watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro - all threads merged - speculation of injury

Started by Fernhurst, September 25, 2022, 12:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

If he goes it will be to Italy or maybe Spain, he just doesn't fit any of the big six profiles in this country and as I have said previously, I don't see him leaving us for Wolves, West Ham or Southampton etc if we are going well in the league.

Palhinha though, thats a different worry. He does fit exactly what the big guns look for in a player.

https://www.football365.com/news/joao-palhinha-premier-league-bargain-season-fulham?fbclid=IwAR3qHUklIWEJ5LgXW3Aq565FNjF2Ut6it5IK8rdLKMqvgIc0auDqV3m7P8Y

General

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 29, 2022, 09:51:37 AM
If he goes it will be to Italy or maybe Spain, he just doesn't fit any of the big six profiles in this country and as I have said previously, I don't see him leaving us for Wolves, West Ham or Southampton etc if we are going well in the league.

Palhinha though, thats a different worry. He does fit exactly what the big guns look for in a player.

https://www.football365.com/news/joao-palhinha-premier-league-bargain-season-fulham?fbclid=IwAR3qHUklIWEJ5LgXW3Aq565FNjF2Ut6it5IK8rdLKMqvgIc0auDqV3m7P8Y

I'm not sure I'd worry about Palhinha either. He moved down from sporting Lisbon and CL football and winning the title to come and play in the PL and for us.

Upon signing he mentioned the manager and club being a family club (and we know he's got a previous relationship with Marco) and he seems to also believe in the clubs potential. He talks about knowing the aim is to stay up but wanting to help the club find success, which is aligned to players like Mitro etc gives me an impression that with a proper manager, a stable foundation and owners who have the capital to back squad improvements we really should start shifting from players getting knicked to building something with said players.

General

Quote from: SerbianLad on September 29, 2022, 09:02:24 AM
Quote from: General on September 29, 2022, 08:32:30 AM
Ps I'd like to see us consider signing mitros Serbian teammate Pavlovic) who many are saying has better potential than Vidic.

Highlights of his performance in their recent match again haalands Norway. (He's 21)

?t=gyAkgunIvXwYHL15SEMb0A&s=19

Let's be confident in ourselves and what we're capable of moving forward. Leicester City won the title against all odds and West ham have been playing in Europe.
Pavlović is still a bit raw. He can make some reckless tackles for example. But he is a great prospect. He's been by far our best defender in every big game we played, he didn't make mistakes in any of those games(Portugal x2, Norway) . He's also been incredible for Salzburg against Chelsea in the CL.

Style of defending is very similar to Vidic, but he's more progressive with his passing and he has the ability to carry the ball forward (similar to what Diop did often for West Ham and a few times for Fulham against Nottingham Forest).

The fact that he already has 21 caps at the age of 21 is also impressive(Serbia also plays less games than England for example, as we never qualify for Euro's and are usually out in the group stages at World Cup.)

I don't mind that he's a raw player, he's shown more than enough potential for me, and Silva and his staff have a track record of developing players and making them better. Ream and cairney have both said he's the first manager who's really improved them out of the numerous ones they've had at the club, whilst you can see the improvement in others.

Tosin alongside Pavlovic could be dominant in this league for years.

On top of which he's not at a huge club yet so is affordable. Internationally he's training against mitrovic and vlahovic which is going to force him to improve by default as they're both top strikers.

Might as well make most of the Serbian connection if we can.

Pluto

The club should hang up the phone at anything less than £100 million for Mitro. He is utterly irreplaceable. Staying in this league alone is worth £150m and we need him to do that. Literally one of the top five strikers in the league.

General

Quote from: Pluto on September 29, 2022, 04:08:29 PM
The club should hang up the phone at anything less than £100 million for Mitro. He is utterly irreplaceable. Staying in this league alone is worth £150m and we need him to do that. Literally one of the top five strikers in the league.

At this moment in time given the prices going around and the depreciation of the £ internationally that's reasonable sum and you could argue more.

SerbianLad

Quote from: General on September 29, 2022, 04:01:29 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on September 29, 2022, 09:02:24 AM
Quote from: General on September 29, 2022, 08:32:30 AM
Ps I'd like to see us consider signing mitros Serbian teammate Pavlovic) who many are saying has better potential than Vidic.

Highlights of his performance in their recent match again haalands Norway. (He's 21)

?t=gyAkgunIvXwYHL15SEMb0A&s=19

Let's be confident in ourselves and what we're capable of moving forward. Leicester City won the title against all odds and West ham have been playing in Europe.
Pavlović is still a bit raw. He can make some reckless tackles for example. But he is a great prospect. He's been by far our best defender in every big game we played, he didn't make mistakes in any of those games(Portugal x2, Norway) . He's also been incredible for Salzburg against Chelsea in the CL.

Style of defending is very similar to Vidic, but he's more progressive with his passing and he has the ability to carry the ball forward (similar to what Diop did often for West Ham and a few times for Fulham against Nottingham Forest).

The fact that he already has 21 caps at the age of 21 is also impressive(Serbia also plays less games than England for example, as we never qualify for Euro's and are usually out in the group stages at World Cup.)

I don't mind that he's a raw player, he's shown more than enough potential for me, and Silva and his staff have a track record of developing players and making them better. Ream and cairney have both said he's the first manager who's really improved them out of the numerous ones they've had at the club, whilst you can see the improvement in others.

Tosin alongside Pavlovic could be dominant in this league for years.

On top of which he's not at a huge club yet so is affordable. Internationally he's training against mitrovic and vlahovic which is going to force him to improve by default as they're both top strikers.

Might as well make most of the Serbian connection if we can.

Oh I agree with all that, I was trying to describe him as a player. I really like him, I don't think we've had a centre back of his potential for a long time. He would also suit Fulham's playstyle well I think.

He might not be cheap though, as he's pretty much guaranteed to start at the World Cup and if Serbia do well(like I hope we will), his price will probably go up. Salzburg are playing CL football too, so while they might not be coming from a top league, they are still a pretty good club to be at.

perry geyton

Yeah of coarse and if a bigger club comes in for him we are buggered as always, that's generally how it  works BUT fortunately if someone wants him it's gonna cost em seeing he just signed that 5 year contract

50 mil +

Black, White and Fred

He has mentioned numerous times in the past that his family are happy and settled and there is even a good Serbian community in the area. I think the only issues could be if Chelsea came in for him, trouble is they really need a number 9 at the moment. Don't think Mitro would push for the move but they do spend silly money, just look at Fofana's fee.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

F(f)CUK

From not being good enough for the Premier League to the player Man U need in just 8 matches.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Agree
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

hovewhite

Quote from: bog on September 29, 2022, 09:38:25 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 28, 2022, 08:23:25 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 28, 2022, 08:08:21 PM
Out for 6 weeks,Wilson has had a setback and want be around till after Xmas,Solomon has ran off with a girl from Grimsby,Leno has super glued his fingers together Rodak has the shits,so BDR is in goal against Newcastle.
Apart from that everything is fine I believe.
Oh no sorry I missed Marco Silva is being interviewed for the Rotherham job.😅

If Marco gets the Rotherham job.
That leaves Neil Warnock clear to take over Fulham then.

Or for the return of Parker.
parkerball for Rotherham.

toshes mate

Mitro is as much an entertainer as a football player and he wants to enjoy his work.  He had that with Jokanovic and now has it back again with Silva and company, but not so much with Ranieri and Parker.

I know it is quite often tough being a Fulham supporter but I do wish we could enjoy the good times for what they are and not always be so pessimistic when the pendulum doesn't always swing as cleanly as we may wish it to.  Mitro will play tomorrow unless he doesn't. 

ffcthereligion

Agreed. Never forget the scores of people who turned on him under Parker and supported his isolation (which ultimately led to our demise). They instead favoured Josh Maja, a striker who has only performed at League One level and is now in the second tier of the french league.

Jim©

Well, you could argue that Chris Wood was just as important to Burnley and they let him go for around £25m.
I'm not for a minute saying that Mitro is worth that little, but these things do happen from time to time. With his international record and a world cup coming up who knows what the future holds. But we do have him here now and he seems to be absolutely loving life.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Jim© on September 30, 2022, 10:55:41 AM
Well, you could argue that Chris Wood was just as important to Burnley and they let him go for around £25m.
I'm not for a minute saying that Mitro is worth that little, but these things do happen from time to time. With his international record and a world cup coming up who knows what the future holds. But we do have him here now and he seems to be absolutely loving life.

They let him go when he had less than a year on his contract and he was in very poor form anyway. The scenarios aren't comparable.

bramble

From the Guardian Premier League Blog
"Goals, goals, goals. And more goals. Eat my goals. Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic can't stop scoring them and if anyone slightly tuned out of football matters during the international break they'd have missed the centre-forward racking up four in two games for Serbia including a hat-trick in a 4-1 win over Sweden.

He's now in that rare space, also occupied by Erling Haaland, of averaging better than a goal per game this season: Mitrovic's current count for club and country is 10 in nine games.

Mitrovic now has 50 for Serbia and he'll look to add more in a Fulham shirt when he takes on his former club, Newcastle, at Craven Cottage at the weekend.

Here's Fulham boss Marco Silva on Mitrovic perhaps trying even harder to score in a bid to put one over his former team.

"He doesn't need that motivation (of playing against his former club), he doesn't need to play against Newcastle to be motivated.

"Mitrovic is always full of motivation to play with a Fulham Football Club shirt or with his national team, that is the motivation for him, to play football matches, to be involved with his team-mates, to keep playing with his connection with me and my staff as well, that is the motivation for him, he doesn't need other motivations.

"After, when he is on the pitch, he is always doing something to help the team to win football matches."

Last Updated: 16:50 Friday, 30 September 2022
51m ago