Saints U18 v Fulham U 18

Started by Mince n Tatties, October 01, 2022, 12:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

The boys currently winning 5-1 @ Soton.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 01, 2022, 12:10:05 PM

Splendid news  and we have some great prospects  a real credit to the youth development.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 01, 2022, 12:13:08 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 01, 2022, 12:10:05 PM

Splendid news  and we have some great prospects  a real credit to the youth development.

Yes our academy is in great shape,and envy of a few clubs I should think.

Mince n Tatties

5-3 in the end after we had one sent off.

I Ronic

Watched the under 21's last night beat Everton 2-0. Wet and windy. So not great conditions but Pajaziti looks a bit special.

Colton F.C.

Does Pajaziti play defensive midfield?

Surlyc

Quote from: Colton F.C. on October 02, 2022, 10:45:36 PM
Does Pajaziti play defensive midfield?
I think he's more of an 8 than a 6, similar to the role Harrison Reed has played this season. In fact I'd quite like to see Pajaziti on the bench, he's certainly going to provide more of an engine from the bench than Chalobah or TC.

f bloke

Pajaziti in style terms is more TC than Palhinha or Harrison Reed - so may have suited us more last season than this where the press is so much of the game plan.  I had high hope for both Minkwitz and Emerson Hyndman but neither of those pushed on in the way I hoped - however, based on his performances for the u 21s, I think Pajaziti is better than both of them.  I also think he has shown more for the u 21/23s than Francois has. - Difficult to tell whether he will have a better career than say Matt O'Riley - I think O'Riley is better at picking a pass but not as good at transitioning with the ball.  They play him as a 10 from time to time but he is less able to influence the game from that position and I think he plays better and the team plays better when he plays as an 8.  This is where he is at a disadvantage to Harris - it will be less risky trying Harris out as a 10 than Pajaziti as an 8 - particularly in this Fulham team

I know there are high hopes for Stansfield and Harris but I think Pajaziti and Charlie Robinson also fall into a similar category  -being the category  'more likely to make it' from the u 21s.  Since he is on the ball so much and is so good on the ball, out of that lot, Pajaziti is the one I enjoy watching the most.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

No one has mentioned the sensational goal scored against Everton by my neighbour Mat Dibley-Dias.
He has scored directly from a corner this season and his shot from out on the left wing curled in beautifully.

Logicalman

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on October 03, 2022, 04:15:23 PM
No one has mentioned the sensational goal scored against Everton by my neighbour Mat Dibley-Dias.
He has scored directly from a corner this season and his shot from out on the left wing curled in beautifully.

:plus one:

It was sweet, very sweet.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

AJW48361

Great Result Soton usually have excellent junior Teams.