Gillingham some time back when I left sharply at the end and then realised that I had parked in a one way back road pointing to the ground. I had to drive slowly towards the Fulham supporters walking towards me and met a crowd banging on my bonnet and sides of the car for no reason at all although I had no display that I was one of their own
An unpleasant and at the time frightening experience which proves that all clubs have their unruly element.

Wolf

Quote from: Motspur Park on September 27, 2022, 11:12:32 AM
Some people are optimists and some wear their loyalty and resilience to stay to the end like a badge of honour. I respect and admire those people, but when the team are getting hammered I am not one of those people. I left just after half time when we were getting spanked by Blackburn at Loftus Road, away to West Ham under Jol where we hadn't had a shot on target and left at half time when Man City were 3 or 4 up.

I left after an hour of that Blackburn match. Only time I've ever left very early. I've only ever left before FT a hand full of times, the trauma of missing two goals when I left a match early as a kid looms large.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

elgreenio

not like that but there was actually a couple of punches thrown between our own fans at the same game, just up the stairs behind the goal where the standard "no seat i'll just stand in the aisle" motion was in full swing
touch my camera through the fence

SP

I recall a fight in the FFC stand against Brighton at the Goldstone Ground years back, went on for ages but no idea what it was about.

3rdgenfan

I was at Spurs away match this season and a few Fulham starting fighting against each other in the away end bar before kick off

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: SP on September 27, 2022, 05:45:36 PM
I recall a fight in the FFC stand against Brighton at the Goldstone Ground years back, went on for ages but no idea what it was about.

I remember Fulham fans fighting in the corner at Brighton in 84. It was something about Gordon Davies going & a few slagging him off & others got the right hump with them
Also remember a massive kick off in the park at the Goldstone a few years later with loads from both sides getting stuck in

Motspur Park

Quote from: Wolf on September 27, 2022, 01:15:14 PM
Quote from: Motspur Park on September 27, 2022, 11:12:32 AM

I left after an hour of that Blackburn match. Only time I've ever left very early. I've only ever left before FT a hand full of times, the trauma of missing two goals when I left a match early as a kid looms large.
I've missed quite a few goals. Both goals against Ashford away, an equaliser at Charlton (loads of us were on the station and heard the cheers) and god knows how many at Fulham. I console myself with the 'lucky pants' analogy. I convince myself we wouldn't have scored if I had stayed to the end.

SP

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 28, 2022, 12:59:48 AM
Quote from: SP on September 27, 2022, 05:45:36 PM

I remember Fulham fans fighting in the corner at Brighton in 84. It was something about Gordon Davies going & a few slagging him off & others got the right hump with them
Also remember a massive kick off in the park at the Goldstone a few years later with loads from both sides getting stuck in

That's the one, it was always rammed in that corner so some achievement to find the space to fight.

filham

I think our fans have a good reputation and hope we can keep it that way. Hard for me to remember any bad incidents but I do not attend many away games, I fully support the club in punishing fans guilty of causing trouble.

SP

Remember being in the Benfica Bar at half-time when Kevin Moore & a couple of police officers grabbed a fan enjoying a pint. Something to do with trouble the week before at an England game if memory serves me correct.

Jims Dentist

Wigan away soon after MAF took over.
Several nearly moments re Gary Brazil who so divded opinions.